New CEO, New List Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not talking about what he said but more the way he said it. Authenticity and emotional intelligence are pretty hard to fake. Like Dockshark said its in the body language, choice of language and the nuance of how things are said.

. Rosich was our saviour when he landed the job, the same love fest was rolled out about him.
Wish I could judge authenticity and emotional intelligence after a 5 minute grab on video.
Personally I would like a little more time to see how he stacks up before making a judgement.
I,ve been fooled by the shiny new toy syndrome to many times.

. Rosich was our saviour when he landed the job, the same love fest was rolled out about him.
Wish I could judge authenticity and emotional intelligence after a 5 minute grab on video.
Personally I would like a little more time to see how he stacks up before making a judgement.
I always thought Rosich was a bit slimey. Maybe cos he worked for them. I dont get the same feeling with Garlick. I guess it remains to be seen.

I don't really remember when Rosich came on, I don't normally care that much about non-footy dept appointments.

I don't really think anyone is making any definitive judgments about Garlic, just commenting the cut of his jibe is promising.
First impressions only and time will of course tell. I've liked all the new appointments so far.

The only things that have displeased me lately is getting peanuts for Langdon (understandable as we have no leverage) and not grabbing 6 for Hill, Bell has shown himself a good operator at trading but in this case I think we should have just grabbed it. Will be very happy to be proved wrong.

The only things that have displeased me lately is getting peanuts for Langdon (understandable as we have no leverage) and not grabbing 6 for Hill, Bell has shown himself a good operator at trading but in this case I think we should have just grabbed it. Will be very happy to be proved wrong.

Given that Saints have made a top 50 salary offer to Hill but not a top 50 trade offer, I believe the best outcome is to keep Hill. Especially given Langdon’s departure.

Hill is a mature player, doing great on-field, with obviously close friends and family in Perth and so I think there is an excellent chance that things will settle down for him and his partner (without a dummy spit).

Based on trade week so fair how would you rate Mark Micallef? The club didn’t even trust him to do interviews like other list managers. Have heard nothing from him since he was hired (except when Bell tried to fired him for Binuk but was overturned).

Throw money at Binuk again or get Emma Quayle who is a journalist turned GWS recruiter to be our new list manager. Creative people who know numbers, the draft and loopholes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impossible to judge without knowing his role. Is he managing the list and Bell negotiating for him? Or is he just doing analysis for Bell? It doesn’t seem as if he’s carrying any responsibility. But who knows?

I was away when Simon Garlick was announced as our new CEO so didn't get a chance to read and hear all that was said about him, or by him.We elected to be Wi Fi free for a week.
But since my return, I have seen a few interviews with him.In all that one thing he said struck me as being a good sign.
He said."While Fremantle FC, has a relatively short history in the AFL, the region is one of the richest football regions in Australia.And the clubs supporter base is as significant as it is passionate."
If he is so aware of the great history for Fremantle football over the years, why have previous Boards of Fremantle not been able to make use of this .
I have written to the Board recently about our lack of interaction with the two WAFL clubs.To me it seems that the FFC and SFFC have severe troubles with each other.
We for too long have ignored the heritage of Fremantle football.I hope from here in we can more aware of the history and heritage of football in Fremantle.

I was away when Simon Garlick was announced as our new CEO so didn't get a chance to read and hear all that was said about him, or by him.We elected to be Wi Fi free for a week.
But since my return, I have seen a few interviews with him.In all that one thing he said struck me as being a good sign.
He said."While Fremantle FC, has a relatively short history in the AFL, the region is one of the richest football regions in Australia.And the clubs supporter base is as significant as it is passionate."
If he is so aware of the great history for Fremantle football over the years, why have previous Boards of Fremantle not been able to make use of this .
I have written to the Board recently about our lack of interaction with the two WAFL clubs.To me it seems that the FFC and SFFC have severe troubles with each other.
We for too long have ignored the heritage of Fremantle football.I hope from here in we can more aware of the history and heritage of football in Fremantle.
Maybe it has more to do with the WAFC and how we began and if those two WAFL clubs were listened too?

Maybe it has more to do with the WAFC and how we began and if those two WAFL clubs were listened too?
Could be. I think we all know that the WAFC are not lovers of Fremantle.
I always refer to us as the unwanted child of football.The AFL really didn't want us, the WAFC believed we were taking from the Eagles, and the WAFL believed we would bleed the competition dry.

Looks like Brayshaw will miss out on the North Melbourne CEO job. With this in mind I’m surprised we didn’t get him?

Hopefully Garlic was the clear standout

Could be. I think we all know that the WAFC are not lovers of Fremantle.
I always refer to us as the unwanted child of football.The AFL really didn't want us, the WAFC believed we were taking from the Eagles, and the WAFL believed we would bleed the competition dry.
It’s a shame.

WAFC should be in corner.

The WAFL need to grow up and understand that two teams would have happen away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Brayshaw will miss out on the North Melbourne CEO job. With this in mind I’m surprised we didn’t get him?

I like the Garlic appointment. Time will tell I guess. Has done it before with mixed success but was certainly around the Bulldogs when they had to pick up the pieces and set things in motion towards their premiership.

Obviously had some experiences and areas of improvement to work on so he went and became a CEO at Bastion. Good age profile as well.

Mark Brayshaw would be invaluable on an AFL Board, just not sure whether he is the right fit for AFL clubs (well certainly Freo) moving forward as a CEO.

I believe the leading Candidates were Garlick and Clement. We chose Freo flavour with coaches and having an external / outside CEO works for me.

I'm confused. The WAFC own 100% the FFC and elect 7 of 9 of it's directors. They make millions from them every year.

If the WAFC didn't like some aspect of the FFC, they can make the necessary changes.

They wanted the FFC ownership and control and blocked the East/South Fremantle bid for a team to join the VFL and then AFL after the WC joined.

They get more money than if just WC existed as they can use the stadium every week in season, not just every second, and many Freo fans came from supporting clubs other than WC so they added to their fan base.

Why would WAFC not want Freo to do well? I certainly want all of my assets to do well, even if I personally like some of them more than others.

Stephen Silvagni stepping down from his role at Carlton is further proof that Brayshaw as our CEO would have been unworkable. I know there were other factors with Silvagni but he has stated having 2 of his kids on the list was difficult. This would be more so for a CEO.

Stephen Silvagni stepping down from his role at Carlton is further proof that Brayshaw as our CEO would have been unworkable. I know there were other factors with Silvagni but he has stated having 2 of his kids on the list was difficult. This would be more so for a CEO.
Not that I disagree on the conflict-of-interest being difficult but surely the list manager - whose only job is player management- has the greater conflict

It’s not a matter of any real conflict of interest. It’s more about a perceived conflict and that perception is greater when you are dealing with the son of the person who can sack you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back