News New CEO: Tim Silvers

How do you feel about the appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Silvers-Mar3-7884_WEB.jpg

"Tim Silvers joins the Crows from the Hawthorn Football Club where he has held a number of key roles over the past 17 years, having most recently served as Chief Operating Officer."

Interesting choice.

Has a strong background in football, across a number of roles.
Comes from a club with recent success.
Not linked to the Crows previously.
Didn't fall in to the trap of the old 'must understand the SA football environment'.

Ticks a lot of boxes. Don't hate it, which is about all I ask for these days.

On paper looks to be a good appointment. Has the financial side of things covered and comes from a strong club in the Hawks. Guess the only question would be has he had roles in the football operation side of things or only in the financial side?

Much more comfortable with this CEO appointment that the last one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Rucci said....

Nah, looks a good appointment from the surface. I just love how we are getting coaches and now CEOs from other quality systems. He has a big job with our new base and by the sounds of it has experience in that already with Hawthorns new base.

Have no idea who he is, but he came from Hawthorn.

Hawthorn and WCE the two best ran clubs in the league. Need to poach talent from these two clubs.

I wanted Vozzo, for the above reason. Silvers coming from Hawthorn is similar.

Pretty happy, and a sign the club has turned a corner.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Very good appointment. At least will shut the neighsayers down for a bit.
No chance. The Negative Nellies will always be Negative Nellies. People like our resident troll moderator will always continue to slag off at the club, at any & every possible opportunity.

This is why we didn't take AFL money during COVID.

Port did and the AFL gave them a budget to replace KT, they promoted the guy in the next office, Matthew Richardson. Kochie sold it as a good appointment because "honest Andy" Demetriou was an independent consultant as part of the search

We were free to go to the market and employ a senior person from a competing club.

Fagan had his faults, but he left us in a financial position where we could make such decisions. KT left Port with a massive debt (bigger than when he arrived) and still beholden to the AFL in regards to such decisions.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back