Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Just watched the press conference. Impressed with how Tim came across. Was nervous at the start but then spoke well and was confident with his answers. Made a special mention about improving the connection between the supporters and the club which is great to hear.

Also spoke about the similarities between where we are at now and where the Hawks were at when he joined them in 2004. He has been involved in rebuilding a club in a very similar position to us which will provide him with good insight into our next few years.

After watching it I am happy with this appointment, we obviously wont know for a few years if we made the right choice but comfortable with the appointment.

Also, bit of armature hour with the press conference... Only one set of microphones for Tim and John Olsen to use so they had to move them around or switch positions, and you couldn't hear the reporters questions as they didn't have a microphone :drunk:

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
it's all about failure of personality by these terminally depressing individuals.

Haha. Glad you brought up personality. Here’s the problem: you don’t have one, and Spackler does.

He’s funny, you’re not.

He’s popular, you’re not.

He’s likeable, you’re not.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I don't agree with that at all.

If the club started walking the walk rather than just talking the talk, I'd be willing to bet that we'd all be more than satisfied.

We should be the equal to clubs like West Coast both on and off the field, the fact that we're not is a valid concern to some of our supporters.

The frustration has a lot to do with our 23 year premiership drought (with no end in sight) and only making 1 grand final since our last flag.

This club has under performed for a long while, that's not baseless trolling it's the truth.
Maybe you're getting the wrong impression here.

There are some posters who are normally supportive of the club, but who have become increasingly critical over the last 3 years, as the manifest failings of Chapman, Burton & co have wreaked havoc on the club. These posters have every right to feel aggrieved at the damage Chapman, Burton & co have done to the club. I'm not talking about these posters.

The people I'm talking about are those, like Slippery Pete and DABM, who are unremittingly negative about the club in almost every post they've ever made since joining the board. They are equally negative during times of on-field success (e.g. 2017 - up to the PF) and on-field failure (e.g. 2020). For these posters, being right about the club's failings now is simply a matter of a broken clock being right twice per day. The negativity of these posters has nothing to do with events at the club, it is the result of failings within their own personal character.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Lies, spin, cheating, toxic culture, culture of no accountability, incompetent admin and footy depart with big egos, Of course we're going to be pissed off when there was no end to it in sight. All we ask for is to be run by good, qualified people who can put the club on the right path, and most of the above is gone. This is the closest we've had and I feel a lot happier to be patient than I did in previous years.

Last edited:

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
I canned my membership because I wanted change and it looked like wouldn't get it. With the announcement that Fagan was leaving I decided to renew my membership. Todays announcement I think is another step in the right direction. I like that we have gone for a non South Aussie person and I like that Sivers comes from a successful background in Hawthorn. But one of my personal requirements was that he /she had a strong footy ( and I mean real footy) background. So I am very hopeful that we are truly heading the right direction. Perhaps there still needs to be a few more people to be cleared out like Roo but I will stay hopeful and make a judgement next year when membership is back up for renewal.
In the same boat, had cancelled the renew and wasn't going to re-sign but very happy with Timmy on board and Olsen has impressed early on which I certainly didn't expect to happen.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just watched the press conference. Impressed with how Tim came across. Was nervous at the start but then spoke well and was confident with his answers. Made a special mention about improving the connection between the supporters and the club which is great to hear.

He actually seemed less comfortable reading from his prepared remarks than he did when speaking off the cuff while answering questions. I like that, although I'm not sure why.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
As long as he puts the right bums on the right seats
And, more importantly, as long as he sticks up for the club when dealing with the VFL..

I want a CEO like the Suns Tony Cockrane.. willing to turn into a “500 pound gorrilla” when pushing the AFL for the benefit of the club.. not some weak as piss “yes AFL sir, we accept your shite” type like we’ve had in the past..

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
And, more importantly, as long as he sticks up for the club when dealing with the VFL..

I want a CEO like the Suns Tony Cockrane.. willing to turn into a “500 pound gorrilla” when pushing the AFL for the benefit of the club.. not some weak as piss “yes AFL sir, we accept your sh*te Trigg clone" type like we’ve had in the past..
Call a spade a spade

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Silvers-Mar3-7884_WEB.jpg
Pretty sure that's Simon Katich.

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
This is the most significant appointment out of any in the last 18 months. The CEO drives the whole lot. Good luck to Silvers.

So since the Dunstall review our key appointments have been:

3x Hawthorn (Silvers, Burns, Bello)
1x West Coast (Van Berlo)
1x Geelong (Rahilly)
1x GWS (Nicks)
1x Richmond (Jackson)
1x Lead SA Power Broker (Olsen)

The club can't be accused of avoiding a cleanout.

Any talk on the Hawks board about him?

A mixture of nothing and the occasional "I'm sick of us losing good people".

I don't know about you, but I'm excited about that. The only time you know an admins name is when they're hot garbage.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide