The Autobots and Team America
silvers-orlov-jpg.1069603
Robert Wall is his Dad?

d831a2b2b304d900a94a963c660ca5e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
I feel bad that I've been here since 2011 and don't know which one Spackler is.

In any case, nobody is even being negative about this appointment but the thread got derailed by negativity anyway. Mods should put a broom through this thread.

It's ironic that the self appointed mother of the board fired an unnecessary shot about negativity which started all the ...negativity.

The naysayers have been proven right and vindicated repeatedly.

This looks like yet another positive and strong appointment - and funnily enough, the overwhelming response is positive.
Yet in the last few weeks, the usual suspects have been bemoaning the almost certain "boys club" appointment, despite all other recent evidence to the contrary. At least this announcement shuts them up on this topic.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Like VB or Olsen (handpicked by the boys club)?
If you are suggesting we should look back on past decisions (albeit more recently) you’d understand why some were skeptical.
VB had at least spent time away at a much better club

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
On reflection, I think Silvers is a pretty uninspiring selection. Nothing particularly stands out in his background, and being at the one club for 17 years is not the sign of an ambitious, hungry executive.

BUT...

maybe that’s just what we need. A lower profile guy, a footy guy, to just do the damn job.

after all the ego driven turmoil of the last decade, just doing the damn job might be a blessed relief.

and say what you like about the ‘family club’ they never forgot who they were, where they came from, and what mattered. Supporters aren’t an afterthought.

and having seen first hand our troubles, it’s hard to believe Dunstall’s thoughts weren’t sought, and thumbs up received about Silvers.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
We didn’t lose any games in November or December

We didn’t win any either.

On reflection, I think Silvers is a pretty uninspiring selection. Nothing particularly stands out in his background, and being at the one club for 17 years is not the sign of an ambitious, hungry executive.

BUT...

maybe that’s just what we need. A lower profile guy, a footy guy, to just do the damn job.

after all the ego driven turmoil of the last decade, just doing the damn job might be a blessed relief.

and say what you like about the ‘family club’ they never forgot who they were, where they came from, and what mattered. Supporters aren’t an afterthought.

and having seen first hand our troubles, it’s hard to believe Dunstall’s thoughts weren’t sought, and thumbs up received about Silvers.

My understanding is he applied for CEO at the Hawks, lost to Gaudy; she was gone in five months, board replaced her with someone else, he took it on the chin and kept plugging away.

Back