News New CEO: Tim Silvers

How do you feel about the appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS, what a disgrace.

I mean, nine pages in and no one has referred to us as "Silvers' Spooners" yet.

Lift people.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Hawthorn though have had decades of history of being the "Family" Club .....they were smart enough to foster that positioning

Silvers will find the AFC a stark contrast to what he's used to ......is he astute enough to manage a transition to a more fan friendly club
My Godparents have been involved with Hawthorn as player sponsors and volunteers since the late 70s. And this is something the club has been good at even when they got big in the late 2000s.

Mind you it was the grass roots supporters who helped in keeping the club alive and stopping the merger.

It goes both ways there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Chapman
Hazel

Ricciuto
Jameson
Ryder
Fagan
Smart
Burton
Pyke
Campo
Hart

Godden (demoted)
Mattner
Hass

Fair cleanout. Roo the big one that still needs to go.

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,
personally, this continuity is exactly what keeps me coming back against my better judgement... it's like watching neighbours year after year to check in and see what karl and susan are up to... it's home and away with uglier but weirdly more eloquent people...

Deaneus! invariably starts things off with a rambling and mildly entertaining attempt at irreverence, painfully and obviously constructed with enough fancy words that we think wow he's intelligent AND funny but not so many that we think gee he likes the sound of his own voice. which he does.

Scorpus brings the mood immediately down with a bitingly honest reminder of our inherent and everlasting incompetence

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? resurrects things with an on-point Simpsons meme or carefully constructed one-liner / witty observation that he's posting here purely as a testing ground to see if it makes the cut for his bigger and better ramblings elsewhere

Punchy Bassett grumblingly agrees things are looking OK with but always with some big grumpy caveat

hey shorty says something sarcastic and businessy because he's a sarcastic businessman that knows heaps about sarcasm and business and also sometimes football

Vader uses far too many words to say far too little about whatever the topic was three pages ago

DJ75 pops up with a punchy one liner hinting that he KNOWS things, important things, and people, important people

Sanders accuses someone of being Alex and they always are

i can't tag FROGGY and i don't know why but i will say that his first quips are often funny but rarely the second or fifteenth

GrommoT says a thing but also it may have been Golumless as everyone forgets they're two different posters

mistylake says something mildly offensive to women and/or gen z

Slippery Pete says something overtly offensive to both women and gen z but it's hilarious so they don't mind too much

Vhaluus opines as if every single thread is Boomers vs Kids these days but since i generally tend to agree with his worldview i welcome his presence in my echochamber

Murray2503 might try and join in but nobody knows or cares because they have him on ignore

jenny61_99 tells everyone they should play nicely

feenix67 has given up on life so doesn't say anything

skam85 takes up the vacuum of defender-of-free-speech-and-saying-mean-things-is-ok-especially-when-its-funny vacated by feenix67

Coopers sticks his head up and says something genuinely humorous and / or insightful and it always surprises me because i expect much less of him for some unknown reason

Bearded Clam is drunk

so is Runnin Blue

mattymac says something funny then disappears for five weeks always leaving us wanting more, MORE

and then Godallblighty pipes up four days later with an intelligent, insightful, concise encapsulation of the issue at hand and the rest of us slink back to our daytime holes wishing we were smarter and doing more with our lives

As a serial lurker and sometime contributor for the last 16 years, this is very good and scarily accurate description of the AFC BF Board.

Bravo.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
personally, this continuity is exactly what keeps me coming back against my better judgement... it's like watching neighbours year after year to check in and see what karl and susan are up to... it's home and away with uglier but weirdly more eloquent people...

Deaneus! invariably starts things off with a rambling and mildly entertaining attempt at irreverence, painfully and obviously constructed with enough fancy words that we think wow he's intelligent AND funny but not so many that we think gee he likes the sound of his own voice. which he does.

Scorpus brings the mood immediately down with a bitingly honest reminder of our inherent and everlasting incompetence

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? resurrects things with an on-point Simpsons meme or carefully constructed one-liner / witty observation that he's posting here purely as a testing ground to see if it makes the cut for his bigger and better ramblings elsewhere

Punchy Bassett grumblingly agrees things are looking OK with but always with some big grumpy caveat

hey shorty says something sarcastic and businessy because he's a sarcastic businessman that knows heaps about sarcasm and business and also sometimes football

Vader uses far too many words to say far too little about whatever the topic was three pages ago

DJ75 pops up with a punchy one liner hinting that he KNOWS things, important things, and people, important people

i can't tag FROGGY and i don't know why but i will say that his first quips are often funny but rarely the second or fifteenth

GrommoT says a thing but also it may have been Golumless as everyone forgets they're two different posters

Slippery Pete says something overtly offensive to both women and gen z but it's hilarious so they don't mind too much

Vhaluus opines as if every single thread is Boomers vs Kids these days but since i generally tend to agree with his worldview i welcome his presence in my echochamber

Murray2503 might try and join in but nobody knows or cares because they have him on ignore

skam85 takes up the vacuum of defender-of-free-speech-and-saying-mean-things-is-ok-especially-when-its-funny vacated by feenix67

Coopers sticks his head up and says something genuinely humorous and / or insightful and it always surprises me because i expect much less of him for some unknown reason

Bearded Clam is drunk

so is Runnin Blue

mattymac says something funny then disappears for five weeks always leaving us wanting more, MORE

and then Godallblighty pipes up four days later with an intelligent, insightful, concise encapsulation of the issue at hand and the rest of us slink back to our daytime holes wishing we were smarter and doing more with our lives
I've been burnt too many times to paraphrase Jim Gordon from Batman Begins, I think this football department is here to help, but I've been wrong before.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Chapman
Hazel

Ricciuto
Jameson
Ryder
Fagan
Smart
Burton
Pyke
Campo
Hart

Godden (demoted)
Mattner
Hass

Harper still going strong. Though I wonder if it's a bit of a Milton situation:

images.jpeg.jpg

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Makes great coffee, but sends really bad emails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dude316

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2009
The Armada Room
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Chapman
Hazel

Ricciuto
Jameson
Ryder
Fagan
Smart
Burton
Pyke
Campo
Hart

Godden (demoted)
Mattner
Hass

Yeah, when you put it like that, that’s a decent clean out.
Time to update this one:

or find another scene where 10 people are killed off at once.

Yeah, when you put it like that, that’s a decent clean out.
Time to update this one:

or find another scene where 10 people are killed off at once.

tumblr_inline_oyr8msGGZt1qhxw7m_500.gifv

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
As was the response to Fagan's appointment .....he was appluaded for being an outsider, and strangely enough had overseen on-field success

He certainly had no overseen onfield success.

quite the opposite, he took over at the Brumbies (internal promotion) when they were a dynasty. When he left, they were us

Edddiiieee

Debutant
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Spoke like a real people's person.
Just hope he is ruthless with some that have a free pass at this club!!!

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
@Sanders accuses someone of being Alex and they always are

Amazing :tearsofjoy:

@skam85 takes up the vacuum of defender-of-free-speech-and-saying-mean-things-is-ok-especially-when-its-funny vacated by @feenix67

Even more amazing is that I've somehow become BF relevant. What a time to be alive.

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Bearded Clam is drunk

so is Runnin Blue

I'm not sure why you'd expect less of me, but honestly, like being invited to the pub or being in bed with a woman, I'm pretty much just happy to be included.

Back