betterthanu

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2006
ADL
AFL Club
Adelaide
Big test this week, big test

i think he can comfortably say he passed

as a supporter group we’ve lamented many times about what it would be like to have an executive that didn’t roll over immediately whenever VFL House decided to play funny buggers

Our bitchslap of Hocking and Gleeson... o yes

i think we should acknowledge the club effort here

as for Mr Silvers

View attachment 1157599

Strong statement from Silvers
"You can take our draft picks, fine us thousands, give us band 2 for our best player....but dont you EVER try to stop us playing David MacKay"

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Did I miss something?

Did he actually come out and make any sort of statement?

there was a tweet

then we fought the most contentious tribunal crap all year and embarrassed them

not something any of us thought we’d do under old regimes

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
there was a tweet

.... seriously?

Lets be honest with ourselves here, we fought it at the Tribunal because we didn't have a choice.

You really think we wouldn't have taken an early guilty plea if it was offered to us?

Also even if we HAD been given the option to take the guilty plea and decided NOT to fight it.. that's not a decision that would have been made by the CEO. It would have been a football department decision meaning the credit would have gone to someone like Kelly.

The fact you're giving the CEO credit for this is utterly bizarre.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
there was a tweet

Under the Trigg regime, the club may have bought Mackay a tube of lube as a show of "support".

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
.... seriously?

Lets be honest with ourselves here, we fought it at the Tribunal because we didn't have a choice.

You really think we wouldn't have taken an early guilty plea if it was offered to us?

Also even if we HAD been given the option to take the guilty plea and decided NOT to fight it.. that's not a decision that would have been made by the CEO. It would have been a football department decision meaning the credit would have gone to someone like Kelly.

In all seriousness I doubt an early guilty plea would have been taken

Implying DMac is guilty in this case is a game changer. I bet there would be pressure from the industry to fight it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
.... seriously?

the fact you’re not is bizarre-er

Kelly works in a vacuum does he? Just runs around and organizes lawyers and reports and huge public-facing crises and the CEO is like “sure mate, so long as you don’t touch my model trains”

CEO, least important guy in the building

what does Silvers do then?

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I fail to see how Adelaide's defence of Mad Dog was any different to the defences we've previously mounted for other players sent to the Tribunal. Silvers hasn't made one iota of difference in this area - neither good, nor bad. The AFC has always gone in hard, when they have chosen to appeal MRP/MRO findings in the past.

As an example, we previously used Paul Grimshaw in our attempt to get Richard Douglas off, back in 2018:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/cox-accepts-ban-crows-await-afl-tribunal-20180327-p4z6hc.html

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
I fail to see how Adelaide's defence of Mad Dog was any different to the defences we've previously mounted for other players sent to the Tribunal. Silvers hasn't made one iota of difference in this area - neither good, nor bad. The AFC has always gone in hard, when they have chosen to appeal MRP/MRO findings in the past.

As an example, we previously used Paul Grimshaw in our attempt to get Richard Douglas off, back in 2018:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/cox-accepts-ban-crows-await-afl-tribunal-20180327-p4z6hc.html

This wasn’t just a charge, this was a full-throated attack by the AFL & their various media lackeys to reform the game without consultation

A little bit more than the usual whacked a bloke behind play nonsense

Anyhoo

I wonder what kind of lobbying went on behind closed doors to get us to keep the match at AO

Did the AFL run out of Vic grounds this weekend, or did they say “yeah we owe you one” or what?

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
This wasn’t just a charge, this was a full-throated attack by the AFL & their various media lackeys to reform the game without consultation

Anyhoo

I wonder what kind of lobbying went on behind closed doors to get us to keep the match at AO

Did the AFL run out of Vic grounds this weekend, or did they say “yeah we owe you one” or what?

Has it not always been the preference for all relevant parties involved?

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide

Anyhoo

Hopefully, we charge them 50k for the use of the ground...

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Anyhoo

A salient point. I get a definite impression from the words of the AFC officials that we went in hard to keep the home match: no supine rolling over here.

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
the fact you’re not is bizarre-er

Kelly works in a vacuum does he? Just runs around and organizes lawyers and reports and huge public-facing crises and the CEO is like “sure mate, so long as you don’t touch my model trains”

CEO, least important guy in the building

what does Silvers do then?
The silence is deafening

The silence is deafening
What? He’s been sending out regular emails to keep members abreast of all the news. He‘s been busy working on our new home ground proposals. he put up a legal fight against the AFL to clear DMac, he pushed hard to have this game remain in Adelaide. What more should he be doing?

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Typically the chairman is the vocal proponent to the media to ask for change or talk about important issues.
The CEO does the operation and member stakeholder management.
Tim is doing fine.
I would like to see more from the late 90s premier about inequalities within the game.
E.g. North asking for a priority pick unfairly, DMac witch hunts, NGA rights taken away from interstate sides and the draft advantage currently with Victorian and eastern state teams.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Typically the chairman is the vocal proponent to the media to ask for change or talk about important issues.
The CEO does the operation and member stakeholder management.
Tim is doing fine.
I would like to see more from the late 90s premier about inequalities within the game.
E.g. North asking for a priority pick unfairly, DMac witch hunts, NGA rights taken away from interstate sides and the draft advantage currently with Victorian and eastern state teams.
The draft advantage is pretty much always going to be there, DMac was dealt with superbly, NGA rights are certainly an issue but no immune to us.... And North deserve a PP.

Olsen has done a fine job so far.

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
What? He’s been sending out regular emails to keep members abreast of all the news. He‘s been busy working on our new home ground proposals. he put up a legal fight against the AFL to clear DMac, he pushed hard to have this game remain in Adelaide. What more should he be doing?
I wasn't talking about Mr Silvers

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
The draft advantage is pretty much always going to be there, DMac was dealt with superbly, NGA rights are certainly an issue but no immune to us.... And North deserve a PP.

Olsen has done a fine job so far.
North don't deserve s**t. They should scrap priority picks entirely.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back