New clash guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

I found the image on my previous post on this link below (hope it works).
It has many many images of Bears & Lions guernsey's if anyone interested. Some other clubs also shown. Each photo has another link.
Some nice photos if you want a trip down memory lane.

It actually has the clash one worn by Daniel Rich in the last 2 days.
It is on the same line as one of Brad Hardy (on right hand side) and next to Richard Champion in a Bears guernsey. This gives a good contrast of modern design over the old.

I'm sure we'll be wearing it in all non-Victorian away games, as per.

No, we have a designated away guernsey (the Fitzroy red one) which we wear at all away games, unless the AFL in their wisdom determine it clashes with the home side. In which case, we'll wear this one. Will only be against GC, Sydney and maybe GWS.

Last edited:
No, we have a designated away guernsey (the Fitzroy red one) which we wear at all away games, unless the AFL in their wisdom determine it clashes with the home side. In which case, we'll wear this one. Will only be against GC and maybe GWS.

I thought the Fitzroy red was out Melbourne away jumper and we typically would go the maroon home jumper for away games unless there's a clash? Though who knows if there are any hard and fast rules, with 4 jumpers to wear across just 22 games there's probably some variations

I thought the Fitzroy red was out Melbourne away jumper and we typically would go the maroon home jumper for away games unless there's a clash? Though who knows if there are any hard and fast rules, with 4 jumpers to wear across just 22 games there's probably some variations

Nope. We wear red in Perth.

1576113456869.png

And Adelaide.

1576113585264.png

Last edited:
No, we have a designated away guernsey (the Fitzroy red one) which we wear at all away games, unless the AFL in their wisdom determine it clashes with the home side. In which case, we'll wear this one. Will only be against GC, Sydney and maybe GWS.

95% sure we wore red away to GWS in 2019.

We only play Sydney at the Gabba in 2020, so as far as I can tell we wear the white strip just once, away to the Suns.

95% sure we wore red away to GWS in 2019.

We only play Sydney at the Gabba in 2020, so as far as I can tell we wear the white strip just once, away to the Suns.

You can see what guernseys each team wore for every game they have played on the footyjumpers.com site. Here's the lions' 2019 season jumpers against for each game.

Only wore the clash once against GC away, and it was the ANZAC version.

And here's 2018 games for comparison:

We wore the clash strip 3 times: against GC, Hawks in Tassie, and GWS in Sydney. Only reason we wore it against Hawthorn was because they were wearing their pink and brown strip for breast cancer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a fan. I'll be getting one. I'm sure the shorts will be white, but it'd look great with maroon shorts. Reminds me a bit of the old Queensland jumper with the maroon sash.

Of course the whole AFL idea behind the ‘clash’ guernsey is just to sell more AFL approved product. We used to watch Essendon v Richmond on our old black and white televisions and were able to tell them apart because we knew the players and one team wore black shorts and the other white. I can’t recall players being any more or less confused by their opponents jumpers than they are today. The whole thing is a bit of a cash grab to be honest.

That said, I would like to see the Brisbane Lions wearing this clash guernsey.

D0BB4923-45B7-4624-98AE-5DF24DE58B96.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back