meat-head

Rookie
Jun 6, 2007
Terang
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mininera
What Do You Think!! Is Mortalke Going To Get There Own Club?!!
Tell Me What You Think

The new news in the area is that Mortlake are looking to put a junior side in with Deakin after they were rejected. Not sure how well this would work but apparantly the juniors at Woorendoo are strugling to get full sides so how will Mortlake find enough players? Those wanting to start the side are the ones who either left Mortlake when they were down or bid hard to join Lismore for the Western Lions

The new news in the area is that Mortlake are looking to put a junior side in with Deakin after they were rejected. Not sure how well this would work but apparantly the juniors at Woorendoo are strugling to get full sides so how will Mortlake find enough players? Those wanting to start the side are the ones who either left Mortlake when they were down or bid hard to join Lismore for the Western Lions

Had there been a bit more commitment after the clubs vote to start the western liond there might still be a side at mortlake, the breakaway group of players that left derrinallum and went to lismore instead of the lions wrecked it for three towns (derri, darlington, mortlake) any thoughts

Had there been a bit more commitment after the clubs vote to start the western liond there might still be a side at mortlake, the breakaway group of players that left derrinallum and went to lismore instead of the lions wrecked it for three towns (derri, darlington, mortlake) any thoughts

You could be right, I got it wrong and they did try join Derri not Lismore. I dunno if it would have kept a team in Mortlake but it would have definatly helped. I think you are right that it has wrecked all three towns but the way country footy is goin I think 1 team is gunna fall away and that may help the other but I still don't think that area can support another team

We played woorndoo mortlake not long ago and goy there early enough to see the kids they were thirty strong and are second on the ladder. Mortlake could easerly get a side together with the kids nocked back at terang and woorndoo plus i dare say a few from kolora

You could be right, I got it wrong and they did try join Derri not Lismore. I dunno if it would have kept a team in Mortlake but it would have definatly helped. I think you are right that it has wrecked all three towns but the way country footy is goin I think 1 team is gunna fall away and that may help the other but I still don't think that area can support another team

But surely without the playing group that went to lismore you would surely be able to get enough players from that big of an area to come and play, it just comes to rest that there is no loyalty in playing 4 your local sides

We played woorndoo mortlake not long ago and goy there early enough to see the kids they were thirty strong and are second on the ladder. Mortlake could easerly get a side together with the kids nocked back at terang and woorndoo plus i dare say a few from kolora
I was only going on what I heard around the traps, alot of people don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. I think it would be better for the WDFNL if a junior side was running around before deakin games.

sorry to say mate but the unders finished sec on the ladder

I was only going on what I heard around the traps, alot of people don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. I think it would be better for the WDFNL if a junior side was running around before deakin games.

I havent heard many complaints so far from people that have travelled to mortlake to play deakin up there. Was great to see kids being able to play at the same ground as the res/seniors and for parents to not have to travel to different grounds. Whilst they arent going to be premiership contenders as yet i wouldnt think its great to see them up and having a go.

It was also great to see everyone leave after the Under 17's! When Rovers played there, there was cars everywhere for the juniors but nobodys was there for the seniors, worst atmosphere ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty Much

for most of them they would not yet have any affiliation or feeling or belonging to the sharks. My guess would be that as time goes on and they become somewhat more accustomed to each other the two parts of the "'club' will hopefully work together better. This said i think it is a short term fix to the problem and that as the original thread asked that we will indeed see a full contingent from mortlake soon reagrdless of what league they join good luck to them

for most of them they would not yet have any affiliation or feeling or belonging to the sharks. My guess would be that as time goes on and they become somewhat more accustomed to each other the two parts of the "'club' will hopefully work together better. This said i think it is a short term fix to the problem and that as the original thread asked that we will indeed see a full contingent from mortlake soon reagrdless of what league they join good luck to them

this idea of a club in mortlake is great in same way but not just the unders they are trying to close down Woorndoo by taking there players but that didnt work the woorndoo unders are sec and they took players from Lismore and Noorat what w***ers i am giving it will last about 2-3 years at the most!! why not try to get woorndoo at mortlake every sec home game and then Terang evey 3 home game they both share the name Mortlake!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back