Prediction New Club Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

**** Pirates. Just so I don’t have to see Jarrod Walsh dressed up acting like one and saying “Arrrrrr me hearties, fellow pirate fans, raise those scarves and bellow out NTUA”

Ahaha very good. We’re imagining a brand that’s practically a bikie gang but the club rolls out Pirates of Penzance.

i think in 5 years time there will be a national reserves competition (in its infancy) and it will have the Port Adelaide Football Club, perhaps even an inaugural club, but it'll be our reserves as we know the AFL division to be and not nicknamed the Magpies in wharf pylons. i think moves like having 1 badge for all divisions of the club moves us towards this world. you could call it bowing down to VFL overlords but we did fight to join their association. i feel this regime will happily drop the Magpies stuff for the reserves comp. moving the jumper to an AFL heritage jumper once a year and those kinds of things. the Magpies badge might die out? (i know KT and co. have said the badge is a one off thing but we'll see)

it's a shame some of the top tier ideas we've seen here won't be looked at by the club or the agencies they're working with. the diamond posted here is top of the lot. you'd hope the agency isn't full of old timers as disconnected to us as Koch who pull 3 terrible designs out at the club "has" to choose one..
I would call our reserves either the Port Adelaide "Creed", "Tradition", "Sacrifice", "Devotion", or "Heritage". An effective way of having no nicknames is adopting many different ones.

Besides, the day we join an interstate Reserve competition, I am sure we would immediately apply for getting our zones back from the SANFL. The Magpies won't go anywhere.

Personally, I would be bothering the AFL for a spot in the VFL right now. Why wait for the AFL Reserves, if 10 clubs already play in the same league?

Ahaha very good. We’re imagining a brand that’s practically a bikie gang but the club rolls out Pirates of Penzance.
This is what Jarrod Walsh would look like on the boundary while he's trying to set up a pirate and "piratte".
eac835f72ef7f018f6efec12ec417126_400x400.jpeg

Last edited:
This whole thing is ********.

One club - two teams.
Each team has a logo.

The SANFL team is the bloody magpies and the logo is the magpie. See that picture in my avatar, that's it.

The AFL team has kept one logo since 1997. Its the one thing we have not changed. And it has the prison bars on it. I bloody well like it as it is.

If we are changing our logo its only because Eddie has told us to remove the magpie and we have said, yes sir how high sir.

You want to change our logo - then try coming to my house and taking the magpies memorabilia off my wall, I bloody well dare you to.

New logo, what a crock of ****.

Magpie logo on the left, Power logo on the right and "PAFC Est. 1870 - 150 years" in the middle, that's the only thing I'll accept.

Had a gutful of this vic-bullied generational change wrapped up as a 150th celebration.

100% agree with this
No ambiguity, no confusion
Proud of the past, confident of the future

I may have missed something also, why do people think AFL Reserves is a fait accompli? The AFL is pretty invested in the NEAFL for the northern clubs, I can't imagine they'd want to undo that, nor pick up the tab for even more flights from Perth to Melbourne

I may have missed something also, why do people think AFL Reserves is a fait accompli? The AFL is pretty invested in the NEAFL for the northern clubs, I can't imagine they'd want to undo that, nor pick up the tab for even more flights from Perth to Melbourne
An AFL Reserves comp is deffs on the agenda, it may be addressed after everyone is in the AFLW comp.

**** Pirates. Just so I don’t have to see Jarrod Walsh dressed up acting like one and saying “Arrrrrr me hearties, fellow pirate fans, raise those scarves and bellow out NTUA”

I for one can't wait for the Perfect Parrrrrr at three quarter time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More ridiculous to not use it. I'll have to ponder that one for a while.
What's to ponder?

Pink can or cannot be used by the women's team.

To say they cannot or should not is as daft as saying they should.

What's to ponder?

Pink can or cannot be used by the women's team.

To say they cannot or should not is as daft as saying they should.

That's why I put imo. in my first post.

I can’t speak for other women but my partner f@&king hates the pink = girl branding. You may as well write “just shut up and look pretty” on the guernsey.

pink on AFLW guernsey is tokenism in the Lego Friends way

Only positive for me is a news article in the future saying "Hinkley walks the plank" That's a layup.

Instead the "Power's gone out"

I'm seeing
"The ships run a ground for the Pirates"
"Uncharted waters this week for the Pirates"
"The Pirates have lost their course"
"All aboard the Pirate ship"
"Pirates now with 2 captains but still all at sea"

infinite puns....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back