Prediction New Club Logo

It is 100% happening and will unite the two brands.

So what do people thing it will look like?

Most likely a monogram, I can't see there being a Magpie anywhere near it.

It is 100% happening and will unite the two brands.

So what do people thing it will look like?

Most likely a monogram, I can't see there being a Magpie anywhere near it.
Did KT say it would only be for 2020? Or will it 2020 and beyond?

Considering we’re having an anniversary and there’ll probably be a 150 years logo, expect an appropriation of the 150 logo.
Collingwood did it (100 years and 125 years), Carlton did it (150) and Melbourne did it (150)

Did KT say it would only be for 2020? Or will it 2020 and beyond?
I reckon they are testing the waters for it. The way he spoke suggests they are keen to unite the logos for good (he associated it with OneClub).

Considering we’re having an anniversary and there’ll probably be a 150 years logo, expect an appropriation of the 150 logo.
Collingwood did it (100 years and 125 years), Carlton did it (150) and Melbourne did it (150)
I don't know, the way he spoke suggested a design that will bring Power and Magpies together in some way, not a heritage one.

I reckon they are testing the waters for it. The way he spoke suggests they are keen to unite the logos for good (he associated it with OneClub).
Things that should be on it, or at least considered.

1. Port Adelaide
2. PAFC
3. 1870
4. Black and white colours
5. Maybe Prison Bars incorporated like in current AFL logo

Things that could be problematic in a combined logo
1. Teal
2. Magpies
3. Hand with Thunderbolt

Unless it's one of those logos where there is two flags one with a V design and one with the PB design or something.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
I don't know, the way he spoke suggested a design that will bring Power and Magpies together in some way, not a heritage one.

Magpies shouldn't be a part of it. A monogram makes sense but not the combination of Power and Magpies. We have to question how long our relationship with the sanfl is going to last.

i expect something worse than the best 5 we've seen on this forum over the last decade. my favorite has been the PA monogram inside a Magpies-esque circular badge. surely they won't go for something too elaborate considering all the obvious great parts of multiple badges + monogram we can draw from but who knows.

it'll be a damn shame to lose the black and white stripes i love having them

Magpies shouldn't be a part of it. A monogram makes sense but not the combination of Power and Magpies. We have to question how long our relationship with the sanfl is going to last.
Less Power, Less Magpies, More Port Adelaide.

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Less Power, Less Magpies, More Port Adelaide.

I've been thinking along similar lines and got to the point of no reference to either Magpies or the Power (yuk) and simply the Port Adelaide logo in black and white.

Reason being, 'we' are Port Adelaide and as has often been mentioned, the Maggies and Power are teams that represent the PAFC.

Just my thoughts.

Has to be the PA logo wouldn't it its simple and says who we are. and its all ready on a lot of stuff
This is my hope.

Has to be the PA logo wouldn't it its simple and says who we are. and its all ready on a lot of stuff
This is my hope, with a 150 Laurel for 2020.

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
If they do a decent job of it (would love to know which agency has the task) I can see something similar to the BiB jumper happening. Bring it in for the anniversary year - public loves it - club adopts it full time.

As people have said, we don't want a Frankenstatein of branding. Needs to be less Magpie, less Power, more black and white, more Port Adelaide.

Trewth

shootin from the lip
Mar 21, 2011
amongst the rabble
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Knicks, Canucks, Raiders, St Pauli
I like our current logo which seems to me already incorporates everything we’re aiming to do with the new logo. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, especially this current administration who everything they touch turns to s**t.

Pear1870

Section 301
Port Adelaide - Allir Allir Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Kane Farrell Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee Player Sponsor 2020
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Due to the lack of both trust and confidence in club management, I would bet my left but that the agency is from interstate or overseas who are googleling Port Adelaide Football Club as we speak because they have never heard of it. The clubs PR team will do the rest of the sell spin to supporters. That they believe they are very good at.

There is nothing wrong with what we currently have. Save the money (the cost would be massive) and put it where it is needed : in the football department, sports medicine whatever. A new logo is NOT doing anything to wins games, make finals let alone win a premiership. Talk about moving the deck chairs while the Titanic sinks.

I like our current logo which seems to me already incorporates everything we’re aiming to do with the new logo. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, especially this current administration who everything they touch turns to ****.
I understand the admin sucks, but the logo of 2 logos put together is only a short term thing. We need a singular logo that represents the whole club.

I like our current logo which seems to me already incorporates everything we’re aiming to do with the new logo. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, especially this current administration who everything they touch turns to ****.

Me too, but when they started using the Magpies logo as well they cancelled its effectiveness.

Change POWER to PORT and it's done for me.

*Moving post from other thread.*

Don't want to turn this thread into Davy Jones locker room but these are pretty simple.

165138_8fa1ce7a07ad54b06619ff25acc10bff-jpg.323436

241760_2603d74f6f61ba53489ef3a2e540222c-jpg.323439

Back