Prediction New Club Logo

*Moving post from other thread.*

Don't want to turn this thread into Davy Jones locker room but these are pretty simple.

165138_8fa1ce7a07ad54b06619ff25acc10bff-jpg.323436

241760_2603d74f6f61ba53489ef3a2e540222c-jpg.323439
The black diamond one is my easy favourite, but if we stick with PA I'll be happy.

The black diamond one is my easy favourite, but if we stick with PA I'll be happy.
I forgot to mention in the earlier post about what the logo should or shouldn't have. The nod to the Port panel in the 2nd logo is terrific.

I forgot to mention in the earlier post about what the logo should or shouldn't have. The nod to the Port panel in the 2nd logo is terrific.
I honestly didn't even get that! I like it even more now!

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
That's vile mate, sorry.
No problem. I am not good at drawing. The final product is irrelevant. Someone more talented than me can make a better job. I am more interested on its premises.

I was trying to point a direction. I was aiming at our beginning, something that could give us a sense of "foundation" which would allow us moving forward. I was focusing on unity, something that could gives a sense of "togetherness" which would allow us embrace diversity and expand our brand.

I wanted something that could simultaneously fit into: (a) 1870 and our glorious SANFL past; (b) 1997 and our move to the AFL; (c) 2010 and the "One Club" movement; (d) 2015 and our community work and Chinese endeavor; and (e) beyond and anything that we might do from now on.

That "Port Adelaide 1870" black-and-white halo was the best idea I had.

Last edited:
No problem. I am not good at drawing. The final product is irrelevant. Someone more talented than me can make a better job. I am more interested on its premises.

I was trying to point a direction. I was aiming at our beginning, something that could give us a sense of "foundation" which would allow us moving forward. I was focusing on unity, something that could gives a sense of "togetherness" which would allow us embrace diversity and expand our brand.

I wanted something that could simultaneously fit into: (a) 1870 and our glorious SANFL past; (b) 1997 and our move to the AFL; (c) 2010 and the "One Club" movement; (d) 2015 and our community work and Chinese endeavor; and (e) beyond and anything that we might do from now on.

That "Port Adelaide 1870" black-and-white halo was the best idea I had.
It's the premise that I dislike.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The current thunderfist logo has to go. It's dated and it may have been pulled from an early 80s design that the USFL Oakland Invaders used.

View attachment 674758
Embrace the mightiness and the immortality of Zeus/Jupiter, mate! He was a first among equals; ruler of both gods and men.

I have no idea why we don't explore this symbol more. It is already there! The symbolism of Zeus/Jupiter fits the message within NTUA and what we want to achieve as a club in the AFL. Besides, he would be a great mascot!

I do like the black diamond logo. It could include black and white wharf pylons in the top half and teal and black chevrons in the bottom half.

It would be a unification of our most iconic designs in the two leagues. Might be a bit busy though.

Black diamond works well as it is, hopefully those in charge don't come up with Homer's car ;)

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
It's the premise that I dislike.
The question is how we save our great past by connecting it to our bad recent past, our present and our future. There is no turning back the clock, mate. That ship has sailed the moment we joined the AFL. We cannot deny that 1997-2018 has happened, and its now part of the Port Adelaide Football Club. We cannot deny our situation in 2019. We must act consider everything, or else, we fail.

We don't need to give up our past. We should fight for our heritage unrelentlessly. However, we are not independent. We need to convince people. We need recover our bond with our great past in a way that is acceptable for those who actually decide upon these sort of stuff. We need something that allow us to fight for our heritage without fading, without breaking; i.e., something that is already strongly bonded to it, but not overtly enough to call much attention.

We need a Trojan horse.

Unpopular opinion time - 1870 by itself is not a logo. Establishment dates are good as a part of something bigger but not as the main focal point.
What if 1870 was swapped with "PAFC" and right above or below it in the black area you have a small "1870" in white?

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Unpopular opinion time - 1870 by itself is not a logo. Establishment dates are good as a part of something bigger but not as the main focal point.
I'm with you. It screams out insecurity in my eyes.

The black diamond and white panel is the logo, the 1870 is the number on the number panel.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
KT specifically said a 'Commerative Logo'

Chiwigi may be right that they may test the waters with it, but I can't see us adopting 1 across 2 teams permanently. Maybe it becomes a 'club logo' but it wont be the logo for each team.

This is what KT said in the video with Norts. My take is if they don't get it right, its only used in 2020.

“Most significantly is we’re going to build a commemorative logo,” Thomas told the club’s website. “Now that may not sound like a lot but when you think of the club since 1997 when we came into the AFL it really has been presented as two different identities — the Magpies and the Power.

“We’ve had some monumental struggles since 1997 to bring the club back together. “We think the 150th year will be a great opportunity to actually present the club, via a commemorative logo, as one again for the first time since we’ve been in the AFL. “We think that’s a really significant moment.”

If we are going for one identity, then its just the words Port Adelaide or Port Adelaide Football Club and an image.

Chiwigi may be right that they may test the waters with it, but I can't see us adopting 1 across 2 teams permanently.
Unless we are planing to fully exit the SANFL.

Chiwigi may be right that they may test the waters with it, but I can't see us adopting 1 across 2 teams permanently.
The 'significant moment' and 'one again' tells me that they want to keep it, but they have the opt out if people hate it.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Damn exciting I think. Great opportunity on a number of levels.

I might regret this and I am not exactly loving recent decisions but I am going to back the club on this one. Lots of people with a lot of love for the club and what it means I think involved in some of this planning. We generally have done this sort of thing reasonably well (even during the the shiteshow moments).

Unlike recent decisions I think this will be consulted (discretely) out the wazoo as it is what some at the club might see as their enduring legacy.

Damn exciting I think. Great opportunity on a number of levels.

I might regret this and I am not exactly loving recent decisions but I am going to back the club on this one. Lots of people with a lot of love for the club and what it means I think involved in some of this planning. We generally have done this sort of thing reasonably well (even during the the shiteshow moments).

Unlike recent decisions I think this will be consulted (discretely) out the wazoo as it is what some at the club might see as their enduring legacy.

I think the logo has already been done mate.

The lighthouse.
I like it.

Lots of words can be written about the importance of the lighthouse to a community, just like the club is.

Back