Prediction New Club Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not expecting much if it's just going to be a commemorative logo, but hopefully they make an effort with it and give us a real alternative. I don't have any enormous dislike of the current logo but the fistbolt is a bit tired. We really do need to sort out our identity moving forward first. No point having a lot of teal in a logo if we're going to bring back the bars.

I love the idea of incorporating the lighthouse. I made this a few years back for a competition on the FJGD board, i'd do the lighthouse better and use "Port Adelaide" instead of "Ports" if I was doing it today, but the basic premise is there:

1558018635713.png

Wouldn’t it be nice if it was Simple as Port Adelaide - PA - 1870 as the “Brand” then Teal for the Firsts, Silver for the Reserves, Red for the Indiginous programs and Pink for the eventual Women’s teams?
That's how I see it too.

This whole thing is bullshit.

One club - two teams.
Each team has a logo.

The SANFL team is the bloody magpies and the logo is the magpie. See that picture in my avatar, that's it.

The AFL team has kept one logo since 1997. Its the one thing we have not changed. And it has the prison bars on it. I bloody well like it as it is.

If we are changing our logo its only because Eddie has told us to remove the magpie and we have said, yes sir how high sir.

You want to change our logo - then try coming to my house and taking the magpies memorabilia off my wall, I bloody well dare you to.

New logo, what a crock of s**t.

Magpie logo on the left, Power logo on the right and "PAFC Est. 1870 - 150 years" in the middle, that's the only thing I'll accept.

Had a gutful of this vic-bullied generational change wrapped up as a 150th celebration.

Last edited:
If this is for next year and a celebration of our 170 year existence then surely there has to be some acknowledgement of the PB guernsey and the Magpie? If on the other hand it is a attempt to re badge the Power then you may be right. Once again Members get * all information.

The current logo acknowledges our past because it has black and white vertical stripes on it and I see nothing wrong with that. With some slight juggling you could even work a horizontal white bar across the top of the verticals thus having the PB design.

If you change things for the sake of change you dispense with tradition and run the risk of becoming just another football club.

I have always had this idea in my head as a favourite, partly because i think it is the best way to blend the old and the new (teal and lightning bolt motifs) without it feeling forced or tacky.

Anyone who looks at it instantly knows the story of our club and the bars

Seriously good:thumbsu:

If and when you get a moment what would your logo look like without the external circle. Just interested as the HKFC logo has always appealed. Many thanks.

1558046309876.png

anyone else legitimately worried about this. could go **** up quite easily!
DC United just changed its logo recently. I was terrified. The result was great, though.

Still, here I am terrified again. It is way easier to miss than to get it right...

DC United just changed its logo recently. I was terrified. The result was great, though.

Still, here I am terrified again. It is way easier to miss than to get it right...

Don't fear, we are currently rocking one of the most benign logos in world sport that represents nothing more than a long resolved identity crisis. As long as it is more Port, less Power, then nothing can be worse than the current abomination.

Also worth noting that we are one of only 3 or 4 clubs that haven't changed their logo since we entered the comp in 1997, this is well and truly overdue!!

This whole thing is ********.

One club - two teams.
Each team has a logo.

The SANFL team is the bloody magpies and the logo is the magpie. See that picture in my avatar, that's it.

The AFL team has kept one logo since 1997. Its the one thing we have not changed. And it has the prison bars on it. I bloody well like it as it is.

If we are changing our logo its only because Eddie has told us to remove the magpie and we have said, yes sir how high sir.

You want to change our logo - then try coming to my house and taking the magpies memorabilia off my wall, I bloody well dare you to.

New logo, what a crock of ****.

Magpie logo on the left, Power logo on the right and "PAFC Est. 1870 - 150 years" in the middle, that's the only thing I'll accept.

Had a gutful of this vic-bullied generational change wrapped up as a 150th celebration.

i think in 5 years time there will be a national reserves competition (in its infancy) and it will have the Port Adelaide Football Club, perhaps even an inaugural club, but it'll be our reserves as we know the AFL division to be and not nicknamed the Magpies in wharf pylons. i think moves like having 1 badge for all divisions of the club moves us towards this world. you could call it bowing down to VFL overlords but we did fight to join their association. i feel this regime will happily drop the Magpies stuff for the reserves comp. moving the jumper to an AFL heritage jumper once a year and those kinds of things. the Magpies badge might die out? (i know KT and co. have said the badge is a one off thing but we'll see)

it's a shame some of the top tier ideas we've seen here won't be looked at by the club or the agencies they're working with. the diamond posted here is top of the lot. you'd hope the agency isn't full of old timers as disconnected to us as Koch who pull 3 terrible designs out at the club "has" to choose one..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t it be nice if it was Simple as Port Adelaide - PA - 1870 as the “Brand” then Teal for the Firsts, Silver for the Reserves, Red for the Indiginous programs and Pink for the eventual Women’s teams?

The girls can wear the same colours as the guys. Putting them in pink would be terribly poor imo.

This whole thing is ********.

One club - two teams.
Each team has a logo.

New logo, what a crock of ****.

So when we start an AFLW team, they should have a different logo too?

The Magpies are s**t, not even a rotting carcass of what they used to be. And even crowd numbers are down and continuing to decline.

So when we start an AFLW team, they should have a different logo too?

The Magpies are ****, not even a rotting carcass of what they used to be. And even crowd numbers are down and continuing to decline.

When the AFL Reserves comp finally takes off they probably won’t even exist anymore. All the more reason to get the Prison Bars into the AFL so that they don’t end up in a glass box.

The girls can wear the same colours as the guys. Putting them in pink would be terribly poor imo.
A light teal and a dark teal.

There's nothing wrong with them having a unique version of the identity.

A light teal and a dark teal.

There's nothing wrong with them having a unique version of the identity.

Didn't say there was mate but every AFLW team wears the same colours as the AFL side, just a slight variation of design. Sticking them in pink because reasons would be a bad look.

Didn't say there was mate but every AFLW team wears the same colours as the AFL side, just a slight variation of design. Sticking them in pink because reasons would be a bad look.

I think he meant simply changing out the teal stripe for pink (like the dockers). The designs are nothing like the mens on the whole really. Crows are a ptime example.

The big difference is that we've actually worn pink!!

Even the baby blue of the 150th guernsey would work well as a teal replacement for the women's team.

I'd be more worried that they'd be wearing black in the heat.

I think he meant simply changing out the teal stripe for pink (like the dockers). The designs are nothing like the mens on the whole really. Crows are a ptime example.

I know what he meant but we'd the only team adding pink because girls.

**** Pirates. Just so I don’t have to see Jarrod Walsh dressed up acting like one and saying “Arrrrrr me hearties, fellow pirate fans, raise those scarves and bellow out NTUA”

I know what he meant but we'd the only team adding pink because girls.

We have also had a pink guernsey in our past. It's more ridiculous to NOT use pink 'because girls'.

1558058557304.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back