Prediction New Club Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Grêmio's first colors were brown and blue, RussellEbertHandball :
images

Pooh brown is a tough marketing colour in more modern times. Its an old colour from when times were more simpler and life had less options. SANFL (when it was SAFA/SAFL in 1907 name change)

Pooh brown is a tough marketing colour in more modern times. Its an old colour from when times were more simpler and life had less options. SANFL (when it was SAFA/SAFL in 1907 name change)

View attachment 740542

The crows have a jumper that is close to that 1930 jumper. Bloody self-righteous copycat knobs. If only Collingwood had not seen the 1899 jumper. Bloody sanfl.

See post above re White Sox

Baseball does sports branding particularly well. They get the balance right between traditional nostalgia and merch-able graphics that create team/club brands that are easily identifiable.

I think the San Antonio Spurs branding is also pretty good. Great use of black and silver and a unique name/icon symbol.

Yes the Spurs logo works well.

The crows have a jumper that is close to that 1930 jumper. Bloody self-righteous copycat knobs. If only Collingwood had not seen the 1899 jumper. Bloody sanfl.
They saw the 1891 jumper and that's where they got the idea when they split away from the Brittania FC in 1892.

Hadn't seen that before. Nice example of using a local architectural feature in the branding without it being too twee.

Fairly tight execution too.

What's the story with the skull and cross bones? Is that a fan thing? Or is it something different?

Love this extension of the brand image using a gaff tape style font.

St-Pauli-2015-16-FNTDet.jpg
stpaulifont-02.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hadn't seen that before. Nice example of using a local architectural feature in the branding without it being too twee.

Fairly tight execution too.

What's the story with the skull and cross bones? Is that a fan thing? Or is it something different?

Love this extension of the brand image using a gaff tape style font.

View attachment 740851
View attachment 740853
The skull and crossbones are a part of Hamburg culture and pirate history.
The fans adopted it as the club is an anarcho/leftist leaning club and as a counter to much of the right wing imagery used at other German clubs.

I’m no design genius but I really prefer simple.
Light houses, pirate ships, Zeus etc to me all look like we’re trying too hard. Monogram or Dylan’s design look good to me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree

Light houses too phallic
Poo pirates too easy to give s**t to
Zeus has no connection to our branding

Simple is best

Zeus has no connection to our branding

Agreed, but holly f**k do I hate the current incarnation of Thunda! Btw, I certainly wasn't suggesting that we use/adopt the word 'Zeus' in our branding/logo, just the image/iconography.

Look, I'm all for a monogram logo. However, people are foolish to think that appealing to children isn't important. Thus, we will still need to maintain a mascot.

I would argue that 'Thunda' in the image of the Greek god (with all the accoutrement), is vastly superior to the current Dean Brogan caricature dressed in a black/teal/silver gimp suit. Mythology is a dominant force in today's pop-culture.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back