New co-captains announced for 2024: Allen & Duggan

Remove this Banner Ad

Oscar Allen and Liam Duggan announced as co-captains for 2024!

Good call.

Liam Duggan, another failed Victorian draftee. Stick to WA kids FFS.

Oh god in a club lacking leadership with shuey and Hurn retirement we add more confusion by adding co captain's whom will people look up to and look for as their captain.

In a young squad you need someone to rule with iron fist.

Let's hope this is temporary.

Last edited:
Explanation of the decision from the club statement

“The sentiment from the range of people, including their peers, was that little separated them.

“We also believe they complement each other with their different skill sets and styles so it makes sense for them to work alongside each other.

I can accept that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's my sentiment too.

As much as I don't like co-captains, Judd & Cousins were basically co-captains for our 2006 premiership.

Kemp and Cousins before them

Looks like Worsfold and McKenna were co-captains in 1998?

Also LOL at random260 melting so hard over this 😂

Feels like a move done with the intention of giving it to Oscar solo in a year or two so just give it Oscar now?

Yeh thought the same thing but actually don't mind it. I feel like Duggo doesn't play much past 30 with his dodgy knee, by then Oscar is 27-28 and gets a good 3-4 year solo run at it as we (hopefully) climb the ladder.

I get the feeling that we're hedging our bets.

They want Allen as captain but view him as maybe a year or two too early (games played/age), and so they took an older player with leadership to lead/teach/backup until then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back