New co-captains announced for 2024: Allen & Duggan

Remove this Banner Ad

When we win the premiership, two captains go up?

I know it’s a trend but I am not convinced of the benefit.

Warming seat up for Harley anyway.

When we win the premiership, two captains go up?

I know it’s a trend but I am not convinced of the benefit.

Warming seat up for Harley anyway.
They pick one captain for the day. Like how Hall was captain in 2005 when they won, but Kirk was captain in 2006 when we took revenge.

Gotta day given we have had an absolute torrid time the last couple of seasons. The playing group is seemingly very United to the cause you’ve got older players that set great examples as people to follow and a young core that is desperate to impress and drag us back to finals. Not sure when wether if it’s 1-3 years but I’m very confident the next generation of eagles will have excellent attitude and drive to bring success back

Should have always been Duggo as sole skip

Must be hurting Allen twice as much that he can’t be out there but he’s the half of the captain that’s injured
Think Duggo got shared captaincy partly due to Oscar just bot being quiet ready to be captain just yet with just over 50 games of experience and finally settling into his talent.

Don’t mind Duggo as he’s tough and gives it his all. Last few weeks have been decent but his poor decision making and bad footskills really hurt us. For me a skipper doesn’t have to be an elite player but has to be reliable. His poor use by foot makes him so unreliable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing what having time and players running and open for you to hit does.
Things why I’ve always thought it was hard to appraise Rotham properly. In a well oiled machine he could be a really handy player but he’s not someone you want in the backline when things aren’t functioning well.

Think Duggo got shared captaincy partly due to Oscar just bot being quiet ready to be captain just yet with just over 50 games of experience and finally settling into his talent.

Don’t mind Duggo as he’s tough and gives it his all. Last few weeks have been decent but his poor decision making and bad footskills really hurt us. For me a skipper doesn’t have to be an elite player but has to be reliable. His poor use by foot makes him so unreliable

Therefore it should have been Duggo straight up.

Captains don’t have to be young or have long tenures and I feel we jumped at making Allen captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back