New coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching Melbourne play - what is the +- for weeks until Goodwin is appointed at Adelaide?

4 weeks?

This is my greatest fear about the changes for our coaching panel next year. Melbourne sack Goodwin and Roo parachutes him into our coaching dept, undoing any good that might come from releasing Hart. I just hope that reduction in football dept soft caps and the general financial predicament facing all clubs mean that Melbourne can't afford to pay out his contract for next 2 years so they have to keep him.

This is my greatest fear about the changes for our coaching panel next year. Melbourne sack Goodwin and Roo parachutes him into our coaching dept, undoing any good that might come from releasing Hart. I just hope that reduction in football dept soft caps and the general financial predicament facing all clubs mean that Melbourne can't afford to pay out his contract for next 2 years so they have to keep him.
They won't be able to afford it, and I also suspect given they've gone with AFL financial assistance there will be some kind of rule

I think he would be a handy assistant ala Alan Richardson and Brendan Bolton, just illequipped to be a head coach

But he can do that somewhere else, not the AFC

Not sure where to post this, but definitely feel like this applies to us as a club. This is from a highly respected NBA analyst;

Great stuff from
@realStanVG
on culture: "Culture comes from your best players. Do your best players feel like they are entitled to special treatment? Or do they feel like being the best players means they have to take on more responsibility? That's what determines your culture."

I suspect our 'leaders' have always expected special treatment - reward in contracts, guaranteed selection regardless of performance etc...

I think the quote is spot on and applies in all situations and teams.

Not sure where to post this, but definitely feel like this applies to us as a club. This is from a highly respected NBA analyst;

Great stuff from
@realStanVG
on culture: "Culture comes from your best players. Do your best players feel like they are entitled to special treatment? Or do they feel like being the best players means they have to take on more responsibility? That's what determines your culture."

I suspect our 'leaders' have always expected special treatment - reward in contracts, guaranteed selection regardless of performance etc...

And you can see this in how Richmond's leaders have carried on this year, and the resultant problems

Wow, Derwayne just asked Mark Williams if he would be an assistant at Adelaide...I was expecting a GAGF, but he responded with a never say never, I really enjoy teaching and want to be in the industry....watch this space.

Wow, Derwayne just asked Mark Williams if he would be an assistant at Adelaide...I was expecting a GAGF, but he responded with a never say never, I really enjoy teaching and want to be in the industry....watch this space.
Would love to have him mentor some of our players.

He sorted Dusty out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Would love to have him mentor some of our players.

He sorted Dusty out.

Not as much as he says he did. Why did Richmond sack him otherwise?

ive said on here before about Williams begging for the Crows job at a SANFLgrand final lunch last year. Was a bit embarrassing if we’re honest.

ive said on here before about Williams begging for the Crows job at a SANFLgrand final lunch last year. Was a bit embarrassing if we’re honest.
I'll never forgive him for those claims about players being tied nude to trees.

A lot of ex Port people talking up Williams. He is desperate for a job in the industry. I'd be surprised if our club would consider him, not sure what he brings anymore but who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was footage at the end of the game in the coaches box, Nicks walks to one end to shake Goddens hand, Hart is coming from there and just brushes past Nicks.

Now the footage was about 10 secs after the siren so maybe Nicks and Hart have already shaken hands, or hopefully Hart has been told he’s gone and got the sulks.

Would be ok in a development/mentoring role for younger players but not as one of our assistant coaches. Just not sure if we can afford to have roles like that anymore with the soft cap reduction.

There was footage at the end of the game in the coaches box, Nicks walks to one end to shake Goddens hand, Hart is coming from there and just brushes past Nicks.

Now the footage was about 10 secs after the siren so maybe Nicks and Hart have already shaken hands, or hopefully Hart has been told he’s gone and got the sulks.
Maybe he has already checked out, hence the forward line starting to look better?!? :think::think:

I think they sacked him because his job was done.

Personally don't see Chocco as a long term coach. But get him in to fix things then out.

I think they sacked him because his job was done.

Personally don't see Chocco as a long term coach. But get him in to fix things then out.

I'd take him as a coaching director or something like that, I think he has a lot to offer about the philosophy and coaching techniques, and though his delivery is often 'agricultural', the message itself is important.

I saw that. I think the awkwardness is due to not knowing whether you can shake someone's hand or not in corona world. Its the same with the players not being sure whether to put the arms up when they sing the song.

I saw that. I think the awkwardness is due to not knowing whether you can shake someone's hand or not in corona world. Its the same with the players not being sure whether to put the arms up when they sing the song.
He brushed past him, there was no congratulatory or job well done feel about it.

Now that may have occurred earlier but it wasn’t captured.

He brushed past him, there was no congratulatory or job well done feel about it.

Now that may have occurred earlier but it wasn’t captured.
I noticed this .....yes I read the situation the same as yo, in fact Nicks brushed past Hart to congratulate another box member

Great stuff from
@realStanVG

I have always thought our ;leaders (aside from Tex) talk a lot about football being a business, having to look out for what is best for your family etc. More so than you hear coming out of other clubs. Starting particulalrly with Tipper, Danger, Sloane and im sure others. That culture is a huge part of our retention issues

Sounds like something Chocco would say to keep himself appearing relevant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back