New coaches

There was footage at the end of the game in the coaches box, Nicks walks to one end to shake Goddens hand, Hart is coming from there and just brushes past Nicks.

Now the footage was about 10 secs after the siren so maybe Nicks and Hart have already shaken hands, or hopefully Hart has been told he’s gone and got the sulks.
Great footballer not so great coach.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I have always thought our ;leaders (aside from Tex) talk a lot about football being a business, having to look out for what is best for your family etc. More so than you hear coming out of other clubs. Starting particulalrly with Tipper, Danger, Sloane and im sure others. That culture is a huge part of our retention issues
I actually think this started under Neil Craig. He decided that football was 'professional' and as such they should treat it like a 9-5 job. He wanted and rewarded guys who showed up everyday, did their bit and were professional. He forgot that football is about passion and that embracing this can lead to better performance.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
There was footage at the end of the game in the coaches box, Nicks walks to one end to shake Goddens hand, Hart is coming from there and just brushes past Nicks.

Now the footage was about 10 secs after the siren so maybe Nicks and Hart have already shaken hands, or hopefully Hart has been told he’s gone and got the sulks.

Hart would have been told when Mattner was.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Nick's wasn't interested in shaking Hart's hand. Once Hart realises he's not interested he walks past him and pats him on the shoulder. Nick's didn't even acknowledge Hart with eye contact. His body language communicates he doesn't rate or value him. He will be gone end of season which is a positive. He seems to value Godden though. Maybe he may keep him. Time will tell.

Kezza86

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another win on the board. Crows won clearances 32-30 along with centre clearances. How does everyone think the coaches are going now?

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another win on the board. Crows won clearances 32-30 along with centre clearances. How does everyone think the coaches are going now?
This is the huge unknown for me of where to judge all of this.

We've still got largely the same midfield group that had us rolling in 2017 and also sucking for the past few seasons. Laird has been thrown in which I do think has helped but both the Crouch brothers are playing better footy than they were earlier in the year (Brad was doing alright early, more injury).

Getting better sync with ROB? Coaching change? Fitness starting to build more? Weaker opposition? Something else?

I really don't know what to make of it all but based off the past few weeks, no reason why we can't start to rebound/hard to see it taking us 5 years for the 'rebuild' to be complete.

Better, but I'm still more than happy to move on a lot of them. Depends on who replaces them though. For instance, I've really warmed to the idea of replacing Godden for Van Berlo due to Van Berlo coaching West Coast for the last couple of years.

Same deal with Reilly. If we can get someone better, do it, but I mean he has certainly shown he's capable.

Hart definitely needs to be replaced though.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Better, but I'm still more than happy to move on a lot of them. Depends on who replaces them though. For instance, I've really warmed to the idea of replacing Godden for Van Berlo due to Van Berlo coaching West Coast for the last couple of years.

Same deal with Reilly. If we can get someone better, do it, but I mean he has certainly shown he's capable.

Hart definitely needs to be replaced though.
Wouldn’t mind keeping Godden and Reilly in development roles

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good call. I've been as critical of Godden and Clarke as anyone, but itbseems to have coincided with Laird and Schoenberg going in and Keays and Smith out.

We have some movement now, which is making a huge difference

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is the huge unknown for me of where to judge all of this.

We've still got largely the same midfield group that had us rolling in 2017 and also sucking for the past few seasons. Laird has been thrown in which I do think has helped but both the Crouch brothers are playing better footy than they were earlier in the year (Brad was doing alright early, more injury).

Getting better sync with ROB? Coaching change? Fitness starting to build more? Weaker opposition? Something else?

I really don't know what to make of it all but based off the past few weeks, no reason why we can't start to rebound/hard to see it taking us 5 years for the 'rebuild' to be complete.
Largely the same midfield group as 2017?

Other than Crouches and Sloane (who is playing mostly outside), who else is there?

Douglas
Greenwood
Jacobs
Atkins
Seedsman
CEY
Knight

Kezza86

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good call. I've been as critical of Godden and Clarke as anyone, but itbseems to have coincided with Laird and Schoenberg going in and Keays and Smith out.

We have some movement now, which is making a huge difference
I think Godden will be around again next year but not as midfield coach. Maybe forward or opposition analyst. He seems to have a good working relationship with Nicks. Not expecting much change in the coaching panel.

Back