New coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Balme's impact be hampered by the board and people like Roo?

Could see us spitting him out in under a year like Josh Francou
I don't think so, Balme commands more respect than probably anyone currently in the game. If he does come he'll be doing what he wants, and he will tell them that.

Would Balme's impact be hampered by the board and people like Roo?

Could see us spitting him out in under a year like Josh Francou
Balme would likely drop kick them out of the club. Doesn't seem to suffer fools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hoping for some positive news on this front coming through soon.

I want Balme. He can have whatever role he wants.
I want experienced assistants, preferably with Hawks or Richmond experience.
I want genuine development coaches.
I want real fitness coaches.

If we get it right, there will be a quick bounce. If we don't, we will struggle to make moves up the ladder.

Surely Kelly's not out of a job after one year

What other role could Balme take over? Possibly just an advisory role?

Is Balme taking over from Chapman? Is that the role he's been lined up for? I haven't been following this one at all.
No it would be a paid role. Overseeing Kelly and the coaches i think. Call it what you want. Director of Coaching, Senior Football Advisor. Anything.

Every club not playing finals has already delisted players and sacked coaches, were still deciding how to spin the narrative..
Garbage, they're waiting until after the B&F, later this week. Even then, we'll only see a handful of delistings - more will follow after the end of trade week. This is a pattern the club has used for years.

No it would be a paid role. Overseeing Kelly and the coaches i think. Call it what you want. Director of Coaching, Senior Football Advisor. Anything.
I'm stealing it from someone else, but it's called the "Neil Balme role"

So it was Micheal Aish who said on 5aa this morning that Balme is a high chance of happening along with possibly Burns, I'm starting to believe.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back