News New contracts for Ebert and Hombsch

Remove this Banner Ad

Ebo, Hombsch, Billy and SPP re-signing over the last 48 hours... it's like the "five days of Christmas" from a few years ago, only for my birthday, which is tomorrow. So I'm looking out for another big signing announcement tomorrow... who do ya reckon, kids?

Would have thought 2 year's was a perfectly normal extension for Hombsch. Great news.

I've no doubt Pittard will sign and soon. I am worried about Jacko, we are playing him out of position and that could be detrimental to his career long term.

Hope not...hope Cripps and Davies find out what we can get for him before we make a decision on him.

Ebo, Hombsch, Billy and SPP re-signing over the last 48 hours... it's like the "five days of Christmas" from a few years ago, only for my birthday, which is tomorrow. So I'm looking out for another big signing announcement tomorrow... who do ya reckon, kids?

Happy Trengove! :balloon: :D

As a free agent maybe not so much. No one's paying big money.

Really? Are you sure on this? I dont think we should be jumping the gun just yet. Lots of money out there with clubs that dont have much in the way of draft picks....hence the attraction of free agency.

And Jasper, through all the pain of developing his attacking game has now turned into the average hbfer that doesnt give us the drive and dare I thought he would turn into. Definitely expendable to us, definitely attractive to some other teams.

How good must it be turning up for work every day if you're Brad Ebert? Future secured at your family club and the only club you ever wanted to play for, and playing the best football of your life. Living the dream.

I dunno, that not-offer from the Brisbane Lions must've been tempting.

Really? Are you sure on this? I dont think we should be jumping the gun just yet. Lots of money out there with clubs that dont have much in the way of draft picks....hence the attraction of free agency.

And Jasper, through all the pain of developing his attacking game has now turned into the average hbfer that doesnt give us the drive and dare I thought he would turn into. Definitely expendable to us, definitely attractive to some other teams.

Other clubs see the same things we do. Plus Jasper is happy here.

Contract length isn't all on the clubs side, if Hombsch puts together a full season he could be AA and double his pay. Equally safe decision by port re:injuries. Mutually a good deal.

Ebert was a formality and hopefully we haven't overpayed for a strong B+ midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope not...hope Cripps and Davies find out what we can get for him before we make a decision on him.

Why would you want to trade Pittard?

He gels well with the team, loves the club, and is one of the best in the league in his position on his day.
He was the only Port player in the 40-man AA squad last year.

All players go through a rough patch of form which Jasper is experiencing now.
He is first 22 and at least 5 years of his career left.

These are not the sort of players you look to trade imo

Great signings. Obvious signings.

Next I think HH extends.

Hoff and Houston next up.

I want Tom Clurey as the next signing, but it will take some time to add the 00's and book deal to his contract.

Then Dougs should be pretty simples.

Last edited:

He gels well with the team, loves the club, and is one of the best in the league in his position on his day.

Personally, I havent liked glimpses of what I have seen from Jasper since about mid last year. The final straw for me was last year at AO when the Dees did us in. Saw very poor body language and arguing with teammates. I havent seen any of his trademark dare and run for nearly 12 months now. Other than the odd glimpse. Heck, dont even see the typical Jasper brainfart anymore as he rarely ever takes it on.

And now this year, his form has stagnated at best.

He turns 27 in 6 months and with our proven track record of wearing out our players by 30, he probably has 3 years of top flight footy left. If he gets out of this form slump he is in.

At the very least, as a club I'd want Cripps and Davies to see what's out there for him. If as someone posted on our board, he has been offered 600K for 5 years, that would probably net us a reasonable compo return for a player who's position can be easily covered, especially in the current form he's in.

If Jasper stays and he captures the form, the run and dare that made him a weapon for our side, great. But there is absolutely no reason why we shouldnt look at the possibility of moving him on for a decent return.

Great signings. Obvious signings.

Next I think HH extends.

Hoff and Houston next up.

I want Tom Clurey as the next signing, but it will take some time to add the 00's and book deal to his contract.

Then Dougs should be pretty simples.

Hamish Hartlett? Serious? He's already contracted thru to the end of the century (I might be exaggerating just a fraction) and barely holding his spot - why would we extend?

Jasper has already gone imo. He looks like he has been saving himself for his new club this year. I guess that might make his departure easier until he plays a blinder against us next year

Or we could stop at 4 days of Christmas for my birthday, which is today :D

Would hope 2 year extension if he is happy here, anymore too long

Tom Clurey please.

Press conference from the boys

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-28_18-2-52.png
    upload_2017-6-28_18-2-52.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back