List Mgmt. New deals for Markov and Astbury

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with this. I reckon that Brisbane sacking Leppa works in our favour for Astbury

How good marcov next year

An absolute disgrace that we could give such a long term underachiever a three yr deal on the back of a handful of decent games.
Yep more of the same at the RFC THINGS JUST NEVER IMPROVE OR CHANGE.

The guy has been injured, he hasn't been an under achiever. He was leading our b & f last time he was fit and he is getting back to that form.

Some posters on here just want to pot the club no matter what they do. If he left at the end of the year we wouldn't have a KPD outside of Rance and you would be saying, we should have given Astbury a deal. I can't understand how people are not happy for him to get 3 years. It's not like we have signed him for $600k, I would guess it is closer to half of that. Not every player needs to be an absolute super star.

That is a big win for Astbury because 100% he had pretty much resigned himself to not getting a contract not very long ago and there was genuine outside interest.. Plays a couple of months of decent footy and gets 3 years! Big call from Richmond.

its par for the course now at the tigers..take a look at Hampson and his 2 year extension for 8 games in 3 years.

The guy has been injured, he hasn't been an under achiever. He was leading our b & f last time he was fit and he is getting back to that form.

Some posters on here just want to pot the club no matter what they do. If he left at the end of the year we wouldn't have a KPD outside of Rance and you would be saying, we should have given Astbury a deal. I can't understand how people are not happy for him to get 3 years. It's not like we have signed him for $600k, I would guess it is closer to half of that. Not every player needs to be an absolute super star.

i can assure you that those who have an issue with this 3 year extension would never say that in a million years. Unless the brains trust have kept his true form under wraps and know that what we have seen is nothing on what they know, 3 years is the most stupidist thing the club could have done.. I mean, why not 1 or 2? Like what were they worried about? Another club swooping on him and stealing him? Strange s**t from the club IMO

It's no wonder we are where we are when you have players like Astbury who are below average taking up an important role as you say.

He's a shocking player, one of the worst defenders I can remember. He has a turning circle of an oversized shipping container truck and shits the bed when pressure is turned up. So many unforced mistakes too. Skills are bad, poor decision making.

But around the club, what a lad. He's loved. He has leadership ability. The other boys love playing with good old Dave.

It's a joke our club.
The worst of it is the club think he is the answer and will do nothing to improve our kpd stocks.
Weather we rate this bloke or not there is a huge need to build our kpd stocks and significantly improve upon what we have out side of Rance of course.

lol i have on numerous occasions spoken about the dire need for kpps on our list not just kpps but quality ones.
The club needs potting when after 7 seasons all we have is two kpds on the list one a star and the other a battler who would be easily upgraded upon.
I suppose you think that is great list management.

Where have i said delist Astbury I am livid we have given a battler a three yr contract it is a common theme with this club handing out totally unneccesary contracts to blokes we should be aiming to upgrade on.
Astbury would make an adequate back up depth if injury hit us. I have actually stated this several times.Three years no thanks one year and they can get off their arses and actually go out and do something about the state of our talls.
The only tall players i think we can afford to lose is one or two of the many ruck/fwd types that we have Vickery, Griffiths, McBean, Chol, Elton how many of these battlers do we need ?

Finally i have not only criticised but given good reasons for the criticism. Simply put Astbury is a very ordinary and limited player with many weaknesses.if you cant see that is the case, it is not my problem. It smacks many supporters in the face.

I have also suggested FOR yrs on end kpd types we should go after. this yr alone i have suggested McKenzie and Corr to be added to Rance and yes Astbury.
I have also suggested we chase Tomlinson who is a promising kpf but could also be swung into defense.

So get off your high horse and actually go read what people are saying before getting all upset.

Gets it.

If dave is on a fairly cheap contract - traded off 3 years for lower $, then it makes sense. Guy is a good CHB. Sort of like people still trashing Hammer, and he is playing quite well now. Still3 years is a long time for such an injury history. But Astbury, Rance and Grtimes = nice structure. Add in Yarran, Houli, MacIntosh etc and we have a nice mix of size, defense and attack in the backline.

The one that really excites me is Oleg. I'd have gone more than one year. But if that is on top of his contract - Good. He has speed, skill and a good brain, works hard and seems a solid character. All things we desperately need.

I have been tiges fan for a long time, we have seen our fair share of shocking players, and Dave isn't one of them. Good soldier without being a star.

Our starting defence will be as good as anyone's next year but we do need to draft a young tall defender later this year. I'm generally excited about our best 22.

B Short Rance Markov
HB Grimes Astbury Yarran
C Mcintosh Cotchin Prestia
HF Lennon Vickery Martin
FF C Ellis Reiwoldt Lloyd
FOLL Hampson Cotchin Vlastuin
INT Miles Griffiths Menedue Drummond

Out: Chaplin, Mckenzie, Morris, Hunt, Soldo, Maric, Elton, Mcbean, A Moore
Trade: Conca, Deledio, Edwards, B Ellis
In: Prestia, Downie, mid, tall back, tall forward
Elevated: Chol, Marcon, Costagna, C Moore, Short
houli getting a gig somewhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There absolutely no need to give him three years.

Even if he was 'cheaper' that way, no one else wants him so for ffs pay him year by year cheaply. Same thing less committed no one was going to 'steal' him lol

He is slow and kinda s**t, and not to mention his knees are gonna blow out any minute. What is the upside? He is magically gonna come good in three years? Lol

Absolutely mind boggling. Imagine a team like Hawks giving him three year they would laugh at you.

still towelled up bruce who took 2 nice grabs but overall 9 touches and no goals v the ass berry 14 nice touches.

He was terrible in the first half, but so was the entire team. After half time he was much better

Dave is an okay player, who's best has shown to be very good. Did not deserve 3 years unless it was absolute minimum.

for those who watch games, what i see is that whoever is astburys match ups over the varying stages of a match, he always seems to able to put the jeanie back in the bottle and beat them, time and time again, pound for pound, inch for inch and nullify and minimise their effect, today was a perfect example of how he held bruce and co in check, too many see him because of his safe play and occasional misdemeanors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back