Biddiscombe.

Trade

Tivendale
King (if we're lucky)
Chaffey

Centre Square.

Ottens, Fiora, Coughlan, Rodan.

The Youth Policy

Remember Poyas and Pettifer ? Give 'em game time. Save Coburg for the worn-out's. Get a team up for next year.

Roan ... we're going to have major contract problems at the end of the year.

By accident or by design, just about all of the players we want to keep are up for contract renewal, and a stack of otherwise expendable players will still have at least one year to run. This will create big problems.

Blokes that should be put out to stud such as Bidders, Huddo, Sziller, Rogers, Cameron (yes ... Cameron - I swear, he's lost it) etc.. almost invariably have time to run on their contract.

Unless we can organise a big firesale of some kind, which is practically impossible in this day and age where EVERYBODY seems to be "pursuing a youth policy", the trouble is far from over ...

At least the Daffy millstone should be finally off from around our necks, but even that I'm not so sure about ...

Add knights to the Goodbye category, but take Chaffey off the Trade category. I think he's one of our best players. And surely something has to be done about Fiora's frame-- fantastic potential but I'm worried he's going to end up another David Bourke.... time to put on weight and start dictating young man, we've got enough blokes in the 7-17 possessions category.

Originally posted by Tigerblood
Add knights to the Goodbye category, but take Chaffey off the Trade category. I think he's one of our best players. And surely something has to be done about Fiora's frame-- fantastic potential but I'm worried he's going to end up another David Bourke.... time to put on weight and start dictating young man, we've got enough blokes in the 7-17 possessions category.
Chaffey rolled his ankle too so he did rather well this week
considering that.:)
Tiv needs a foot up the clacker though.:mad:

Originally posted by Tigerblood

I agree with keeping Chaffey - he has been one of the few consistent performers this year (currently 3rd in the BigFooty Richmond Board championship).

As for Fiora - he has put a bit on since first drafted and may surprise you as to how big he actually is. You may well find he is like a Dustin Fletcher who always looks skinny but has a big frame.

This was the gist of a comment made by Dr. Peter Larkins one night on MMM - that he was surprised when he saw Fiora close up because he is a lot bigger than he looks.

Cameron has groin problems and shouldnt be traded.
Andrew Kellaway is great trade bait. And if Frawley has got any balls and not listen to silly supporters who idiolise this unskilled hack he should delist Duncan. No point trading him because no one would want him.
If we finish on the bottom,(and its a reality) lets make a real tough descision and trade Richo. Weve had him for 10 years and done nothing. Lets see what we can get. He isnt getting any younger and has a failing body.
StKilda parted company with Lockett and 2 years later played in a GF. Lets do the same.
I reckon whats happened if the best thing that could happen to this club! Finally senior players are exposed for what they are:- DUDS. The club is finally paying the price for overating the list for years.
I just hope Frawley has the balls to not listen to our raving lunatic supporters who wallow in mediocrity. A prime example was the club being inundated with calls over the dropping of Knights. Good riddans to him, I hope he is not brought back as this is a backwards step.
King, Hudson, Sziller, Rodgers:- clear your lockers please.

For once i can mostly agree with Diggler.
We must have a total clearout of the dud's &let's all get the tigers
back to where we all know we should be . Up the top.
So if we have to have a few lean years so be it .
But we need a total cleanout desparatly:) :D :p

Originally posted by diggler
Cameron has groin problems and shouldnt be traded.
Andrew Kellaway is great trade bait. And if Frawley has got any balls and not listen to silly supporters who idiolise this unskilled hack he should delist Duncan. No point trading him because no one would want him.
If we finish on the bottom,(and its a reality) lets make a real tough descision and trade Richo. Weve had him for 10 years and done nothing. Lets see what we can get. He isnt getting any younger and has a failing body.
StKilda parted company with Lockett and 2 years later played in a GF. Lets do the same.
I reckon whats happened if the best thing that could happen to this club! Finally senior players are exposed for what they are:- DUDS. The club is finally paying the price for overating the list for years.
I just hope Frawley has the balls to not listen to our raving lunatic supporters who wallow in mediocrity. A prime example was the club being inundated with calls over the dropping of Knights. Good riddans to him, I hope he is not brought back as this is a backwards step.
King, Hudson, Sziller, Rodgers:- clear your lockers please.
trade richo? yeah good idea our fwd line has function so well without him let alone otto.why get rid of half of one thing that we have going for us and that is to lethal weapons in thefwd line.

get rid of duncan yep a pea brain idea why on earth get rid of the one player who actually dosent fear no one! despite his lack of skill by foot he more than makes up for that with courage.

as for knighter your remark of good riddens to him shows you have no respect for a player who has given our club great service.

i agree with rogers,sizzler.hudson etc.

i

As Walls said to Frawley on foxtel tonight, Richo has been deemed the next best thing for 10 years and time has nearly run out. We have all had crystal ball predictions on him for years, unfortunately his body is not getting younger. Trade him now, while he is worth something. Is he going to have ANOTHER big pre season and break down again?
As for Duncan, he has been back 5 games now and what were the results in those 5 games! If he plays midfield again next year, we will win the wooden spoon again.

Yep, its time for changes to happen. Actually, they should have started mid last year as the signs were there. Remember, thrashing by Essendon and Brisbane during the season and in the finals. Basically all the sides with a top midfield gave us trouble last year. And as our midfield started to wane further, so did our form this year.

Anyway, what now. Danny & the club need to act as change agents, that is make the necessary changes that will win a flag in five years. If Danny cannot drive the change than he should go as well. But we will give him opportunity to prove that he can make this happen and show that he has what it takes to position the club for success. A tough job indeed, but if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

So if we took the hard line and draw a line on who should go (trade or retire):
Sziller, Knights, Cameron, Duncan K., Biddiscombe, Hudson

In the grey zone (undecided):

King, Rogers, Vardy, Houlihan

Oh, and GIVE POYAS A GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Walls said to Frawley on foxtel tonight, Richo has been deemed the next best thing for 10 years and time has nearly run out. We have all had crystal ball predictions on him for years, unfortunately his body is not getting younger. Trade him now, while he is worth something. Is he going to have ANOTHER big pre season and break down again?
As for Duncan, he has been back 5 games now and what were the results in those 5 games! If he plays midfield again next year, we will win the wooden spoon again.
and its dk,s fault we lost those games hey?
why dont you have a go at the more skilled team mates like bowden,tivendale etc.?

and what would you want in return for richo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo...

Richo would win a Brownlow and a Coleman at Port....he would have a premiership medal at Brisbane and a Norm Smith at essendon.

The problem is the guys responsible for moving the ball around are either :
inconsistent - Knights, Rogers, Campbell, Hudson

insufficiently skilled - King , D.Kellaway, Sziller

poor under pressure - Biddiscombe

underachieving - Bowden, Tivendale, Houlihan, Mills.

which leaves : Torney, Chaffey, Hilton, Cameron

my money's on Coughlan, Rodan , Fiora, Zantuck, Poyas, Pettifer, Newman, Ednie, Dragga and Krakeour.

something to work with...

The players to watch
10:09:09 PM Mon 1 July, 2002
Kevin Sheehan
afl.com.au
Players to watch

After the opening weekend of the Under 18 National Championships, the following players are just some of the names to watch out for in the remainder of the carnival.

South Australia

Byron Schammer
Schammer was South Australia’s best player against Vic Metro, after starring with 22 possessions and kicking two goals. He looms as one of the most exciting players to watch out for come draft time.

Adam Cooney
Although not eligible for the draft this year, Cooney was a shining light for the Croweaters when he came onto the ground. He finished the match with 21 touches and chipped in with a goal.

Vic Country

Adam Fisher
Fisher was best-on-ground in the Vic Country’s comfortable victory over Western Australia, racking up 29 possessions and nine hard-ball gets. Continually banged the ball inside 50 and also booted a goal.

Brendon Goddard
One of the hottest prospects in the championships, Goddard will be a highly sought youngster come November. He started the carnival in good form, notching up 19 disposals, while showing his class.

Ryley Dunn
Dunn played an important role on West Australian gun Daniel Wells – one of the most promising youngsters in the country – while he also booted two goals and created several opportunities for himself and teammates alike.

Vic Metro

Paul Johnson
Showed terrific skill, agility and determination for a player of his size (197cm/94kg) and impressed many with his work around the ground. Johnson notched up 15 possessions and showed plenty to like about his game.

Steven Salopek
Salopek was outstanding for Vic Metro with 25 touches, as he provided great drive out of the middle. He also took eight marks and gathered seven hard-ball gets, in a display that would have boosted his already considerable rating even further.

Cameron Croad
Croad showed considerable talent up forward with five goals – all coming at crucial stages of the match – including two in succession to give the Vic Metro side victory. His deadly accurate kicking for goal was also a feature of his game.

Western Australia

Mark Constantine
Constantine was one of Western Australia’s better players in an otherwise disappointing performance from the Sandgropers. A 193cm tall, Constantine rebounded well out of defence and stuck to his task in difficult circumstances.

NSW/ACT

Bo Nixon
Nixon was a shining light in the first half, kicking three goals for NSW/ACT – including two in the second quarter. He was one of his side’s better players in a disappointing performance that yielded just five goals for the day from NSW/ACT.

Northern Territory

Anthony Corrie
Put in a superb performance with a Gavin Wanganeen-like performance across half-back for the Northern Territory. Corrie finished with 29 possessions and seven marks, while he capped off his classy game with two silky-skilled goals. One to watch.

Raphael Clarke
The highly-rated Clarke displayed his classy skills on numerous occasions and was right up there as one of his side’s best. Clarke gathered 19 touches, took five marks and also kicked three goals playing up forward and in the midfield.

Queensland

Paul Shelton

The Queensland midfielder put in a fine display against Tasmania and was right up there for best-on-ground honours with 25 disposals (including 17 kicks and eight handballs). Shelton is the Queensland captain in the championships.

Tasmania

Jason Laycock
One of Tasmania’s most promising prospects, standing at 195cm, Laycock showed glimpses of his talent in the Apple Isle’s first match. However, it was a disappointing showing from the Tasmanians in their first match against Queensland.

Luke Shackleton
The Tasmanian captain worked tirelessly in his side’s first outing against Queensland, notching up 18 possessions and six marks. Shackleton has also played several games for Tasmania in the VFL side this season.

In exchange for Richo, 3 picks out of the first 20. Also, I would actually like to see Richo play in a side we a half descent midfield. He deserves it, after 10 years of bending, stretching and freezing!

In exchange for Richo, 3 picks out of the first 20.

while that wold be nice...to have those selections picks...we would be left in a position : wondering who the hell to kick it to !

Our list structure is divided into 4 types :

Talls - ................9 (190 cms + ) ie : Richo
Big Mediums - ...12 (185 - 189) ie : Bowden
Mediums - .........8 ( 180 -184 ) ie : Poyas
Smalls - .............8 ( 179 and under ) ie : Knights

The sziller, King, Hudson, Biddiscombe , Rogers types look the most expendable (and replaceable) to me...try replacing Richo !

What worries me is that by the time we round up a midfield...Richo will be in a retirement village.

Still Maybe we'll draft Wells, Goddard and Davey...
although Wells seems a little light at 69 kgs.

Exactly. By the time we have redeveloped a half descent midfield, Richo will be pushing 30. Cut him loose now. He is unlikely to fulfil his true potential at our club, if at all. I have the most respect for him, but I just cant seeing him ever being always fit. A bit like Brereton, his body was cactus at 28.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back