Competitions New Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Ripped straight from the Adelaide board thanks deaneus

Have a look. Tell me if you're interested.

Rules:
- Pick 26 min -30 max players each, snake order draft style;
- 2hr limit (given the extra 2 players this year) to make your pick is more than fair, between 8am-8pm Mond-Frid, 10am-6pm Sat-Sun no time limit outside these hours;
- Start date ;
- Tag the next bloke;
- If you go over your time limit, we move on but you can come back and pick at anytime;
- Can trade draft positions before the draft with anyone;
- Can trade draft picks and players at anytime during the draft, but once the draft is done, no trading of players will be allowed.
- You can post a message for example (like an ad) where you let everyone know what youre after, but negotiations must take place between people in PM, not in the thread. Once an agreement for a trade has been agreed, PM Me and let me know of the deal, and I will update everyone with a post and all trades will be also be posted in the OP, so keep a regular look at it).

- End of season winner will be based on Scorpus 's complicated formula:
  • Games Played: 1 point per game
  • Brownlow Medal: 20 points for 1st place, 15 points for 2nd place, 13 points for 3rd place down to 1 point for 15th place
  • All Australian: 15 points for team, 5 points for squad
  • Coleman Medal: 15 points for 1st place, down to 1 point for 15th place in the goal kicking list
  • Club B&F: 10 points for 1st place, down to 1 point for 10th place
  • AFL Player Ratings: 10 points for 1st ranking at the player's club, down to 0 points for 30th ranking
  • AFLCA Coaches Award: 10 points for 1st place, down to 1 point for 10th place
  • Norm Smith Medal: 10 points
  • Rising Star: 10 points for 1st, 7 points for 2nd, 5 points for 3rd
  • 22under22: 5 points for team
  • Premiership Player: 5 points for each

• Every player drafted accrues points in full, up until a maximum of 484 games (22 players x 22 games) are played across your squad.
  • If your squad plays more than 484 games in total, the score for your lowest scoring players will not be counted proportional to how many games over the 484 limit your squad is
  • For example if your squad plays 490 games, and your lowest scoring player plays 10 games, 6/10 games will not count for that player, so only 40% of their score will be added to your total
  • Your team of 22 must include a minimum of 6 forwards, 6 defenders, and 6 midfielders.
  • Your team of 22 must have at least 2 rucks. Each ruck must average at least 2 hitouts per match to qualify.
  • Your team of 22 must have at least 2 key position forwards and at least 2 key position defenders.
  • Your emergency list must contain at least 1 defender and at least 1 forward.
  • All positions except for second ruck to be defined by the AFL Player Ratings System

• (Positional requirements are only to stop people 'cheating' by selecting an entire team of midfielders. I'm usually quite lenient on this aspect)
  • Failing to meet the positional requirements will result in 1/22th of your score being deducted for each required player that you fail to include in your squad.
  • For example if your best 22 only has 5 defenders, 4.5% of your final score will be deducted

Shameless plagiarism.

I like it.

In.

One thing boncer34 for both this and the other draft game - will we be taking a hiatus on Christmas Day, something like from 5pm 24th Dec - 9am 26th Dec?
This won't start till new year. Just gauging if there is interest in having it run.

Hoping someone like Lore who has mod powers might take an interest in it :p

Back