New e-mail from Matty Robran

Remove this Banner Ad

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok, did you all get the new e-mail, saying that Telstra and the AFL refused to allow the Crows to add a forum onto its website?

However, now they're promising a special members' only chat room to compensate. Sorry, guys, whoopee doo. The chat room didn't work last time, and I don't know whether it will work again. Unless they're planning to have Phil Harper on the other end? If that's the case, I'd be happy.

Where was the forum today, when I was shocked to hear on the radio that the Crows were one of four clubs sniffing round Carey to play here next year?????? I would have blasted cyber space about that scenario!!

chat room

Stevo for Club Champion in 2002

A bit dissapointing the AFL and Telstra won't allow the Crows to have a forum on the site. It was a terrific part of the site and I know many fans are upset that it has been removed. I am not a fan of the new site in general, it lacks the club feeling that the old site had. It is now just an extension of the AFL site. I don't think it is worth hassling the Crows over it as I am under the impression that it was not there choice to go with the current format. A members only chat room will be good, but I hope they have it at a better time than the 4-5pm on a thursday with Matt Robran. I work full time and am not able to participate at that time of the day so I am hoping that it will be open in the evenings.

As for Carey at the Crows.....no thanks. Not because of his current situation, which is disgraceful, but I just think a year out of the game and in his thirtys, he won't be much chop! I am not sure he will be welcome at to many clubs, he is tainted now, nobody would trust him within 20 metres of there wife/girlfriend. Not the first guy to go down that track and he won't be the last, but it is an almighty fall from grace!

go You Crows!!!!!

k
xx

Forum

Well I guess all we can do now is try to get as many of the old forum posters onto this site as possible. I wonder if Matty (who obviously has an Email addy for each of us) could mention this site in his next Email ? I know it has no official links to the club or AFL but it works and is what we as members want, it seems our best option at the moment with the main disadvantage being the open to all format. Next best option would be for everyone to send me a heap of money and I can start up the"unofficial" club site with a forum section :D

Daz.

P.S how did you guys get to select your own cool titles when I am stuck with "junior member" ?

Thanks but ....

Thanks Tredders but I looked there and still cannot see a field for this title thingy :confused:

Daz.

Thanks again ...

I did something really unusual for me and actually read the help file ?!?! it didn't help though cos it quoted :

"If the administrator has enabled custom status titles, then you can specify the text you want to display by editing your profile and entering the text you want in the Custom User Text field."

apparently it would seem the administrator?! hasn't enabled this tile thus preventing me having this field as an option :confused:

Oh well, I guess I will just have to concentrate on more important things like .... ummm ....... I know ..... THE FOOTY !! :D

Thanks again Tredders.

Let the games begin !
Carn the Crows
Daz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back