New Eagles Team Song??

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE2000

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2000
the pub
Personally, i don't dislike the eagles team song, but i don't think it is really inspiring. So i thought of a new song for the eagles (lyrics are below).

The theme music for the song is the Star Spangled Banner (a rather uninspiring midi can be found at http://www.azstarnet.com/~rgrogan/usa1.mid - most people have heard the song to a proper band, and it is a great song, i just added the midi link, so you can add the words to the music and see what you think)

Anyway, i named the song "Eagles Army" and here are the lyrics i came up with:

Eagles Army

We are the boys from the, West Coast of Australia
We will give it our all, and we will fight to the death
We will make our fans proud, and we'll win it for them
We will represent the, Eagles with all of our heart
When we're hurting with pain, We'll dig for extra strength
And we'll push for the, fans who represent us
we have the talent, and the West Coast Eagles have the heart
And we won't give up the fight, and we'll strive for victory

If you type in Stars Spangled Banner into Napster, you will a version with a proper band, which makes the words sounds much better. (make sure you include Stars not Star)

Anyway, what do you's think. Think the song is very good? need a few changes? or Just leave it as the current song?

Perhaps Land of Hope and Glory would be a more suitable tune at the moment. Or maybe we should just recite the Lords prayer. God knows we need some some help as well as Hope right now.

GO EAGLES.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh no. No changing the song, not on pain of death. The song changes, and I start serving knuckle sandwiches at a special dinner for those involved. It's bad enough that we dropped the verses.

This, for the forgetful, is how the song used to go:

For years they took the best of us
And claimed them for their own
But now we've got them back again
Our Eagles have come home.

Chorus:
We're the Eagles - West Coast Eagles
And we're here to show you why
We're the big birds, Kings of the big game
We're the Eagles, we're flying high.

For years we learned the lessons
And we learned them very well
Now we've added West Coast magic
And we'll give you merry hell.

[Chorus]

So watch out all you know-alls
All you wise men from the East
You'll get more than just a footy game
You'll get a West Coast Eagles feast.

[Chorus]

yeah, the old song was allright - its the copy i've got from Napster.

I don't see what the point of changing it from an allright song, to a pretty ordinary song was.

I always thought that the chorus was the worst bit of the song, and we should've kept the versus and dropped the chorus. Instead, they did the other way around.

But the problem with the song (both current and old) is that it wasn't all that inspiring. The background music wasn't that great - the lyrics were allright (in the versus), but the music was pretty ordinary IMO.

But in the chorus, the line "We're the big birds, king's of the big game" is a poor line in my book. Sound's really childish IMO.

But i thought we should change the background music to the inspriring US Anthem, as it is the best anthem after France's (but Adelaide and Brisbane already have that as bg music).

Whenever I hear the first few seconds of the (original) song I get a mental image of Chris Mainwaring jumping off the bench at the end of the 1992 GF

It doesn't matter whether the song is great or it is ordinary. It's our club's history - it was played at the end of our first win against Richmond, it was played (repeatedly) at the end of the 1992 and 1994 GFs, it was played at the end of the first Derby

Please change it back!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back