Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad he retired as a Pat. Seemed pretty clear he wasn't going to be retained
Would love him to stick around in a coaching capacity. Before Collins and Hightower, Mayo was the only playmaking LB the team had for about 5 seasons. It's a real shame we didn't get to see that trio healthy and on the field together for an extended time.

Would love him to stick around in a coaching capacity. Before Collins and Hightower, Mayo was the only playmaking LB the team had for about 5 seasons. It's a real shame we didn't get to see that trio healthy and on the field together for an extended time.
That would've been brutal

Could Chandler Jones be a trade option?

Seen this mooted a few times. For mine I'd back us in to retain them all. The organisation appears to be in a good place, DeflateGate is behind us and we should be a legitimate contender for the next 1-2 years. Our defence will be what keeps us competitive post-Brady, so I think it's important we keep these guys in NE

Le Fell and Chandler both been cut neither of which is any surprise.
Cannon and Le Blount will most likely be on the list to go, although Cannon may be kept on a drastically reduced contract as depth to the position.

Hopefully BB is wanting to give TB12 some better more effective offensive toys next season .

Amadola may well need to renegotiate his contract going forward .

Hope we a serious players for Matt Forte as he is just what we need at RB.

Injury prone nowdays. Matt Forte is the one I'd like the Patriots to pursue. Two RB system with Forte and Lewis coming out of the backfield thanks.

Wouldn't complain!

This has been on the cards for a while. I feel like we could possibly have got more value from moving Jones but still content with this move

Yes.. but I love him :(

Whilst Chandler was one of my favourite players I quite like the move as Cooper will help protect TB12 and it also allows us to sure up Collins, Butler and Hightower and all those three are very important signings going forward.

For me Collins is the priority signing going forward, closely followed by Butler.

Chandlers off field exploits, at the back of last season, didn't help his cause.

We now have an additional second rounder and it will be interesting to see what we do with that, or how we use it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst Chandler was one of my favourite players I quite like the move as Cooper will help protect TB12 and it also allows us to sure up Collins, Butler and Hightower and all those three are very important signings going forward.

For me Collins is the priority signing going forward, closely followed by Butler.

Chandlers off field exploits, at the back of last season, didn't help his cause.

We now have an additional second rounder and it will be interesting to see what we do with that, or how we use it.
Exactly. And if you look at Chandler's production over the last few years it declines later in the season. He has started years well but then fades.

Cooper was a first-round pick but he has had injury problems. Hopefully we can get him healthy and productive

Hopefully we can pick up another OL and use the addition second round pick on a running back!

Nooo we got rid of Chandler Jones :(
I like the trade a lot. The Pats have significant extensions that need to be tendered, they've drafted depth at DE, cleared salary cap space, acquired draft capital, and needed some help on the OL. If Cooper can rediscover his CFB form, he's without a doubt, a significant addition. Sheard's 2015 performance made Jones expendable.

To be frank, this is a mutually beneficial trade where both sides can feel pretty good.

Welcome aboard brother larkis .....

Come on ......: come on ..... We are a good Franchise and we won't be moving any time soon.

Get used to trusting the leagues best owner Robert Kraft and his two able side kicks BB and TB12.

Hello Martellus Bennett :eek:
There's a good reason why I don't bother getting upset or reacting to the Pats keeping quiet during the first few days of NFLFA. Days like yesterday and today are semi-regular occurrences in Foxboro.

It's been a good few days for the Patriots. I had a suspicion BB would be an active trader given Goodell ****ed him by taking away draft picks because of science.

There's a good reason why I don't bother getting upset or reacting to the Pats keeping quiet during the first few days of NFLFA. Days like yesterday and today are semi-regular occurrences in Foxboro.

It's been a good few days for the Patriots. I had a suspicion BB would be an active trader given Goodell stuffed him by taking away draft picks because of science.
I still would've preferred a solid CB pick-up, but I guess we can address that at the draft

I still would've preferred a solid CB pick-up, but I guess we can address that at the draft
The Pats can re-sign Tarrell Brown and Darryl Roberts, the impressive rookie CB is back from IR. The Pats are fine at CB given the market severely overpaid marginal talents this offseason.

I very much like the Patriots moves this offseason. This is further strengthened by signing Shea McClellin to a three year deal. He adds starter potential to the Pats LB and is very much a Mike Vrabel under-utilised potential asset for the Pats.

Belichick and Caserio are ticking all the boxes this offseason.

The Pats can re-sign Tarrell Brown and Darryl Roberts, the impressive rookie CB is back from IR. The Pats are fine at CB given the market severely overpaid marginal talents this offseason.

I very much like the Patriots moves this offseason. This is further strengthened by signing Shea McClellin to a three year deal. He adds starter potential to the Pats LB and is very much a Mike Vrabel under-utilised potential asset for the Pats.

Belichick and Caserio are ticking all the boxes this offseason.
I didn't think I could love Jules anymore, but your DP just changed that.

Just saw the McClellin signing - another great move. So pumped for next year already. Let's gooooo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back