Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

B) The Pats are worried about retaining him beyond next year when he becomes a FA (and we'd lose him for nothing).
All things considered it's probably best to part ways now.

Not really.

If we hold onto him this season as per his contract next season we could realistically slap a franchise tag on him which would land us two first round picks for the player if we don't match any offer he receives.

At least that way we get to see Brady in year 40 and assess where he's at before parting ways with JG.

I enjoyed the game like John Travolta enjoyed his date with Mia in pulp fiction. After bringing her back to life, things worked out.
Did it involve a needle in the chest?

Drug cheats confirmed

Belichick's approach to roster composition can only be described as fluid. He's the master of the moment.

There's lots of good reasons to hold onto Jimmy, but history says that Belicheck will take the goodies he can get for him now and back himself to find and form a QB in a year or 2 (or 3 or 4???).

Not sure when, but the retirement/demise of TB12 will be a fascinating moment. As you say, Belicheck is the master of moving players in and out at the right time, but this is a biggy and I wonder if the consummate pragmatist (and ruthlessness that goes with it) version of Belicheck will hold up through it.

Anyone else think we should keep Jimmy and not trade him? I don't want to trade him personally. It's a tough one because I think Brady has 3 years left in him he's already said next won't be his last so unless he's hurt I'm guessing he'll start. I just think at this end if his career it's good to have a solid backup and I don't think JB is a ready backup yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else think we should keep Jimmy and not trade him? I don't want to trade him personally. It's a tough one because I think Brady has 3 years left in him he's already said next won't be his last so unless he's hurt I'm guessing he'll start. I just think at this end if his career it's good to have a solid backup and I don't think JB is a ready backup yet

Its a very good question and hard to answer from the outside looking in.
Its one of those areas where we are just going to have to back BB's judgement.
I have NO idea how highly/lowly they rate Brissett and how long they really believe that TB12 will play on.

I suspect that two second rounders are what we may get for Jimmy G, which is not to bad considering that he is in most probably off at the end of next season for diddly squat.

Browns hold picks 33 and 52 in the second round that would be a possibility.

That would give us 1 first rounder and 3 second rounders...... with picks 32, 33, 52 and 64 for a team thats just won the Super Bowl they are pretty good picks.

If he goes I would think a mature QB would be added for some insurance in FA.

No doubt that four picks inside 64 would give us very good currency to address some roster needs.

Having said all that I am very reluctant to let Jimmy G go as I rate him .

In BB I trust.

I thought trading Jamie Collins in the middle of a title possible year was insane, but it certainly seemed to work out! So I have faith that the right decision will be made.

Bit of an insight into Cyrus Jones here
"But honestly, it was hell for me," he said. "That's the only way I can describe it. I didn't feel I deserved to be part of anything that was happening with the team. I felt embarrassed that these people probably thought they wasted a pick on me."

Jones is determined to become better for the impending 2017 season. He reportedly cancelled an already planned vacation and is opting to spend his offseason in the gym.
If he can come back next year and step up as a DB that would be huge, especially if we lose Logan Ryan. Rowe played well in the SB but overall I thought he was terrible.

However, I'd be surprised if he is let anywhere near a punt return again.

I thought he was okay this season... Don't underestimate what Gase has done/is doing to that team
Tannehill is garbage. He shrinks in big moments and his accuracy is more akin to a shotgun than a sniper rifle. He's very lucky he's got some great skill position players around him otherwise he'd be out of the league.

Ive finally watched the full game again (took 3 sittings) and I don't think Atlanta choked te game away.
Yeah, we whiffed on a Hightower block which lead to the strip sack. We had bad play calling on 2nd and 11 where Ryan got sacked.

But outside of that and that immaculate reception by Edelman, the difference was literally brady went into god mode. Some of those throws were ridiculous.

They're viewing actually justified brady being MVP, at the game I thought it was either white or Jarrett depending on who won, but Brady played out of this stratosphere in that comeback. No question now on MVP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back