Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

I miss Edelman so much...

This so much .......and X2........ me too.

He is the sides mojo its heart and soul.......... to the player at half time in SB LI about a come back..."it going to be a hell of a story ".

Loved his comment post game when asked how he stayed calm in the second half with out panicking to mount a comeback and take it to extra time .

........ I just thought "Zen Water ".....lol

Its the kiss of death for any team that allows Brady to get into any sort of rhythm .

Never give Brady a sniff and make sure you play for every second of the game or otherwise TB12 can bite you on the arse.
I have two takes on Brady following that game and they're contrasting.

Firstly, he needs to stop searching for the deep ball. The roughing the passer call saved him from, arguably, the worst pick of his career. He threw the same rubbish into double coverage against the Jets last week. I fully understand how stretching the field opens up so much underneath for Amendola and the RBs but god damn, don't push so hard. I feel like the threat of Cooks or even Dorsett charging down field is enough to get the DBs away from the LOS.

However, it was positive to see him and the offence move the chains with a lead. We have struggled to reset downs with leads against Tampa and the Jets, which allowed them to have a shot at the end. Now the power run game with Gillislee still needs work but things, across the board, are getting better.

*&%^ it.

Our four most important player are:

Brady.
Gronk.
Edelman
Hightower.

No two are out for the season. :(

Looking like the fickle hand of fate is trying desperately to hand us a crapola season.

Going to be difficult to go back to back......not impossible ........ but the task just got a hell of a lot harder.

So stoked to get to the bye week 6-2. The game plan of effectively holding onto the ball as long as possible to limit the damage done on defence worked, but we needed to captialise more in the red zone. I tried to give Gostkoswki the benefit of the doubt earlier this season but today was terrible. It's not even close if he kicks the two missed FGs (both from 43).

Besides the blown run by Gordon I thought the D was reasonable. They picked on Bademosi but he didn't particularly blow any coverages, just got outplayed by better receivers. Must say I love how Van Noy has stepped up big time this year, and boy does he need to now Hightower is out. Thought Kyle was going to be a special teams guy, nothing more nothing less, so pleasantly surprised on that front. Still need to find a way to get pressure on the QB.

So pissed Brady missed Hogan on the flea flicker, opting instead to go for Cooks in double coverage. Hogan literally had half of the field to himself... interestingly, when they drew up the flea flicker last year in the lead-up to the AFCCG in practice Brady threw to a covered Edelman. They only realised Hogan was free when they looked at the film... and then they pulled it off on gameday.

Hope Hogan's arm/shoulder isn't bad

What the **** did they just do :mad::thumbsdown:
They just gifted you with at least 2-3 more years of TB12!

Seriously though, I've calmed a bit now. It was only a year ago we were all sitting here going through the exact same emotions with Jamie Collins, four months later we're SB champions... While I liked Jimmy and thought the future looked great with him and I'm worried about QB depth, I'm almost certain this is the first domino of several. Hoyer has already been released, so watch him get signed by the Pats. Then I'd bet NE will use the SF pick to do something big on defence.

Bill's a genius, and while this move is definitely pushing my faith, his record is proof enough we're in good hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just gifted you with at least 2-3 more years of TB12!

Seriously though, I've calmed a bit now. It was only a year ago we were all sitting here going through the exact same emotions with Jamie Collins, four months later we're SB champions... While I liked Jimmy and thought the future looked great with him and I'm worried about QB depth, I'm almost certain this is the first domino of several. Hoyer has already been released, so watch him get signed by the Pats. Then I'd bet NE will use the SF pick to do something big on defence.

Bill's a genius, and while this move is definitely pushing my faith, his record is proof enough we're in good hands.

Hoyer is 32 and s**t.

One Brady injury and the team is completely and utterly ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back