Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Nice to see you back m8 - have missed your posts this season.
After the whole Kaepernick-Trump-players fiasco, the NFL wasn't all that fun. I thought I'd take a break from it until it died down. With the news of Goodell's impending demise, I'm dipping my toe in the water.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Why would you not trade Jimmy in the off season for a top 10 pick. We could have even packaged something and got the Browns pick 1.

6 months later we trade him for a turd sandwich.
Sounds like we never got a top-10 offer, let alone a first round pick. Rapoport saying the best offer was Cleveland's 2nd and change...

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Why would you not trade Jimmy in the off season for a top 10 pick. We could have even packaged something and got the Browns pick 1.

6 months later we trade him for a turd sandwich.
The 49ers pick will most likely be at the top of the second round. The 49ers pick will be extremely valuable both before the deadline and at the draft.

You'd think with all the fake news floating around people would understand attention and clicks drive journalism not actuality and truth. Claiming sources doesn't make a claim credible.

This is a good move for the Pats. It also means Brady is retiring a Patriot.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
The 49ers pick will most likely be at the top of the second round. The 49ers pick will be extremely valuable both before the deadline and at the draft.

You'd think with all the fake news floating around people would understand attention and clicks drive journalism not actuality and truth. Claiming sources doesn't make a claim credible.

This is a good move for the Pats. It also means Brady is retiring a Patriot.
Was that ever really not a possibility?

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
Well that is surprising to say the least, but I thought BB had taken crazy pills trading Collins in the middle of a SB contention year last year and we know how that worked out. He definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
He definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt.
This. We’re talking about the guy who’s won 5 SBs, took a Matt Cassell team to 11-5, has a defensive playbook in the HoF, took an intentional safety to win a game and quit the Jets after one day :D- the guy is a proven genius and if you can’t trust a team in his hands then you’re not going to trust anyone.

I don't doubt BB at all, I just find it hard to understand the point of trading him now.

Whilst the timing is a bit baffling BB will have a plan , he always does, it will be counter to mainstream thinking and in hindsight will look like a smart move.

BB stays ahead of the pack and thinks forward better than most thats the secret to his sustained success.

Trade window still open and I would not be surprised if there is another move before the deadline closes latter tonight.

He has an uncanny knack of knowing just when to trade and cut players.
Does it with no emotion ....... just gets the best deal done and moves on to his next move.

Trading Chandler Jones then Jamie Collins last season... most thought WTF..... then.... moving forward to February Super Bowl LI Champs.

So now that JimmyG has been traded, the question remains, just who will be the back up QB ???????

What are peoples thoughts and suggestions ?

We have the bye week so it gives us a little more time, but it would be a pretty urgent piece of business for BB to finalise.

Was suggested that Hoyer was originally to be part of the trade, but that bit of the trade never eventuated.

Open to suggestions !!!!!!!

OK for shits and giggles do I get any opening bids on :

Lets all stand togther and Go the Fro. ?!

download-18.jpg

Or Lord help us . ?!

images-11.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
So now that JimmyG has been traded, the question remains, just who will be the back up QB ???????

What are peoples thoughts and suggestions ?

We have the bye week so it gives us a little more time, but it would be a pretty urgent piece of business for BB to finalise.

Was suggested that Hoyer was originally to be part of the trade, but that bit of the trade never eventuated.

Open to suggestions !!!!!!!
Hoyer has since been cut so we won't need to trade for him. Think it's just a matter of when not if on that front.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Going off topic here but I'm actually pretty excited to see what Jimmy can do for the 9ers. Gets a perfect situation playing for Shanahan, just needs some more tools to use and an o-line.
When the 49ers have an opportunity to put a proper team around him (i.e. next season) then we'll get a better idea of how good he is. FWIW, I think he'll be a very good starter.

When the 49ers have an opportunity to put a proper team around him (i.e. next season) then we'll get a better idea of how good he is. FWIW, I think he'll be a very good starter.

I agree and I will follow Jimmy G's career closely , was always a favourite of mine .
Great kid and I wish him all the best going forward .
He has had am ideal grounding and learning curve sitting behind TB 12 and he will always be a two time super bowl winner .

I have a suspicion that this might come back to haunt us .
Having said that you have to back TB12 and BB.

The Brisset trade is now in hindsight a bit puzzling .

No doubt we draft a young QB next draft .

Nice little unexpected gift from the Jets this morning. :)

Providing us with a little more separation in the standing, which will be a good thing come seasons end.

I would normally want the Bills to beat The Jets , but I will gladly take the upset. :thumbsu:

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
3 more years of Brady hahaha, heads will explode around here.This place is already losing/lost it when it comes to Brady. I love it

Reckon I would make a quick trip to USA to see his last game whenever that is - SB 54???.

All the other teams still have KC to play so reckon provided we win the games we are expected to win over next two weeks and win our home games we will be divisional champs again.

The games against Pittsburgh will be crucial to a top 2 spot.

It's no easy task the second half of this season, but if anything it looks easier to accomplish now than maybe looking at the start of the year. Our defense has gotten better but I'm not convinced they are good enough yet. Rowe back and Gilmore should make us better when that happens. The o still has some issues to sort too, I don't feel Josh is getting the most out of this offense yet. Something's not right. Anyone heard about Mitchell returning? Anyway division games should be close and that Steelers game is going to have playoff implications assuming we or they don't lose unexpectedly. Kc still have our division to play along with their div. Pit has only three away games and favorable schedule vs patriots and kc's five away games in same period. We want the ravens Bengals and browns to show up....good luck.

Back