Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully it ends with another ring.

Well it looks like a top 2 seed at this stage unless we implode (highly unlikely) - 5 games against division plus Steelers.

Top seed will likely go to the winner of Pats @ Steelers. If we beat Steelers then it almost impossible to lose the top seed (and vice versa if Steelers win).

After a very sluggish start to the season, the team has since slowly been putting things together and chugging on well.

Now where have I see that before.......... takes BB a few weeks to work out where best to put the pieces on the chess board but once he works out what his new toys are capable of then the action gets more serious.

As BB always says the season starts in earnest ofter Thanksgiving.

I am feeling a lot more bullish that we will make the super bowl again this year after the last month of good solid football.
Playing exceptionally good complimentary football and "hats off" to the special teams guys ,some of their work has been unbelievable.

BB will plot and scheme and have his behind the scenes analytical crew already picking apart , each and every Steelers play, as they are the main opposition to us making the SB.

Pretty happy to put that one in the books and move on. After singing the praise of Karras last week he made some mistakes today. It was always going to be tough taking on Wake/Suh without Andrews and Cannon, and while it wasn't great we got away with it... Tom was off but still good enough, and Lewis is playing career-best football. I thought the ceiling for Lewis would be a pass-catching back but he's killing it as the lead rusher.

Another good game for the defence, letting up only 10 points. We actually generated a fair bit of pressure too, just hope to god the injuries aren't bad. We really can't afford Van Noy to go down with the state of our LBs. Also worth singling Gilmore. He has been terrific since returning from injury/concussion. Great in coverage and finished with two picks.

Brady was terrible today, terrible communication on the missed snap (not all his fault but part) a fumble and a few bad passes, makes me wonder if he should have taken the game off.

Gronk played his best game of the year and Lewis looked good too. Overall one of those games where you just take the W and move on, hopefully the injuries aren't too severe, and root for the Packers or Bengals (next week) to pull off an upset win.

The Bills will not be an easy game next week.

Didn't play overly well, turned the ball over twice, people dinged up everywhere, still more than double Miami's score.:p I think division games are always a concern and shouldn't be overlooked, but the signs all point to playoff seeding being only thing to worry about. Quite a change from 2-2 days

Didn't play overly well, turned the ball over twice, people dinged up everywhere, still more than double Miami's score.:p I think division games are always a concern and shouldn't be overlooked, but the signs all point to playoff seeding being only thing to worry about. Quite a change from 2-2 days
Possibly arrogantly, but I'd go a step further and say the Steelers don't even seem threatening atm. They have been absolutely blessed by the schedule fairy yet they still barely scrap by the so-so teams in the league. Injuries should be the only thing standing in the way of us in the AFC

Possibly arrogantly, but I'd go a step further and say the Steelers don't even seem threatening atm. They have been absolutely blessed by the schedule fairy yet they still barely scrap by the so-so teams in the league. Injuries should be the only thing standing in the way of us in the AFC
Pittsburgh away is never an easy game.

Looking at the NFC though, Philly looked incredible right now but I feel have a touch of the Cowboys of last season where it may unravel in the playoffs. The Seahawks are ravaged by injury, the Falcons are a mess, the Packers are a joke without Rodgers.

I think it will come down to either the Eagles or the Vikings. Both of which I would be confident of beating in a SB

Looking at the NFC though, Philly looked incredible right now but I feel have a touch of the Cowboys of last season where it may unravel in the playoffs. The Seahawks are ravaged by injury, the Falcons are a mess, the Packers are a joke without Rodgers.

I think it will come down to either the Eagles or the Vikings. Both of which I would be confident of beating in a SB
Completely agree on Philly - don't trust them down the stretch. I can see the Rams going all the way, especially if Wade Phillips gets their D up to scratch. New Orleans should make the final four in the NFC

Don't think a city hosting the SB has had their team in it so Vikings would be making history to make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a shame marty is good in our o and we lost ebner who is a notable st loss but we should be ok IF we get hogan and mitchell back at some point.Lets not forget the secret project Dorset. Total stealth play coming imo with him. we'll see. anyone heard about flowers.... and cannon return time?

Solid win. A few weeks back (pre-Peterman) I thought we'd split the series with the Bills, so to win away is a good result. I actually thought Buffalo controlled the play for most of the first half, owning TOP and keeping Brady off the field. If Taylor doesn't throw the redzone pick it's at least 9-6 at HT...

The turnaround from the D is remarkable. I know the calibre of O hasn't been world-beating but we can only deal with what's in front of us, and we're doing it without Hightower, Flowers and only bits and pieces contributions from Rowe and Van Noy today. Also, ERIC LEE!!! How fun, hope he keeps it up.

The Gronk stuff. Without a question it was dumb and dirty by Rob, can't condone that sort of behaviour and I thought he should've been ejected. I won't be surprised if he gets a suspension but hopefully not. In fairness to Rob though, some of the calls on him were pathetic. The play in question was definitely DPI (it wasn't the only one on the day) and then the OPI calls he got paled in comparison.

If Talib and Crabtree set the standard for what constitutes a one week suspension, Gronk should be fined.

Maybe but you know how the Ginger Prick likes to use discipline on The Patriots as a clear message to the rest of the Como.

That said Gronk was out of line .

I can see how Gronk would be frustrated. That DPI was blatant! He just wasn't getting any calls today.

Still it was pretty silly when up by 2 scores and cruising to a win. I'm not a big fan of stuff going on after the play is dead and I wouldn't object to a suspension, but given the difference between this and Crabtree/Talib no way...

Edit: Eric Lee was so fun to watch in this game. Not good enough for the Bills...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back