Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Greatest Coach, Greatest QB and Greatest Owner of all time.. Now you're telling me that they will have personality clashes?

Do people think that Kobe/MJ and Phil Jackson would hug and hold hands all day? What do you think made Tim Duncan, David Robinson and Tony Parker stay focused? 100% Greg Poppovich had a massive effect on their professionalism.

Brady and BB will have disagreements no doubt, but why would something so frivolous ruin their relationship after all these years?

DNP - Gillislee
Limited - Branch, Burkhead, Hogan, Lee, Van Noy & White.
No mention of Malc Mitchell as he's not been made active... time might be up there

Just got to get through this week as we should take care of The Titans.
If things go as they should then The Steelers at home will be a hard task, then two weeks to the SB.

We need to have some of these guys come good if we are going all the way.
The health of the above mentioned is going to be pivotal to our chances of Ring # 6.

I think if we can just get over The Steelers then we are a pretty good chance to win the SB.

At this point would we even expect a second year player to have much impact after missing the whole year?

Yeah, Mitchell was great in the Superbowl but he isn't Randy Moss.
Being a trusted receiver is valuable. Britt & Dorsett don't exactly have great chemistry with TB. Hell even the Cooks-Brady connection has spluttered this year

Being a trusted receiver is valuable. Britt & Dorsett don't exactly have great chemistry with TB. Hell even the Cooks-Brady connection has spluttered this year

Much harder for Cooks-Brady to be effective with no Jules ( out for the season ) and in particular no Hogan of late.
Hogan is a key piece of the O, he runs all the routes and is a deep threat as well and him on the field makes things so much easier for Cooks and Gronk to do their thing.

If we can get a fit Hogan that will make a huge difference, much more so than Mitchell.

Last edited:
Good piece on Dion Lewis here - https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/1/10/16870638/dion-lewis-patriots-x-factor

Aside from Gronk he's the guy that could break open a playoff game for us. The way he finished the season was so darn impressive.
A couple of years ago I though (and said on here) that when he did his ACL that was just about the season done for us. The rest of our offense was really struggling and he was the only one consistently getting big yards.

The last few games he appears to have returned to that 2015(?) form. Could be huge in the postseason.

A couple of years ago I though (and said on here) that when he did his ACL that was just about the season done for us. The rest of our offense was really struggling and he was the only one consistently getting big yards.

The last few games he appears to have returned to that 2015(?) form. Could be huge in the postseason.
I think he's different to what he was back then but agree with your sentiment. He was pretty loose with the rock in that season too, which he has seemingly tightened up this season (no fumbles on 3x more carries).

I think when he came onto the scene in NE he was a pass-catching back but now he's 100% run-first.
2015 - 7 games for 36 receptions, 10.8 YPC
2017 - 16 games for 32 receptions, 6.7 YPC
I think the improvement or change in style is a byproduct of our RB strength. He wasn't a starter early in the year and he made it known he thought he deserved to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patriots owner Robert Kraft will meet with Bill Belichick and Tom Brady after the season to "hash out their issues."

Belichick is fully expected to be back, but this confirms Kraft plans to have a "clear the air" meeting in the offseason. The Patriots have an unresolved conflict with Brady's trainer and are dealing with some backlash from Belichick for the Jimmy Garoppolo trade. Despite rumors it could be Belichick's last year, the Patriots' power structure is going to remain in place in 2018.

Source: NFL Network

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patriots owner Robert Kraft will meet with Bill Belichick and Tom Brady after the season to "hash out their issues."

Belichick is fully expected to be back, but this confirms Kraft plans to have a "clear the air" meeting in the offseason. The Patriots have an unresolved conflict with Brady's trainer and are dealing with some backlash from Belichick for the Jimmy Garoppolo trade. Despite rumors it could be Belichick's last year, the Patriots' power structure is going to remain in place in 2018.

Source: NFL Network

What’s that beeping sound? Rapoport backing up??

Love it. Offence arguably the best it's looked the entire season, or perhaps Tom was right when he said he's got DLB completely worked out...

The o-line was terrific while on the other side of the ball our D-line got pressure left, right and centre. Obviously helped that Conklin went out but hopefully our guys in the backfield is a more consistent sight in weeks to come.

Potential emergence of a pass rush is a big one. Steelers (should we play them) rely on their offence line to be stellar, so if we can disrupt them with a rush that’ll go a long way to winning the game. Obviously if we get in Bortles face, then we’ll most likely totally shut down the Jags offence and win the game from there.

Could be the key to our post season. Let’s hope it wasn’t a one off.

Good game.

Non existent in the first quarter, looked like it could be a real tug of war but within minutes of the second it was clear who would win.
The Pats are going to have to really, really, really s**t the bed to not put #6 in the trophy cabinet.

As I see it, for a neutral sports fan, New Orleans vs. New England would be the most entertaining Super Bowl.

The best & healthiest we’ve looked all year. Some fortunate calls early on def helped us on our way, but nothing that would’ve affected the eventual outcome.

Loved how quickly we adjusted to the Mariota run threat & then being able to zero in on him & gradually sap confidence everytime we put him on his arse.

Hopefully we can bring the same pressure next week to ben or Bortles.

The Pats are going to have to really, really, really s**t the bed to not put #6 in the trophy cabinet.

As I see it, for a neutral sports fan, New Orleans vs. New England would be the most entertaining Super Bowl.
We looked good today but I still see Min (mainly cause they're at home) and New Orleans as huge threats. Those backs could carve us up

As much as I love seeing Pit lose the Jags' D scares the hell out of me.

They're built to stop us and have Coughlin to call upon. Will be tough

They’re good but they conceded 40+ points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back