Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

QB Brady (5)
WR Moss (5)
WR Cappelletti (1)
HB Lewis (1)
TE Gronkowski (5)
FL Woodhead (1)

Ditto and that list of 6 is IMO pretty hard to beat so it’s x 2 from me.

Would have liked to been able to fit Jules in there but the Moss / Gino “ Mr Patriots” Cappelletti is just to perfect.
Cappelletti was just so versatile and for his era a six foot wide receiver was very rare and excellent value at just one point.
And Moss has been Brady’s most successful QB / WR partner ever.
Gronk is Gronk and the beast is such a scoring miss match that he needs to be in the 6.

28058478_10215915303417741_1026734999776551038_n.jpg

Brady, Branch, Edelman, Lewis, Gronk, Givens

Brady, Moss, Cappelletti, Lewis, Gronk, Woodhead

EDIT: Just realised that's the same as posts above. Hard to go past that really. Swapping Cooks in for some other options elsewhere (White or Jules) was tempting, but Moss is the best receiver the Pats have had in the TB12 era, that then locks the others in pretty much.

Last edited:

Huge relief if Gronk does come back. He will most likely retire at the end of next season or at the latest, 2020, but given TB12 and BB will probably be done by then too, it won't be that huge a blow.

Need to go absolutely all in to win next season.

I came here to post about the reports saying Gronk will play next year, however, he just tweeted out #Clueless with a shrug emoji...
Nothing like keeping your player in offseason headlines by perpetuating rumours and innuendo. Don't pay any attention to the media circus.

Pushing Gronk aside, with Mo Wilkerson cut, if at all possible and in combination with a potential Preston Brown signing (let's not forget about a healthy Derek Rivers), the Pats front 7, if only hypothetically, could look very different. One can only hope.

I don’t think Britt has cost us much.

Brady’s weapons offensively look pretty good going into next season. Just need to sort out and solidify the TE position.
Hopefully we keep Bennett and move Allen on. Would not be adverse to picking up another TE either in FA or the draft.

That said I hope we spend most of our draft chips on suring up the front 7 on the D and some more O line protection for TB12. And .... obviously a young QB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andddd there goes Bennett. Released

I would have liked to have kept Bennett, I do hope they get some TE help added to the squad, Trey Burton from the Eagles would be a good get, I don't have a lot of confidence with Allen being our second TE and given The Gronk's injury history we need another quality TE on the squad.

Bennett's release does however free up 6.2 million to be spent elsewhere.

An ESPN reporter is saying Talib's preferred option is New England, and hopes to be released from Den.

The same reporter said we were also in the running for Michael Bennett before the trade went through... Maybe we were holding onto Marty in the hope of luring Michael

We apparently offered our third rounder for Bennett but Phili offered a fifth and WR Marcus Johnson.

As for Talib I can see him pairing up with Gilmore it just depends on how much coin he wants.

Seattle are into a serious rebuild with Sherman also about to be released, will be interesting to see where he lands as he is still injured so a big question mark remains over him.

Finally got some intel on why Antonio Garcia didn't play last season and was on the non football related injury list.

Apparently he had a blood clot in his lungs and was put on blood thinners , which makes you more prone to both bruising and of a greater concern and more seriously internal bleeding....... so obviously no physical contact was allowed.

He is now over this and is expected to resume full training once OTA start, which given the Nat Solder contract situation is pleasing.
Garcia was drafted last year as a replacement should Solder move on.

While I would very much like Solder to re sign with us and finish he playing days as a one team player, Garcia is cover should Nate seek a bigger day day elsewhere.

Last edited:
Finally got some intel on why Antonio Garcia didn't play last season and was on the non football related injury list.

Apparently he had a blood clot in his lungs and was put on blood thinners , which makes you more prone to both bruising and of a greater concern and more seriously internal bleeding....... so obviously no physical contact was allowed.

He is now over this and is expected to resume full training once OTA start, which given the Nat Solder contract situation is pleasing.
Garcia was drafted last year as a replacement should Solder move on.

While I would very much like Solder to re sign with us and finish he playing days as a one team player, Garcia is cover should Nate seek a bigger day day elsewhere.
I heard that this week as well. Didn’t he lose a ton of weight as a result? Therefore he’s back to square one (probably further back) so retaining Solder is still essential.

I heard that this week as well. Didn’t he lose a ton of weight as a result? Therefore he’s back to square one (probably further back) so retaining Solder is still essential.

Oh don't get me wrong I very much want Solder to stay and there aren't too many quality LT in this draft so keeping him is a priority.
But another quality OLman in Garcia would be a real bonus , he was very impressive before he vanished from the OTA's last year.
We need to beef up both the O & D lines , particularly the D, JMcD and Brady will always manage a way to get points on the board but if the D was more effective than it has been the last two years then we will certainly win more games.

I will be disappointed if we cant hold on to James Harrison ( I just think he and High would be a formidable LB combination with some serious smarts and grunt ) , similarly I will be disappointed if we don't trade in a couple of players to help bolster the D line.
Preston BROWN from the Bills would be a very good start add him to Hightower and Harrison then surround them with Malcom Brown, Flowers x 2, Wise, Valentine and Van Noy, then the Front Seven start looking better.

Add the secondary of McCourty, Chung , Gilmore and maybe Talib then the D looks very solid.

Just get it done BB.

I would have liked to have kept Bennett, I do hope they get some TE help added to the squad, Trey Burton from the Eagles would be a good get, I don't have a lot of confidence with Allen being our second TE and given The Gronk's injury history we need another quality TE on the squad.

Bennett's release does however free up 6.2 million to be spent elsewhere.

Bennett's shoulder was pretty suspect wasn't it?? (genuine question, I'm not sure). Maybe there just wasn't enough confidence in it ... and we don't need another quality injury prone TE sitting on the bench.

The Patriots really wanted to get Michael Bennett on board and Martellus was willing to take a pay cut to help as the brothers were super keen to play together at New England .
The Patriots pitched a better offer to the Seahawks than what they had been offered from Phili , however the Front Office at Seattle had already committed to the Eagles and they are a team that don’t back out of verbal agreements.

Pity as it would have been fun watching The Black Unicorn and his brother ply their trade for us. Michael would have provided much needed help on the D and Martelus on song is a real threat.

Alas it was not to be ...... #%^*.

Missing out on Talib means I think we need to go all out on Sherman.
Do we though? As much as I would've liked Talib or Sherman I think any investment needs to go into the D-line. Bill has taken guys like Butler, Bademosi and Jon Jones and made them useable. Rowe will get a bad wrap for being mossed by Jeffrey but he's a decent player too. Question marks on Cy Jones but he's another who could potentially give us a boost next year.

Additionally, we could have 3 Ty Laws out there and it wouldn't matter if the D-line was made of cardboard. If a QB has time he will find a receiver, no matter how good the DB coverage is. At least with pressure you can give DBs time to recover

Remove this Banner Ad

Back