Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing out on Talib means I think we need to go all out on Sherman.
8 million base salary with incentives could work. Mind you, these guys are all ego and believe they're worth premium contracts even coming off a significant achilles injury and major surgery. The problem is, some idiotic GM will offer him 12+.

8 million base salary with incentives could work. Mind you, these guys are all ego and believe they're worth premium contracts even coming off a significant achilles injury and major surgery. The problem is, some idiotic GM will offer him 12+.
He's contracted for 11m.. no team is trading for him which means that no team is willing offer even a sixth round pick for him at that salary.. nobody is paying him more than his current salary off that injury

I think Sherman is at best a very long shot to be a Patriot next season.

He will attract some big offers and whilst he may postulate about the team needing to be the right fit and being a contender etc etc , I think ultimately he will choose to go to where the coin is.

I also think there is a HUGE unknown in regard the health status of his achilles injury.

I would prefer BB to address some other areas of major concern before we wasted to much time on Sherman.

We need to:

1. Get Solder to commit and sign on.
2. Find some URGENT help for the front seven.
3. Get a CB that is healthy and ready to go to replace Butler.
4. Aquire another TE.
5. Sort out our RB core.

Once this is done then sure, if we have enough coin left to entertain the Sherman signing, then by all means proceed with chasing him.

They released him to avoid paying him 11m next year.. If a team wanted him for 11m they would have traded something to Seattle to ensure they could get him
The more likely scenario is nobody was willing to trade an asset to acquire Sherman knowing they could sign him when he became a free agent for nothing more than the contract.

The more likely scenario is nobody was willing to trade an asset to acquire Sherman knowing they could sign him when he became a free agent for nothing more than the contract.

Marty Hurney says "Hold my beer while i put in a trade for Torrey Smith"

Patriots pick up Danny Shelton DT 6' 2" 135 kg from the Brown's and a 2018 fifth round pick for the Patriots 2019 3rd round pick.

Shelton was the number 12 overall pick in the 2015 draft.

Its a bit of a nothing pick up BUT as we have seen many times before BB has a habit of picking up Brown's and Bengals players and making them into decent contributors.

Patriots pick up Danny Shelton DT 6' 2" 135 kg from the Brown's and a 2018 fifth round pick for the Patriots 2019 3rd round pick.

Shelton was the number 12 overall pick in the 2015 draft.

Its a bit of a nothing pick up BUT as we have seen many times before BB has a habit of picking up Brown's and Bengals players and making them into decent contributors.
This is a nice acquisition and begins addressing one area of need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some reports are saying that teams are preparing offers to Sherman around $7m.
49ers signed Sherman to a 3 year $39.15 million deal which includes a $5 million signing bonus.

I told you, players are ego driven and a silly GM would be prepared to pay Sherman top dollar.

49ers signed Sherman to a 3 year $39.15 million deal which includes a $5 million signing bonus.

I told you, players are ego driven and a silly GM would be prepared to pay Sherman top dollar.

I am sure glad that we didn't fork out that sort of coin for a player withs such a massive injury cloud hanging over him.

Like I posted above Sherman could bang on all he wanted about getting the right fit for him but ultimately the right fit was always going to be who would fork out the coin that he wanted. I have reservation about his health because Seattle let him go way to easily to me and that did not pass the sniff test.

Yeah .... agree Solder is the player that I am nervously waiting News on .

We will be in deep s**t if he walks.
As there is no obvious replacement in either FA or the draft.

It’s not the Patriot way to pay overs but in this case they may need to go close to matching other teams offers.

Yeah .... agree Solder is the player that I am nervously waiting News on .

We will be in deep s**t if he walks.
As there is no obvious replacement in either FA or the draft.

It’s not the Patriot way to pay overs but in this case they may need to go close to matching other teams offers.
I read somewhere before they've effectively said - go see what you can get and we'll do our best to match

DYIcuHLU0AEj62G.jpg:large

Dola leaving to join the Fins :(.

I guess WR is a position that we have good depth in but Danny was certainly one of the gang.

Dolphins making some strange moves this off season.

Apparently Butler to join the Titans 5 year deal 61 million.
30 million guaranteed.

Glad he got his pay day.
Thank you Malcolm for super bowl 49, who will ever forget that timely interception.

Second year in a row the Titans grab one of our CB's.

Dola leaving to join the Fins :(.

I guess WR is a position that we have good depth in but Danny was certainly one of the gang.

Dolphins making some strange moves this off season.
Took a pay cut for the last few years so absolutely no resentment whatsoever. God I loved watching Danny play - such a big time player that will be quickly forgotten in the lore of WRs. I think at least his legacy will be remembered within Foxborough.

Apparently Butler to join the Titans 5 year deal 61 million.
30 million guaranteed.

Glad he got his pay day.
Thank you Malcolm for super bowl 49, who will ever forget that timely interception.

Second year in a row the Titans grab one of our CB's.
That is crazy money - that's third highest guaranteed figure among CBs. Good for Butler but that is a terrible deal from the Titans

Yes I understand both moves from the respective players and I don't begrudge either for making the move, they both have been good servants for the Patriots.

Lost two of my favourite Patriot players , but life moves on.

Will be interesting to see who BB picks up in FA , still the # 1 priority in FA IMO is keeping Solder.

Dion Lewis to the Titans.

Titans getting a real former Patriots fell to it.

Jordy Nelson would be a nice pick up to replace Dola...... apparently there is some interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back