Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Gods strike again.

RB Hill out for the season with an ACL.

Bugger................... :devil:
On the plus side, when he's ready it hopefully means more carries for Michel. I'm excited by his potential. I don't want to say Curtis Martin but it's been a while since the Pats had a dominant back. Also, the Pats brought in Corey Coleman. Unless there's some major outstanding issue with his attitude, he'd be a fine addition at WR. In my limited exposure to him, I've been impressed. Mind you, the damn Eagles (he's visiting with them today or tomorrow) will probably sign him.

On the plus side, when he's ready it hopefully means more carries for Michel. I'm excited by his potential. I don't want to say Curtis Martin but it's been a while since the Pats had a dominant back. Also, the Pats brought in Corey Coleman. Unless there's some major outstanding issue with his attitude, he'd be a fine addition at WR. In my limited exposure to him, I've been impressed. Mind you, the damn Eagles (he's visiting with them today or tomorrow) will probably sign him.

Well ausbacker you got your wish as The Patriots have signed Coleman to a one year deal.
Patriots didn't let him leave town and go to visit the Eagles....... signed him up before he could leave Boston.

Veteran Bennie Fowler also been signed to the receiving core. Not a spectacular signing but he does add some depth.

I too cant wait for Sonny Michel to be back active. When we drafted him while I was pleased with his athletic ability I did have some reservation about his knee.
Would be a real bummer if he wasn't able to get back this year.

Last edited:

Thought's on Dorsett's game Pats fans?

Didn't see any of the game, just the stat line, wondering if it could be the norm going forward.. #fantasyfootball

Thought's on Dorsett's game Pats fans?

Didn't see any of the game, just the stat line, wondering if it could be the norm going forward.. #fantasyfootball

Had a good game but he lined up mostly in the slot so would assume that when Edelman is back and with not many other WRs who know as much of the playbook as him I reckon he might be used in a few different roles so could have some big weeks and will have some quiet weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah to be honest I'm not even upset. Also need to realise we're notoriously average in September

I think this was a good result when you consider the jags really wanted to beat us so they showed their hand a little I think. We are going to play in the playoffs and so hopefully in January we don’t get beat by these weak crossing routes and Blake scrambling for first downs. On the other side of the ball we didn’t show them anything that they didn’t already know so I think it’s a good outing when you consider the long term.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The defense made two big plays today - I am taking that as a step forward.

The offense is the area of concern for mine it looked anemic at times. Patricia will double team Gronk like today and we will be stuck throwing wheel routes all game. Huge danger game IMO coming up. Lion’s looked significantly better today.

If we sign Gordon could be season changing...

Josh Gordon is now a :nflpatriots: Patriot. :eek:

He has been traded from The Browns :nflbrowns: for a conditional fifth round pick.

Huge risk but if it comes off........... then huge reward.

TBH I am not sure how I feel about this one , probably indifferent best sums my feelings up.

Gordon has been such an enigma as a player and he certainly has had his off field issues.

I guess that in many ways makes him the classic BB project.

Will be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Randy Moss 2.0 ? .... Hope he can get himself together fast, could be massive, Bill won't put up with the Cleveland s**t for a second, well worth the risk for a conditional 5th. :thumbsu:

I like how everyone pretends that the ******* gazillion 'star WR who's going to be the moss' signings that NE have made over the last decade don't exist.

The similarities in Moss and Gordon's size and game are obvious, not sure who you are referring to when you say "everyone" but I've never thought any of the WR's signed by the Pats since Moss were ever close to being Moss.

I feel a fair bit hinges on if he has any axe to grind with the Browns.

That added motivation might be enough to keep him straight and motivated for the rest of this season at least...

The similarities in Moss and Gordon's size and game are obvious, not sure who you are referring to when you say "everyone" but I've never thought any of the WR's signed by the Pats since Moss were ever close to being Moss.
I think he means we have a history of picking up talented players off the scrap heap - chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne etc - only for them to get talked up as the second coming and eventually fizzle out into nothing.

I think he means we have a history of picking up talented players off the scrap heap - chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne etc - only for them to get talked up as the second coming and eventually fizzle out into nothing.

Fair enough then if so. Josh could most definitely crash and burn quickly. Size and talent wise he's better than all of them since Randy.

Low risk, high reward.

Its really a free hit. I for one welcome it, you gotta take chances.

And from what I understand the trade is conditional. If Gordon doesn't play a certain number of games the Browns are sending a pick back.

Regardless of the glaring issues, if that's all it cost for a look. I'm 100% on board

I think with Gordon it's not even about production, although keeping him happy will no doubt play its part, it's about the chess game. Gordon on the field is a huge body that warrants respect, and potentially an extra set of eyes from a safety. This is about creating mismatches and opening things up for other players, most notably Gronk

Very happy with this- we were looking like a circa 2006/2013 offense - with Jules back in two weeks this step changes things dramatically for us.

D's have to contend with Gronk, Jules and Gordon without being able to double team plus our committee of running backs & Hogan really think this will open a lot of things up for us- not the least our run game- and hopefully take some pressure of our D

Josh Gordon is now a :nflpatriots: Patriot. :eek:

He has been traded from The Browns :nflbrowns: for a conditional fifth round pick.

Huge risk but if it comes off........... then huge reward.

TBH I am not sure how I feel about this one , probably indifferent best sums my feelings up.

Gordon has been such an enigma as a player and he certainly has had his off field issues.

I guess that in many ways makes him the classic BB project.

Will be interesting to watch how this unfolds.
I've been on the Gordon to Pats train for years. Finally, I get my big chance! Mind you, it all counts for nothing if he's not able to get his life together. Hopefully the Patriots structured way of doing things and pastoral care practices aids both causes.

I've been on the Gordon to Pats train for years. Finally, I get my big chance! Mind you, it all counts for nothing if he's not able to get his life together. Hopefully the Patriots structured way of doing things and pastoral care practices aids both causes.

It’s a punt that I am comfortable with.

And let’s hope Flash has a bit of a chip on his shoulder after being cut by the Clowns .
That said I can’t blame them for finally having enough of his antics.

Gordon has elite football skills but he has very immature and disfunctional life skills .

Here’s to hoping he takes this opportunity and runs with it .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back