Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

It strikes me as a good but not great Pats lineup.

It does feel a bit like we're going through the motions, looking like a good team but not a great team.

Agree with these two comments.
We have a "Geelong " feel about us , good at home winning what we should, beating the bottom tier sides on the road in the games that we should win, the game that matter are a bit of a struggle even when we do win, we are by no means convincing.

Get the felling we will make our way into the play off's but we just wont be able to match it with the best at the pointy end of the season.

From the get go this season what we did, or should I say who we acquired in the off season was about as bland as it can be. Clayborn and Patterson have been the good gets ,but other than that there have been no world beaters.

BB always bangs on about that the season doesn't really start in earnest until after Thanksgiving, thats when you set yourselves up for a run at the playoffs, so that time has now been and gone - lets see what we deliver.

We currently sit at 8 - 3.
All the remaining games are "winable" , however I cant see that happening.

Vikings at Home 50/50...........Good test for to show where we are at.
Fins Away 50/50....................These Guys always seem to make us look crappy when we play down there :shrug:, should be a win , but no certainty.
Steelers Away L ......................We seem to play these F****** away every year :angry:.
Bills at Home W
Jets at Home W

Reckon we will finish the season 11 - 5 at worst and 12 - 4 at best.

That said BB has an uncanny knack of making something out of nothing, so there is still time for him to cast his magic over this roster and surprise us, again.:)

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Solid win built on a good defensive effort. Kept Diggs & thielen in check & got plenty of pressure on cousins.

Liked the variety of looks we gave them with Rex, Whitey & Michel & think we wore them down with that hand in the end.

Goat’s drive to put us up 17-10 using Gronk & Flash was vintage.

Down to the graveyard that is Miami next week...

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Solid win built on a good defensive effort. Kept Diggs & thielen in check & got plenty of pressure on cousins.

Liked the variety of looks we gave them with Rex, Whitey & Michel & think we wore them down with that hand in the end.

I rate that three headed HB combo really highly. Lead by White of course, but together, they make the the oppo D work so hard with so many options available to TB and McDaniels.

Overall I was really pleased with that game. Liked how Brady spread the ball and found good options. Saw him miss a couple, one would have been a TD instead of a FG, but generally it was a well managed game overall. Pats never let the game get out of hand, and against a pretty good unit in the Vikings, that's nothing to sneeze at. I like how our D side kept their side if the bargain. They were able to make sure Brady and crew didn't have to jag something out late in the game which can happen in these sorts of games.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown

Secondary is humming at the moment. Gilmore may have claims to being the best CB in the NFL right now. He's playing to a tremendously high standard. The Front Seven has been OK but it still feels like a weakness, specifically, linebacker. Hopefully, that's something addressed in the offseason as the 'almost' team, despite not feeling like a potentially great Patriots team, "almost" could be.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Secondary is humming at the moment. Gilmore may have claims to being the best CB in the NFL right now. He's playing to a tremendously high standard. The Front Seven has been OK but it still feels like a weakness, specifically, linebacker. Hopefully, that's something addressed in the offseason as the 'almost' team, despite not feeling like a potentially great Patriots team, "almost" could be.

re Gilmore; apart from the times he plays against Corey Davis, and get torched yearly ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 1, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Patriots, Dodgers, Canucks, MUFC
Not sure why Gronk was out there instead of Gordon.

But meh. I actually never expected to win down there with the team we currently have.

But to lose it that way. Kind of highlights the reason why we have been eh all year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Not sure why Gronk was out there instead of Gordon.

But meh. I actually never expected to win down there with the team we currently have.

But to lose it that way. Kind of highlights the reason why we have been eh all year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Would love to know the difference between hail mary packages - Gordon was out there for the Bears hail mary attempt

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
Gone from dropping the most F bombs before 9am in the history of mankind and to now feeling largely optimistic.

Reasons:

1. Steelers and Houston losing means our chances of the second remain the same if not more likely as there is now only 3 games left in the season.

2. Brady was great today - yes he ****ed up- yes he should have known that he has 0 timeouts- but he was great. He has largely been great since the bye 6-1 and most of all spreading that ball around.

3. Our d is not great- but we have the ability to make a play- in the second half the D looked ok. I’m not putting the last play on them that was bad coaching putting Gronk out there.

4. We are healthy - we have our 3 RBS, Gronk is playing and today played like Gronk. Edelman and Gordon are looking fantastic.

Things which need to improve and can improve (defense not in here because I don’t think they can):

1, Red zone passing 3-9 yards. Personnel needs to include Gronk, Gordon, Patterson

2. Ghost

3. James White has been quiet a few weeks now- not complaining because Brady has been playing better but there will be times he is needed across the next few weeks

4. Run game needs to be more consistent we really will need to control the play to keep the pressure of the D- 60 yards is quite simply unacceptable

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
Would love to know the difference between hail mary packages - Gordon was out there for the Bears hail mary attempt

Gronk didn’t play from memory.
Gronk is out there in all Hail Mary’s in his time that I can remember.

What kills me though is that it wasn’t Hail Mary territory no one can throw 75 yards in the league except for maybe Stafford, Flacco or Mahomes. Edelman, Slater were significantly better options it was simply a * up like Brady taking the sack

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Between Brady taking the sack on HT, Gostkowski’s FG/PAT miss & the last 16 second circus, I think it basically summarises our road woes this year. From one unit to the next, we just keep on finding ways to lose.

Too many chinks in the armour for us to be contenders this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back