Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the Josh Gordon experiment was good whilst it lasted .

Shame ............ such a waste of talent.

Wish him all the best in his life and I hope like hell that , its not going to be one of those unhappy endings.

Last edited:

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
That’s a blow losing flash.

He’d given us another dynamic in the receive corp & stretched the field for us....really thought he was our X factor going into playoffs.

Brings Dorsett into the fold now who’s no slouch, but can’t help to think the ceiling on our offense capabilities lowered now.
No doubt about it!

I don't think it would be a stretch to say he's been our most reliable pass-catcher over the last handful of games. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Patterson used more vertically now, even though that's not really his thing.

Job done this week. Now let's see a KC loss.

Got some help from the Eagles. Texans are frauds. Been jumping up and down about it all year to my mates. And now they might even lose the division.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like you got yourself an early Christmas Present. :D

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
Job done this week. Now let's see a KC loss.

Got some help from the Eagles. Texans are frauds. Been jumping up and down about it all year to my mates. And now they might even lose the division.

Yeah. I can see you guys getting the 11 wins but there is next to no chance to Raiders beat KC at Arrowhead.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Been said ad nauseam but that Miami game will cost us big time - if we had home field the whole way through the playoffs we'd be a sure thing to make the SB. This team, particularly the D, is completely different at home.

Thankfully we're only an Andy Reid brain fart away

Exactly....not sure of the permutations with divisional match ups, but I’d back Baltimore or LA to get the win there & tip the scales back in our favour.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Been said ad nauseam but that Miami game will cost us big time - if we had home field the whole way through the playoffs we'd be a sure thing to make the SB. This team, particularly the D, is completely different at home.

Thankfully we're only an Andy Reid brain fart away

Not so sure this will occur, they have a better QB this year.

We are probably facing Houston in the Divisional Round unless Houston s**t themselves then it is likely to be Ravens (given Ravens are at home to Chargers).

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots

We are probably facing Houston in the Divisional Round unless Houston s**t themselves then it is likely to be Ravens (given Ravens are at home to Chargers).
Sure, but it's Reid who manages the game.

And while Mahomes has had a great season he hasn't exactly pulled through on the biggest stage: KC went 1-5 in their prime time games, and should've lost to Denver in week 4. So while I agree their QB is a gun he's still somewhat shaky under the spotlight.

Apr 1, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Patriots, Dodgers, Canucks, MUFC
Can't complain with the 2 seed. Firmly still believe Houston are frauds. Even if they somehow magically beat the Colts @ home. No chance at NE.

And I'd rather that scenario then potentially seeing the chargers or ravens. Definitely feel both those teams could win in Arrowhead

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide

And while Mahomes has had a great season he hasn't exactly pulled through on the biggest stage: KC went 1-5 in their prime time games, and should've lost to Denver in week 4. So while I agree their QB is a gun he's still somewhat shaky under the spotlight.

Didn’t realise that prime time stat. Well the playoffs sort the big game players from the also rans. Nowhere to hide now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

Those losses were hardly Mahomes fault, he was great.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide

And on queue the Texans s**t themselves.

So it looks like either Ravens or Chargers. Not sure which I would prefer.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah. It's got nothing to do with the Colts, all about the Texans "shitting themselves"

:thumbsu:

Yes it takes two to tango but hey on your own home field, you got to better offensively and defensively. Then again this happened a couple of years ago against the Chiefs at home so it’s unsurprising.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Really - Lamar is pretty one dimensional BB will be all over him.

I’d be more worried if Joe Flukeo was starting
Mobile QBs tend to do well against the Pats, although Van Noy has shown he can spy well-enough at times. My comment wasn't specifically Lamar targeted though:
  • Ravens have a really good running game and we haven't stopped the run at any stage this year
  • When they do pass it's over the middle to their TEs. Despite the secondary being strong we have regularly struggled covering TEs this year
  • Their defence is nuts and Brady has slipped a gear this year - we're basically relying on Michel moving the chains and Brady hitting the odd PA
  • Ravens have historically come into Foxborough and done well

Nice to wake this morning to the news that the Ravens have lost.

Agree with Cockliff38 the Ravens were a threat, besides they are a festering turd 💩 of an organisation.
Spits on ground at Art Modell and his sneaky , selfish betrayal of Cleveland.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Snow expected now. Plus the travel factor is a huge advantage for us, despite their amazing road record this year.

What scares me most is Gordon and what their defence showed against the Ravens. Up until that game I would've been comfortable with White dominating their LBs in the passing game but the 7DB sets they were using against the Ravens has the potential to wreak us.

I think our secondary can handle the Charger WRs and Bill will have some stunts against their special teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back