Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty funny stuff.

Don't quite get the joke myself TBH.

Kraft's possible connection seems fairly circumstantial (if at all), but the back-story and purpose of the investigation (nothing to do with Pats/Kraft BTW) is damn serious stuff, or at least should be.

Trading for Bennett pretty much rules out Flowers coming back. Would love to bring back Dola too

We tried really hard last year to get Michael Bennett but were not able to get the deal done with the Seahawks.

Its on record that Martellus would have played on this season if he could have played in the same side as his brother................ I wonder ........ could it be.

Cutting Dwayne Allen we are very thin on TE options and I am expecting we will draft one this coming draft.

Agree that with our need for WR help , Dola would be a good option.

Could Mr Playoffs and The Black Unicorn both be suited up again for The Patriots.

Interesting times to see who we keep and who moves on.

I still have some hope that Flowers will be happy to take a few million dollars less and stay, I'd give it a 40/60 chance, odds against it but not out of the question. Don't see the Bennett signing as making much difference, more insurance than like for like replacement.

Love the idea of Dola coming back. That would be nice. Interesting thing will be for what sort of money. He was put on the FA pile because he wouldn't take a pay cut, can't see him getting anywhere near the 6mil PA his contract was at. Then again, taking a pay cut to play for the Fins and taking one to play for the Pats are two different things.

I still have some hope that Flowers will be happy to take a few million dollars less and stay, I'd give it a 40/60 chance, odds against it but not out of the question. Don't see the Bennett signing as making much difference, more insurance than like for like replacement.

Love the idea of Dola coming back. That would be nice. Interesting thing will be for what sort of money. He was put on the FA pile because he wouldn't take a pay cut, can't see him getting anywhere near the 6mil PA his contract was at. Then again, taking a pay cut to play for the Fins and taking one to play for the Pats are two different things.

Ain't happening :'( Dola just signed a 1 year deal with the Lions 4.5 guaranteed .
That a good deal..... $$$ wise for Danny got the pay check but............. he isn't going to get any glory in Detroit.

Matt Patricia rates him so he pounced early.

Ain't happening :'( Dola just signed a 1 year deal with the Lions 4.5 guaranteed .
That a good deal..... $$$ wise for Danny got the pay check but............. he isn't going to get any glory in Detroit.

Matt Patricia rates him so he pounced early.

Ah, bummer. Had my hopes up a bit on that one. That is a good deal given his age etc. Can't say I blame BB not getting involved with that sort of money ... I guess it was a bit of a stretch to think he was going to come back to the Pats for 2-3 mil which I reckon would have been as far as Pats would go.

And while hunting around, I see that Trent Brown is going to be offered the GDP of a small nation to play for the Raiders:

:eek:

I knew Trent Brown was never going to be a Patriot next season, but boy oh boy, that is big money (if true).

Logan Mankins, Nate Solder and Trent Brown owe Scarnecchia a significant debt of gratitude.

Logan Mankins, Nate Solder and Trent Brown owe Scarnecchia a significant debt of gratitude.

Got that right. If I were Raiders, I'd only be paying that sort of money if Scanecchia came with him.

Surely these other teams see that the player is good, but the Pats system is the half of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the Patriots; sitting in neutral in March, running in top gear in January when most of the league have checked out.
Typical Patriots offseason. Sit back and let the league expend stupid amounts of money meanwhile, the Pats come in and clean up plug and play value acquisitions whilst stocking compensatory draft picks.

Brandon Bolden returning.

Jason Mc re-signed for two.

We hoped for Dola, ended up with Bolden. :shrug:

That said, though nothing special in the scheme of things, always felt strange Bolden playing for the Fins. Just seems too much like a Patriots type to be anywhere else. A real 'do your job' type player.

As for the Jason version of the twins, happy with that too. Nice to have some continuity in a secondary that worked so well last season.

Some new players have been added to the Roster.

DL Mike Pennel........ will fill in for Brown.
TE Matt LaCosse.......will fill in for Allen.
WR Maurice Harris
WR Bruce Ellington
S Terrence Brooks
DE John Simon ....... being bought back.

Dorsett re-signed.

Patriots have released Adrian Clayborn after one season, not a real shock there as the money verses his production didn't balance.

Typical BB moves don't sell the farm...... yet fill in the gaps with cheap options.

Bennett is a great get.......covers Flowers.

And thus far we still retain six picks inside the first three rounds.

Last edited:
Belichick doesn't seem to be phased at all....

He never does seem to be phased.

Just watches on the first week or two of Free Agency and shakes his head and watches other teams shoot greenbacks out of a snow blower chasing high profile signatures , in order to appease their Fan Base.
Where as BB understands that the best way to do that is not with splashy money buy ins, in March, but rather by , the following February, bringing a new shiny Lombardi Trophy home every few years and making the plays on a regular basis.

While other coaches and teams are playing catch up, he is already planning and scheming new systems and plays to develop to change the way the game will be played.

Its one of the quirks of the Patriots they are hard to plan against from year to year as the Patriots team morphs into a different version of itself every year.

Thats part of the genius of BB, he has a knack of always staying ahead of the pack, in what is in many ways, a copycat league.

He never does seem to be phased.

Just watches on the first week or two of Free Agency and shakes his head and watches other teams shoot greenbacks out of a snow blower chasing high profile signatures , in order to appease their Fan Base.
Where as BB understands that the best way to do that is not with splashy money buy ins, in March, but rather by , the following February, bringing a new shiny Lombardi Trophy home every few years and making the plays on a regular basis.

While other coaches and teams are playing catch up, he is already planning and scheming new systems and plays to develop to change the way the game will be played.

Its one of the quirks of the Patriots they are hard to plan against from year to year as the Patriots team morphs into a different version of itself every year.

Thats part of the genius of BB, he has a knack of always staying ahead of the pack, in what is in many ways, a copycat league.
Oh for sure. Bill (despite his past indiscretions) I love just for that reason. I really dig that philosophical strategy of constant reinvention, and not throwing money around.

Oh for sure. Bill (despite his past indiscretions) I love just for that reason. I really dig that philosophical strategy of constant reinvention, and not throwing money around.

Yeah and there is always a team thats going to do totally stupid deals and seemingly shoot themselves in the foot.

Case in point after all the movement in and out of The Giants ( the net being they are now a much weaker team ) and yet they find that they have 33.8 million tied up in Dead Cap space........unbelievable . They get rid of OBJ and yet they keep Eli :shrug:...... But Giants fans don't fret apparently Gettleman has a plan.

Trent Brown should give Dante Scarnecchia a sizeable cut of the 66 million ( 38.75 guaranteed ) that the Raiders forked out of him.
Reality Check : That makes him the highest paid OT in the league and this is the same guy that gave up 13 QB hits, which is the third worst amongst all Tackles.

The fact that BB lets guys like Trent Brown, leave with out trying to match silly money, is an aspect of the way he manages that I appreciate and like.

Gronk retires, thanks for the memories big fella.

Could have made the decision before FA opened up though!

Who will we use that extra salary cap on now?

Not sure it would have made a huge difference really. That said, it probably will for how the upcoming draft period is going to play out.

On Gronk himself, a bit sad. A fan and personal favourite. Will be missed. Despite the drop in receiving numbers, still played a pretty good season, extreemly good play-offs and goes out on a high. Though I'd love him to go one more, smart move from the big guy I reckon.

Despite the injury issues, certainly one of the best NE players of all time, well done on the career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back