Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gonna hang our D out to dry for that last drive when our pass O was as putrid as it has been all season.

Honestly, we’re not the #2 seed or prob even the the 3rd, so WC sits ok with me. We won’t get further than the divisionals at best!

Unbelievable. Easily the worst regular season loss under BB

I guess you can’t win every year, but boy we managed to fu** up big time after an amazing start to the year
I know the schedule was much harder but still it seemed like every single area of the team got worse throughout the season except maybe the run game. And it just kept getting worse and worse. :sick:

Wtf was Gilmore on today? Absolutely awful

To busy this last fortnight pushing the reasons why he should be DPOTY.
Head space was elsewhere on matters other than the game.

Ego's out of check can be a real leveller .

Wtf was Gilmore on today? Absolutely awful

Parker is an underrated WR and this isn't the first time Fitzmagic has turned up and burned a good team, but even if you catch those two on a good day, Gilmore was absolutely smashed today in a way he shouldn't be, and he had plenty of mates. The D in general were just not switched on. Looked like they were just going through the motions, especially early. Allowed the Fins to get into the game and feel good about themselves which is exactly not what we wanted.

Brady's pick was putrid, and the lack of urgency to end the 1st half goes on BB AFAIC, those where game losing moments too.

Reckon the Pats results have been largely predictable this year, but that was NOT what I expected. At worst I thought they'd pull it out of the fire in those last 3-4 minutes - worst regular season loss for a long time.

This is nothing more than gut feeling and trying to line up the Ducks.

BUT : I think we are going to lose two key people from the organisation this post season.

We know that Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam is keen to land Josh McDaniels at the Browns.
Josh is an Ohio boy that grew up an hour from The Browns facilities.

Cleveland's interest in JMcD has been well documented.

What caught my attention this was morning ( and I was surprised by this ) is that Cleveland has parted way with GM John Dorsey.

Now history shows that its imperative for ongoing success that the Head Coach and GM be on the same page and share a strong working relationship with each other.
Most recent example of this is when the 9ers in the same move appointed Kyle Shanahan HC and John Lynch GM.

I am suspecting that if McDaniels goes to the Browns then he would go with Nick Caserio as the GM.

Its on record that Caserio ( who still had a year to run on his contract ) at the end of last year wanted out to take up the GM role with the Texans, Kraft held him to his contact and blocked the move , this did cause some bad blood between Caserio and The Patriots.

( Caserio wont be back with The Patriots in 2020 and if its not Cleveland that he joins, then it may well be The Texans, who he was almost in the door with at the end of last season......he is all but gone from Foxborough )

Caserio just happens to also be an Ohio Native.

Helps also that McDaniels and Caserio are very good mates and also have a long and strong working relationship with each other.

So joining the dots I am expecting that once we are out of the playoffs then very soon after there is an announcement that McDaniels and Caserio have joined the Cleveland Browns.

Both will be a big loss to the organisation and their departures will spark the catalysis for a comprehensive Coaching and Front Office overhaul.

Last edited:
Well the season ends with a whimper.

I’m with Romo, I don’t see Brady leaving now, we won’t find a better QB for next season, and he isn’t getting any better offers from teams.

WTF was with the 3 consecutive play calls on the 1 yard line, throw a play action slant or run a QB sneak, we could have gone up 17-7 but we didn’t even get close to scoring again after that.

not quite sure this offense can be rebuilt in one offseason, especially if MCD is off, but I’ll never doubt BB

Yeah just haven't looked close to a good team in the second half of the year, regardless of opposition. Certainly not the normal trend.

Well the season ends with a whimper.

I’m with Romo, I don’t see Brady leaving now, we won’t find a better QB for next season, and he isn’t getting any better offers from teams.

WTF was with the 3 consecutive play calls on the 1 yard line, throw a play action slant or run a QB sneak, we could have gone up 17-7 but we didn’t even get close to scoring again after that.

not quite sure this offense can be rebuilt in one offseason, especially if MCD is off, but I’ll never doubt BB

Pretty much this above.

Had our chances and didn't take them.

Mason botching up the yardage gained in the pass from Brady to Watson.... by incurring a penalty.
Jules dropping the easiest of catches.
And the biggie ........... not being able get a TD with the drive just before half time.

Now for crying out loud Bill .................... address the glaring holes in the O line in trading and in the draft.

Need two TE's and some players who can protect Brady.

So adios to J MCD and Caserio they have been great servants of the Team and I wish team both all the best in where ever they go ..... just not against us.

Just hope like hell that BB gets some more coaching options and does not just assign higher duties to his sons.
The Coaching ranks have been hit hard the last few years and we desperately need some fresh blood and ideas to reinforce the ranks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

game right there...*ing s**t

eldemans drop was icing on the cake

Hopefully Andrews & Develin come back in good order & we get a mature #1 WR & TE.

Not so sure about the void Mcd leaves though? Thought he was horrible this year, lacked creativity & could only score off gadget plays. Wtf was with that goal line s**t show before HT?? Yeah let’s run 3 x same s**t plays ffs!

Make no bones....that was the game right there & then. Tennessee knew they’d absorbed our best punch & so did we. Didn’t even look like scoring after that.

Sanu & Dorsett can get the first train out of foxboro too.

Last edited:
Outside of the obvious issues with Run D, had Handjob Bob not shat the bed, the Pats keep Brown, go on a deep playoff run and position themselves for another Super Bowl. The lack of playmakers on O cost this team a season. Hopefully, the Pats bring back Brady, go after guys like Hunter Henry/Austin Hooper and solidify the DL.

Outside of the obvious issues with Run D, had Handjob Bob not shat the bed, the Pats keep Brown, go on a deep playoff run and position themselves for another Super Bowl. The lack of playmakers on O cost this team a season. Hopefully, the Pats bring back Brady, go after guys like Hunter Henry/Austin Hooper and solidify the DL.

I very much like those two TE suggestions both players are only 25 so an enticing 5 year deal at about 10 million / year would’ve a good starting point.
That’s said both will be in high demand by all teams in the league.
Not sure how much cap space the Chargers and Falcons have .

Others have been IMO a tad harsh on Sanu and Dorsett but the reality is that we schematically were always adrift of where we should have been without a decent TE that was both a passing threat and able to block.
In hind sight we should have kept Allen. Allen and Gronkowski were very good at blocking and therefore making things a hell of a lot easier for the WR core and the run.

Also not convinced that we have an adequate LT to protect Brady’s blind side. Wynn is never healthy and Cannon is serviceable but he is much better on the right side. Given that Brady is only a pocket passing QB the inadequate pass protection for him was always going to be an issue.

Andrews back will be a big plus, but we also need to be able to resign Karass.

The whole Antonio Brown thing is interesting. No one else bothered to sign him after we cut him. I always suspected that was because the off field antics, that are currently being investigated, are worse that first indicated, let’s face it from the little that has already been leaked he really is a nasty piece of work.

And I do always get a good chuckle whenever I read the handjob Bob reference :)

I also find the reported imminent demise of the Patriots that’s in abundance in the NFL media somewhat amusing. As a friend of mine a 49ers fan said ...” you won your division, made the playoffs are still reigning SB Champs and get knocked out in week 1 of the playoffs and that’s viewed as a distasterous season and you have allegedly turned to s**t “ certainly we need some serious retweeking and adjustments but B.B. has shown over the sustained journey that he is a master at doing just that.

We have been spoilt and the unbelievable and unprecedented run of success has The Patriots now being judged and measured by a much tougher set of standards than most other teams.

Sustaining a successful culture is one of hardest things to do when you simultaneously change personnel in both players and coaches .
It’s the ability to do so that has set B.B. apart from all other coaches.
He may be one of the oldest coaches but his chameleon style of adaptation and keeping a step ahead of the pack is still a serious point of difference.

While B.B. is still maning the controls, we aren’t a spent force and will maintain our competitiveness, that’s not the crucial question, rather it’s how far we are able to go going forward with every new season.

If Brady did leave NE, Tampa wouldn't be a bad landing spot.

• Bruce Arians
  • Receiving weapons
  • Reasonably stout lines
  • Warm weather better for older bones
Tampa would just want to be sure as s**t that they are able to run the ball.

The Belichick Head Coaching Tree Grows.

O'Brien - Texans
Patricia - Lions
Flores - Fins
Vables - Titans

And now Judge - Giants.

And possibly JMD at the Browns.

As to be expected when you are a successful organisation your staff are attractive and sought after targets to be lured away.

Good luck to Joe Judge ( WR and Special Teams Coach ), poor bastard now has to put up with Gettelman.

If Brady did leave NE, Tampa wouldn't be a bad landing spot.

• Bruce Arians
  • Receiving weapons
  • Reasonably stout lines
  • Warm weather better for older bones
Tampa would just want to be sure as s**t that they are able to run the ball.
The one flying under the radar imo. Fix their secondary and they'd be legit.

Shooting Bambi here but I'd be inclined to move on from Brady (unless he takes a team friendly deal). We lucked into last year's title and he made a 2-3 throws in that entire game (albeit against a very good D). If Dee Ford doesn't line up correctly it's not even a discussion imo.

Yes he didn't have weapons, and we lost two FBs that crippled the run game, but the fact of the matter is he's a middle of the pack QB now - it would be negligent to pay him what he's asking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back