Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Just traded back into the second round.

Pick 60 Josh Uche. LB. Michigan.

Traded 71 & 87 for 60 & 129.
So two thirds for a second and a fourth.

With Collins and Van Noy gone its a need thats been addressed.

Don't know a whole lot about Uche ....... off to do some research.

David Andrews, Joe Thuney, Shaq Mason, Marcus Cannon (when fit), Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater, Devin McCourty, and Dont'a Hightower.

I should have worded it better, elite game changers. Players who have X factor that can win you games.

David Andrews (27), Joe Thuney (27), Shaq Mason (26), Marcus Cannon (when fit)(31), Julian Edelman(33), Matthew Slater(34), Devin McCourty(32), and Dont'a Hightower(30).

Most of the names you listed there aren't that. The few who once were are now on the wrong side of 30.

This team needs a huge injection of elite talent especially on the offensive side of the game.

So far we've managed to add two defensive players, one from a division 2 program and one who got not a lot of playing time at Michigan and is already injury prone.

Very underwhelming thus far.

We struggled to score with Tom Brady at times, how will we go with a young QB with next to no offensive talent around him?

Just traded back into the second round.

Pick 60 Josh Uche. LB. Michigan.

Traded 71 & 87 for 60 & 129.
So two thirds for a second and a fourth.

With Collins and Van Noy gone its a need thats been addressed.

Don't know a whole lot about Uche ....... off to do some research.

Looks like a potential sick note in the waiting.

Pats needed Linebacker and Safety help. I don't have a problem with the team addressing those needs especially if the offensive player value isn't there right now.

But it was there when we had an early pick and we still took defensive players.

Our offense is absolutely trash. Will still be trash after this draft.

Absolutely love the Dalton Keene pick he was so underrated in all the mock drafts.

Reminds me of George Kittle the way he gets yards after he is tackled.

So bang bang two TE is a row..... I like it.

Absolutely love the Dalton Keene pick he was so underrated in all the mock drafts.

Not that my opinion matters for much but I'm extremely pleased with the Patriots draft. Servicing positions of need with athletic players who apparently love playing football.

I like it too, picking up players at obvious positions of need. The safety is a bit left field, and our record of drafting DBs is pretty trash, but he's certainly an interesting prospect.

Love the B2B TE picks - worked out well the last time we picked up multiple TEs in the same draft.

I like it too, picking up players at obvious positions of need. The safety is a bit left field, and our record of drafting DBs is pretty trash, but he's certainly an interesting prospect.

Love the B2B TE picks - worked out well the last time we picked up multiple TEs in the same draft.
The Gronk/Hernandez comparisons will follow these two and although I don't expect Asiasi and Keene to replicate their success, if they can assume their TE roles and given how much Belichick loves to attack create mismatches on the field with TEs, with a returning Andrews and a relatively in tact OL, if Stidham is the guy, things could get interesting on O very quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pats have had probably the most underrated draft. Filled a lot of holes that've been left open with recent departures, and then building the foundations for a young-QB friendly offence - you can see where they're going there

Setting up for an even bigger offseason next year with a ton of cap room. I think this will be a bridge year for the Pats but a still competitive one of course

A Kicker with the 5th rounder 😠 .............. you know that you have a head scratcher, a WTF, when a player selected doesn't even have a NFL picture or profile to put up against their name.

Would have thought that Justin Rohrwasser would have still been around for our last pick in the sixth.

Anyway second year in a row that we spend a 5th on a Kicker.

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

A very inauspicious day three thus far.

Feel pretty flat after that fiasco.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Have now taken a Chill Pill, was pretty f******* angry after the pick was called.

Did some research on Rohrwasser, big dude built like a Punter not a Kicker 6.3 and 230 very long kick on him.
Last season Field Goals attempts 19 from 21, Extra Point 35/36. Apparently kicks well is inclement conditions and able to convert from distance.

We did need a kicker but using a 5th round pick still grinds me.

To summarise the Draft Picks:

37. Kyle Dugger. S
06. Josh Uche. LB
87. Anfernee Jennings. DE
91. Devin Asiasi. TE
101. Dalton Keene. TE
159. Justin Rohrwasser. K
182. Michael Onwenu. OL
195. Justin Herron. OL
204. Dassh Malula. LB
230. Dustin Woodard. OL

Plugged some holes on the O & D line plus we bolstered the much needed TE position.

Stidham is our man and he obviously has the backing of BB and Josh McD.

Added some genuine speed and athleticism to the list while addressing areas of need. 8/10 IMO.

Last edited:
Patriots have signed the following Undrafted Free Agents.

Edit: I have added in Red where Gill Brandt rates the UDFA in their position by ranking.

LB. De'Jon Harris. Arkansas. 5011 234 # 4 :whitecheck: :whitecheck:

IMO - ( This guy has quick feet, players don't side step him as he is hard go get around, big hitter and his tackles stick. Surprised that we took Dassh Malula in the main draft before Harris. EVERY year for the last 20 years a player from the Patriots UDFA class has made it on to the final roster..... this guy will give this trend a good go. Watch the tape of him in the game against the Crimson Tide where he puts Tua Tagoviloa on his arse and makes life difficult for him, Harris stacked up against the best. Think this kid will be a steal. )

WR. Will Hastings. Auburn 5.11 175 # 28
TE. Rashod Berry. Ohio State 6.3 263
WR. Isaiah Zuber. Mississippi State 5.11 184 # 31
QB. J'Mar Smith Louisiana 6.0 228
DT. Bill Murray. Williams & Mary 6.4 280
CB. Myles Bryant. Washington 5.7 183
WR. Sean Riley. Syracuse 5.8 183
RB. J.J. Taylor. Arizona 5.5 185 # 11
LB. Kyahra Tezino. San Diego State 6.0 235 # 8 :whitecheck:
DE. Nick Coe. Auburn 6.5 280 # 1 :whitecheck:

Added 27.04

QB. Brian Lewerke. Michigan State 6.3 216 # 4 :whitecheck:
WR. Jeff Thomas. Miami 5.9 70
DE. Trevon Hill. Miami. 6.3 248
# 7 :whitecheck:
TE. Jake Burt. Boston College. 6.3 260
DT. Courtney Wallace Jr. Louisiana Tech. 6.2 305.

Last edited:
Sick of the negative reviews from the media on our draft results.

They are aware that we lost other players not named Tom Brady right? * me, I am very pleased with the draft and happy we showed backing (for now) in a player already within our system. Sure the draft could of gone differently, but giving us fails because we didnt address the QB position? Give me strength.

They are aware that we lost other players not named Tom Brady right? fu** me, I am very pleased with the draft and happy we showed backing (for now) in a player already within our system. Sure the draft could of gone differently, but giving us fails because we didnt address the QB position? Give me strength.

Don't get too stressed BLA60 its just sensationalist journalism and it's a easy target to throw some s**t at a team that's ( Unless your a member of The Patriot Nation ) most likely caused their team some grief and pain over the last 20 years.
Like they say jealousy and envy is an incurable disease.

Not all media are bagging the Patriots.

I listened to Lance Zierlein and Money Smith when asked if the Patriots need to add a veteran QB for the start of the season.
Both said NO lets see what Stidham has to offer, give him a season and then reassess .
Both said that at his combine they watched him and his arm was as good as any QB on show at the Combine.
The kids got talent and what a great opportunity it is to show it.

They then said he was impressive at Baylor, but when he transferred to Auburn it was a circus of a program and that set Stidham back.

I am happy to give JS a chance to ply his wares.

Just remember that very few of theses so called experts in the media have a Super Bowl ring ........ a few do but none have 8 of them.
BB has six with the Patriots and two with the Giants.

As BB is often heard saying " I build teams I don't accumulate talent. "

The Patriots aren't interested in winning The Draft they chase much bigger titles, this is what they win.

download-17.jpg

And this is the prize that the players get to enjoy when they play for BB.

download-18.jpg

Negative Reviews on our drafting... yawn, yawn .......... Water off a Duck Back and all that.

Last edited:

They are aware that we lost other players not named Tom Brady right? fu** me, I am very pleased with the draft and happy we showed backing (for now) in a player already within our system. Sure the draft could of gone differently, but giving us fails because we didnt address the QB position? Give me strength.
One of two scenarios is going to unfold: 1) Stidham shows everyone he has the makings of being a franchise QB and is worth persevering with or 2) Stidham sucks and the Patriots could be in a position to land a Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields type. The rebuild has me intrigued and I'm looking forward to seeing if the next generation can forge its own identity.

Belichick hits a heck of a lot in the draft (he also misses a heck of a lot) but that's because drafting is an inexact science, one that doesn't account for heart. Also, I care little for what media personalities say or think, like casual fans at home, they may be a little more informed but ultimately, their projections are just guesses.

Hard to believe. Anyway, the Pats signed Udfa Lewerke (who isnt that good)

-----

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said the team failing to draft a quarterback "wasn't by design."
The Patriots emerged from draft weekend with second-year fourth-rounder Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer still atop the depth chart. "If we feel like we find the right situation, we'll certainly draft them," Belichick said. "We've drafted them in multiple years, multiple points in the draft. Didn't work out the last three days. That wasn't by design." It's hard to believe the Pats will move forward with Stidham as Tom Brady's unquestioned replacement, though he did have a nice 2019 preseason after his disappointing final year at Auburn. The Pats clearly have some degree of comfort after passing on quarterbacks in both the draft and a deep free agent class.
SOURCE: ESPN
Apr 26, 2020, 10:12 AM ET

Patriots signed Michigan State QB Brian Lewerke.
A three-year starter and team captain at Michigan State, Lewerke (6'2/213) first put his name on the map with 2017 Holiday Bowl MVP honors and eventually walked away as the only Spartan in school history to record more than 8,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing. He'll have his fans at the next level given his large hands (10 5/8") and cannon arm, but Lewerke will ultimately have to prove that his lack of production in both his junior (2,224 yards from scrimmage) and senior (career-high 13 picks) seasons were merely coincidence. Scouts say he impressed during the interview portion of the draft process, but his tape still shows unreliable decision-making, including double-digit fumbles in three consecutive seasons. It will be tough for him to stick on with New England (even with the lack of competition there) unless he improves those latter traits.
Apr 26, 2020, 5:19 PM ET

The draft is one area where it's more than fine to not have the "In Bill We Trust" mindset.

He doesn't have anything special of a record when it comes to drafting.

I'll give him his dues in that he knows how to find some defensive talent, but on the other side of the coin he's got a very average record for identifying and drafting elite offensive players.

James Develin has retired.

Great career cut short by injury.
A very underrated player out side of New England.

Joins a short list of players that retire a three time Super Bowl winning Player.

Great servant of the Organisation.

Goes out a player who really epitomises the Patriot Way:

Do Your Job.

And he did it very well.

👏👏👏👏

Last edited:
James Develin has retired.
Oh wow. Love Dev, the neck injury must've been severe.

Makes even more sense why we've gone TE heavy in the draft. I must say the back-up/international FB that played a few games last year looked pretty handy. Hope he's healthy and still in our plans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back