Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tom Brady Shows Serious Class Post Game...

I can not be responsible for your lack of comprehension skills. Maybe I should have just said for you to give yourself a good ballwashing then you might have understood (since you regard this as appropriate game day commentary).

But just for the PhD candidate and to paint the "logical connect":

- you called out Brady as classless, I called you out for the thread you started regarding the Saints playoff failures. Your timing of the thread, the way you presented it and the loose facts you included made it classless. See the connection?

- what gives you the right to call out any poster about the "crap" they post? This might not be SportsCenter (thank God!) but it serves as a valuable place for those people who have a geniune and growing interest in the game to learn from. What gives you the right to hold this holier than thou attitude?

Because I'm smarter than you. :D

as the loser picked up his helmet and walked straight off the field after the loss. I've watched Peyton Manning suck up his pride year after year after losing to the Pats in the playoffs and go shake hands with Brady after the game and wish him luck in the Super Bowl. How does Brady return this courtesy? He walks off the field immediately after his interception like a spoiled brat..

http://msn.foxsports.com - front page Brady shaking hands with Manning and Dungy on the field ??

Did you expect him to shake hands with Manning with a play left because I'm thinking it might have been embarrassing if he stayed on the field after the interception and shook Manning's hand prior to that final play

1st-10-Ind45 Pass Tom Brady pass intended for Benjamin Watson INTERCEPTED by Marlin Jackson and returned to the Ind41. Tackled by Nick Kaczur.

Colts ball, 0:16
1st-10-Ind41 Rush Peyton Manning rush for a loss of 1 yard.

Considering where he went to school I think Brady is very classy.

as the loser picked up his helmet and walked straight off the field after the loss. I've watched Peyton Manning suck up his pride year after year after losing to the Pats in the playoffs and go shake hands with Brady after the game and wish him luck in the Super Bowl. How does Brady return this courtesy? He walks off the field immediately after his interception like a spoiled brat.

The Belicheck acts like an emo crybaby in his CBS post game interview.

And Brady's post game made me want to vomit.

Manning spends his post game praising Brady and talking about how everything had to go right, its hard to beat the Pats, don't leave too much time on the clock for a QB as great as Brady at the end of the game, yada, yada, yada.

Then upon Brady's post game, he stands up there and says, "yeah, there an ok team, but we just left too many plays on the field." Yeah, nobody could possibly beat you Mr. Brady. Losing was only due to your own mistakes. And I enjoyed him throwing his team under the bus without directly saying it. Class act there, Tom.

I hope this will finally expose Tom for the man that I and danielz_23 realize him to be. A spoiled brat, horrid sport, shady bitch that is only happy when he is on the cover of GQ, having his balls massaged and winning.

I find it amazing that an Essendon supporter goes on a rant like this. Remember Hird post match in the 2001 grand final ????

Re: Tom Brady ... NFL's # 1 whipping boy

I've still got a few minutes before I've OUTTA here...

Just to add to Tom Brady's poor sportsmanship...I've found this amusing cartoon about the great man.. enjoy :)

[YOUTUBE]fKtLtmKR4Pw[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Tom Brady ... NFL's # 1 whipping boy

I would have to agree that Brady and Belichick are two of the modern day greats on the field of battle. However, when it comes to sportsmanship, Belichick especially is a baby, a pseudo-Lombardi, a wannabe-Lombardi who wishes he had that aura. Brady is generally a decent personality, but I think he has been spoilt by success because it shows when he loses. He isn't a complete oaf, but I guess he just expects/demands nothing but victory, glory, success from himself (and drummed into him by Belichick) that he gets too filthy when he loses to remember to show sportsmanship and respect from time to time.

Brady is from Cali, and had a 'humble' College career, and 6th round draft pick. It's not in him to be such a baby. Had a good father figure, and ethic of hard work and perserverance. But Belichick grew up mainly in Masachusetts and Conneticut, which explains a lot. It's always wrong to generalize, but people from those areas are generally stuck up, silver spoon types. One only has to look at how the Bostonites behaved all week leading up to the game against the Colts to see how their brains tick. They mainly disrespected the Colts, Manning, his family, putting down the south, and showed almost no wariness of the Colts. They have all been spoilt by the recent success of the Patriots (and Red Sox) after decades of sporting mediocrity.

All they needed was something to go to their heads and they'd take it there in a hurry and bleed every last drop out of it. Thumbing their noses at the rest of the NFL (teams and communities) in the process.

Belichick is the biggest baby when he loses. He has shown it whenever it happens. Having a record just below Lombardi he is too fixated on naming his own immortality instead of allowing history to name it for him. I love the hunger to win, never give up, attitude, but only if at the end of the day you can take it like a man post-match. I am sure that pre-game and mid-game both Belichick and Brady never underestimated Manning/Colts, it's just the post-match giving credit where credit is due (admitting you got outplayed/outthought) instead of taking it like no one can, should or would beat you if you were less injured, less fatigued, made less errors. It's like they think (in this instance especially) that if they just did what they usually do then they are invincible, that the other team didn't put them in a position to make errors, or forced errors out of them.

When Brady threw that intercept, the expression on his face was kind of suprised. As tho in his head he literally said, "What? That's something that's never happened to me before, being intercepted on a potential game winning drive, I was expecting to make it happen once again because I thought I was destined to out-do Montana."

Their guts will be wrenching all night over that lost game, and one can only hope the Patriots have a couple of sub-500 years ahead of them.

The Colts and Manning and the community of Indianapolis all week were generally being very humble and respectful. I don't particularly like the Mannings or the Colts, but the Indy sports following folk are generally ok.

Patriot WR possibly out for year

Apparently Chad Jackson tore his ACL in the AFC championship game and could miss a large portion of 2007, if not the whole year. Does this impact the way the Patriots should look at FA and the draft, considering who was starting in the playoffs (Caldwell and Gaffney - both street FA pickups last year)

Re: Patriot WR possibly out for year

Apparently Chad Jackson tore his ACL in the AFC championship game and could miss a large portion of 2007, if not the whole year. Does this impact the way the Patriots should look at FA and the draft, considering who was starting in the playoffs (Caldwell and Gaffney - both street FA pickups last year)

NE have 2 first round picks this year, and most mocks have them taking a WR anyway. With this news you can almost guarantee it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Are the Patriots Super Human?

Super Human, Don't know about that.....They look impressive I must say...

This is just a look over the Pats roster for the coming season...

Last seasons top recievers were Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, and Troy Brown and this team was only 4 points away from playing in the superbowl. Now add WR Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Kelley Washington and TE Kyle Brady to the offense, it already beats a lot of teams... On paper...

Some may say, well this offseason they lost Dillon, so the running game will suffer... But remember Maroney was playing with a messed up shoulder during the second half of the season, first half of the year Maroney was smokin until he got hurt. Dillon looked like a busted ass clydesdale with three legs during most of the playoffs. Our running game was a lot of the time relying on Kevin Faulk, who I think is pretty good value.. we added Sammy Morris to the backfield who I rate as a solid backup. So IMO I don't see much decline from the running game, if any.

The only possible major weakness is the CB position, with Samuel likely to holdout till mid - late season.. We'll be relying on Ellis Hobbs, Tory James, Randall Gay and Chad Scott at CB.. If Asante decides to sign the franchise tender.. That'll take concern away from CB... But time will tell I guess....

At Safety we have a fit Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson who were injured for the most part of last year.. Theres also James Sanders, Artrell Hawkins (solid backup) along with rookie, Brandon Merriweather... But obviously a fit Harrison, would be first choice, but the chances of that happening for the whole season are slim... Sanders was a great replacement last year. So if (when lol) Rodney breaks down, we have a great backup.
I have a feeling Merriweather will start the season at FS, ahead of Wilson and Hawkins.. He was a beast at Miami U.

Linebackers were sound last year... But getting old.....Tedy Bruschi was playing with a cast around a broken wrist all season, he's healthy at the moment so expect more out of him.. Theres also new Pats LB Adalius Thomas who will float around taking a lot of the load.... At mini camp, Belichick was placing Thomas at inside LB along side Tedy opposed to his more natural outside LB position... Vrabel and Colvin were on the outside.... I would expect to see Seau and Tedy sharing the ILB duties. Thomas will be used all over this D.. Look out for a big year out of Colvin...

The positions QB, Oline and Dline are among the best in the league...

On paper this team should be the superbowl fav.....Remember, this team isn't getting any younger, and injury along with attitude problems will change things dramatically...

Could be another exciting season for Pats fans, bring it on I say...

Oh puhlease, how many more exciting seasons can the Patriots fans want?! You've had your dynasty, now it's time to hand the keys to another team in the Superbowl merry-go-round.

We'll take another one.....;)

New%20Picture.bmp

Loaded question as the thread title implies. The benchmark team no doubt. Can they be beaten? Depends on the opposition PRESSURE really. A dead cert play-off team... look out for my other dead cert play-off destined teams, RED CIRCLE SPECIALS, coming up in the season lead up.

Brady? We easily take care of him.

But I agree the Pats will be strong this year, I'd expect them to make the AFC playoff again.

Champ Bailey's BIG PICK in the endzone in the 2005/6 play-offs was the clincher...who will Champ be covering next time?

Pats vs Bolts is the AFC championship expectation, make no mistake so the pressure is well & truly on these two heavyweights... I'm counting on 'overzealous' plays from either team to allow the Steelers to overstep either team to Glendale AZ.. :D

Burning question is which teams will be the spoilers??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back