Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

If this is in fact true this could help that O!
Surely after the NFL made a mockery of its on justice system with the Tyreek Hill debacle they can’t give Gordon a hard time.......oh wait he plays for the patriots odds are he’s reinstatement gets denied or he gets reinstated with an 8 week suspension! If luck breaks our way though and he is reinstated, Demaryius Thomas recovers (he is over 30 though) but a wide receiver core of Gordon, Jules and Thomas looks better than what we’ve had in the past!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots

If this is in fact true this could help that O!
Surely after the NFL made a mockery of its on justice system with the Tyreek Hill debacle they can’t give Gordon a hard time.......oh wait he plays for the patriots odds are he’s reinstatement gets denied or he gets reinstated with an 8 week suspension! If luck breaks our way though and he is reinstated, Demaryius Thomas recovers (he is over 30 though) but a wide receiver core of Gordon, Jules and Thomas looks better than what we’ve had in the past!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Odds of Gordon coming good and, more the point, staying good for the season is small. Like last year, anything Pats get from him will be a bonus - but what a bonus!!

And as if there aren't enough banged up recycled players on the list, Pats added another:

Straight to the PUP list apparently. Not sure what will come of it. Not only another receiver with LTI history, but another biggish one too.

IMG_20190809_110345.jpg

How....how?

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I know it's only preseason but hard not to be impressed by some of our rookies. As anticipated it's looking like a good draft, Williams and Winovich were extremely impressive on D yesterday. Stidham looks composed and has good timing not to mention that beautiful back shoulder pass, still against lower level competition but it's all ou can ask for at such an early stage. Harris looked pretty good in both the run and pass game, I wasn't sure what he's contribution would be but itlooks like he's going to push for some snaps and be more than just insurance. Cowart also had that huge sack on the first series of the game against the starting O-line which was a nice play. Again it's only early but alot of guys showing that they are a cut above the second stringers which is all you can hope for in preseason action.

Without being spectacular I liked what Stidham showed , his short range passes are very good and he seems to have picked up the play book quickly.
I think come the end of this season he replaces Hoyer as the backup.
Winovich ..... was rapped when we drafted him , Love his high motor and zest for the contest, once B.B. works how to best utilise his skill set , we are going to to have one seriously disruptive player on the team.

Have been impressed with our rookies and that bodes well for the competition for the final roster spots.

Meyers has been a real revelation , Harris I always suspected was going to be a steal.

Thrill that Flash Gordon has been reinstated, big IF I know but IF he stays clean then the receiving crew is loaded with lots of different option for TB12 to exploit.

Rebuilding and contending in the same year ...... lol..... I know hard to be humble when your a Patriot Fan .

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Is Gordon training with the team?

We'll find out this week.

Seems to be mixed reports out there. But the official word is he's been placed on non-football injury list and they'll make a call in the next few days or so whether they'll take him off. So as we sit right now; no he wont be training with the team yet.

If they don't take him off NFI before final squad cuts, he's effectively on the IR and wont be eligible to play first 6 weeks of regular seaason (I think that's right).

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Who am I to judge the great BB, but is Josh Gordon even worth bothering with anymore?
I think so. Our offense was completely different with him in it, especially once he and Brady developed some repore. He became invaluable on 3rd down as the season progressed because they started running him on slant and in routes as opposed to him just running Go's every down. I think the reason the Patriots went after so many big receivers was to replicate him in the offense assuming he wasn't coming back. Could crash and burn but I think the risk/outlay is so minimal it's a no brainer.

I think so. Our offense was completely different with him in it, especially once he and Brady developed some repore. He became invaluable on 3rd down as the season progressed because they started running him on slant and in routes as opposed to him just running Go's every down. I think the reason the Patriots went after so many big receivers was to replicate him in the offense assuming he wasn't coming back. Could crash and burn but I think the risk/outlay is so minimal it's a no brainer.

Fair enough. I guess I didn't see enough of your games when he started producing last year, was very slow out of the gate wasn't he? Or was I dreaming?

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Fair enough. I guess I didn't see enough of your games when he started producing last year, was very slow out of the gate wasn't he? Or was I dreaming?
Yeah you are right he was very slow out of the gates, I think it was a bit of a feeling out process with him, Brady and McDaniels trying to work out how he fits best. I can't quite remember but at the time I think he's first four games he ran go routes on like 80% of his snaps or something stupid then after a few games his routes expanded and he started being effective.

Back