Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

A.B signs with the Pats! This is the biggest risk/reward move in history! Let’s hope it pays off

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Randy Moss revisited.

Dang that Brady sure got himself some new toys.

As OC and Head Coaches around the league just doubled up with their supplies of toilet paper and adult diapers.

A cell phone just starts ringing at Foxborough and Gronk .... wants to speaks to BB and tells him that he is starting to get excited as he feels the competitive juices start to flow again......

" Hey Coach... its Gronk here........ we could be one of the greatest offensives in NFL History..... with Tommy, Jules, Flash Gordon , Thomas and now AB and myself. You still got that 87 jersey for me to wear ?"

Meanwhile the Powers to be at The Buffalo, The Jets and The Fins head quarters ........ just scream collectively :eek: .... WTF just happened.

Bring it on .......... :p:):):)

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Going to be super interesting to see how he handles our system though.

He's going to have to learn humble very quickly.
AB's route tree suggests to me he understands football and he'll be fine it's more seeing the field how Brady does and moving into soft parts of the D where the ball will be that matters.

I'm on the fence with this move. It legitimately makes the Pats O unstoppable but it also rewards diva behaviour and significantly weakens the Raiders' ability to create havoc in the West for us. Also, it affirms the only thing that matters in the NFL is winning. The Pats are no different.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
AB's route tree suggests to me he understands football and he'll be fine it's more seeing the field how Brady does and moving into soft parts of the D where the ball will be that matters.

I'm on the fence with this move. It legitimately makes the Pats O unstoppable but it also rewards diva behaviour and significantly weakens the Raiders' ability to create havoc in the West for us. Also, it affirms the only thing that matters in the NFL is winning. The Pats are no different.

I guess we as a fan base can probably worry less about how his personality will impact the squad because there's a lot of strong people in the organisation.

Obviously the coaching side of things is well documented but we also have a lot of long serving highly respected team Captains that anyone pulling any diva kind of garbage will be put in their place pretty quickly.

Added we just know Bob Kraft will probably make him feel super welcome, wanted and valued to stroke his ego.

I guess we as a fan base can probably worry less about how his personality will impact the squad because there's a lot of strong people in the organisation.

Obviously the coaching side of things is well documented but we also have a lot of long serving highly respected team Captains that anyone pulling any diva kind of garbage will be put in their place pretty quickly.

Added we just know Bob Kraft will probably make him feel super welcome, wanted and valued to stroke his ego.

Good post. ✅

We all know its not without some very real risks and could go pear shaped.

That said its a gamble I think worth taking.

It's a quality addition from a playing perspective and makes the team much better and stronger.

Only time will tell if its a master stroke or a poor decision.

If BB gets it wrong its not the end of the world, however if Brown is able to adopt and embrace The Patriot Way, it would go a long way to helping deliver another Lombardi Trophy.

Lets be honest The Patriots collect Trophies and if they have to embrace a malcontent to do so they have historically never hesitated to do so.

This move has high reward and IMO warrants letting it play out.

No one thought that Randy Moss would be able to adjust to The Patriot Way and look how that worked out, like wise Martellus Bennett was a malcontent odd ball yet BB harnessed his talent to make his a SB winner.

BB has winning form on turning players like Brown around.

The balls well and truly in Antonio Brown's court now, what we do know is that he is ego and success driven and that may just be the fuel he needs to want to shove it up the Raiders and Steelers....and as they say revenge is dish best served cold.

Last edited:
He never wanted to be at the raiders but could not get to the pats straight up. His whole pre season was designed to get himself released so he could get where he wanted to go. Have to credit his agent on playing the long game.

IMG_20190908_121416.jpg

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Good post. ✅

It's a quality addition from a playing perspective and makes the team much better and stronger.

If BB gets it wrong its not the end of the world, however if Brown is able to adopt and embrace The Patriot Way, it would go a long way to helping deliver another Lombardi Trophy.

Lets be honest The Patriots collect Trophies and if they have to embrace a malcontent to do so they have historically never hesitated to do so.

No one thought that Randy Moss would be able to adjust to The Patriot Way and look how that worked out, like wise Martellus Bennett was a malcontent odd ball yet BB harnessed his talent to make his a SB winner.

The balls well and truly in Antonio Brown's court now, what we do know is that he is ego and success driven and that may just be the fuel he needs to want to shove it up the Raiders and Steelers....and as they say revenge is dish best served cold.

Moss and Bennnett comparisons are interesting. I suspect I'm suffering from recency bias, but ABrown just seems on a whole other level of immature diva - Moss at least did the worst of his stuff when he was young (that's my vague recollection). AB is 31 years old FFS.

Convince me Pats fans. I know he's a talent, but they guy has acted like a complete dick head and not just since going to the Raiders either.

I just hope BB and the captains stay firm with him. Any BS and kick his prima dona arse on the street.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Good post. ✅

Added Brown and his agent have to know that reputation means s**t to BB and that if Brown doesn't pull his weight and tow the company line they'll cut him in as quick a time as they signed him.

Unlike Gordon who I suspect has someone high up who really likes the guy and wants him to get well and succeed Brown doesn't have that currency in Mass.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Moss and Bennnett comparisons are interesting. I suspect I'm suffering from recency bias, but ABrown just seems on a whole other level of immature diva - Moss at least did the worst of his stuff when he was young (that's my vague recollection). AB is 31 years old FFS.

Convince me Pats fans. I know he's a talent, but they guy has acted like a complete dick head and not just since going to the Raiders either.

I just hope BB and the captains stay firm with him. Any BS and kick his prima dona arse on the street.

I think the difference is he'll soon work out there are no favourites under BB.

He can't go there thinking he's the best or most important player because Brady is there.

His last few teams I'm sure that's what he thought.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
I think the difference is he'll soon work out there are no favourites under BB.

He can't go there thinking he's the best or most important player because Brady is there.

His last few teams I'm sure that's what he thought.

I reckon he that's what he thinks here too - the difference is he's not going to be treated like that, where he was at the Steelers (until SS started showing him up a bit) and initially at the Raiders until they'd finally had enough of his stupidity.

BTW, agree with your previous post. Gordon and AB are different situations all together IMHO. I've got no problem with Gordon being given his '2nd chance(s)' this season - AB I don't want to be given any 2nd chance. It's the Patriot way or the highway from the get go.

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Added Brown and his agent have to know that reputation means s**t to BB and that if Brown doesn't pull his weight and tow the company line they'll cut him in as quick a time as they signed him.

Unlike Gordon who I suspect has someone high up who really likes the guy and wants him to get well and succeed Brown doesn't have that currency in Mass.
I completely agree but the currency he does hold in Mass is $9 million in guaranteed money! I know at the end of the day money is just money and not worth putting a whole team in jeopardy to get something back from your investment but in the same light teams don't often just part ways with guaranteed money quickly especially a team as frugal and economical minded as BBs Pats

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Pats scoring Brown looks like a good move. Then again, he is a *en head case.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Wonder who we'll cut.

PD has the TD tonight and has been a solid piece of the puzzle over the journey, Meyers was the star of the pre-season and had a good grab tonight and Gunner, who they made room for, has looked great on punt return. DT also flashed in the pre-season but is probably the most likely to be cut, imo.

Good win and a solid start to the season .

That D is looking good.

Dorset with a pair of TD’s , a first for him as a Patriot.

Nice to see Gordon get the opening TD.
Fingers crossed with him as he is just such an asset .

33 points to 3 , you would take that any day of the week.

Back