Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we're going to have an extremely good team this season. We're incredibly lucky fans.

Agree on both comments.

Can you smell the fear .... as Robert Kraft said “ envy and jealousy is an incurable disease “.

Already had the “ it’s not fair “ bitching at work from the picking up AB situation..... told them you can’t blame players for wanting to go to a winning culture.
Of course that comment went down well lol.

WOW that D is seriously good! and still to add Van Noy.

Loved Wynn's game too! with the WR's we have and TB's movement in the pocket if Wynn can hold up on that left side we should always be able to move the ball through the air. Can't see too many secondaries in the league that will cope with what we can do! Should be another great season but very different to last, hopefully not a different result.

Not the point but I ******* love our 2RB sets.

Same.

The whole RB by committee as they call it plus one of the best FB in the league, a position pats use super well, is a winner. Lots of variation and options that goes a long way to covering the hole left by Gronk too.

I'd take what we do over the gazillions of dollars thrown at one super star RB that some teams are doing - a position that gets easily banged up too.

Tuesday The Patriots have traded Demaryius Thomas to The Jets for a 2021 sixth round pick.

Things in the WR department got a bit crowded with the arrival of Antonio Brown.

Interestingly thats the first trade that the Patriots / Jets have done since BB's one day stint as HC at the Jets in 2000.

Move makes some sense as I was thinking where the acquisition of AB put Thomas in the scheme of things.

Good bit of business by BB as Thomas was on a one year 6 million deal , so that is now freed up to go towards AB's 9 million signing on guaranteed money.

So BB has traded the Commodore in for a BMW...... nice.

Last edited:
Hope none of that Brown money is guaranteed.
Having read a timeline of allegations and the fact he's countersuing in a civil case dictates the apparent attempt at extorting him with fake sexual assault allegations seems rather ludicrous. More importantly, what in the hell is her legal team thinking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having read a timeline of allegations and the fact he's countersuing in a civil case dictates the apparent attempt at extorting him with fake sexual assault allegations seems rather ludicrous. More importantly, what in the hell is her legal team thinking?
Wonder if those emails a genuine then?

I don't think the fact he is countersuing her makes it any less likely he is guilty. Of course it is in his incentive to do that.

Well, I went and read* the emails in question and the official documents made public ...

Reckon it doesn't look good for the either party TBH. I don't think the accusers position looks anything like clear cut, but there's prob enough for AB to end up on the exemptions list which would end his Pats adventure before itt began.

Either way you cut it, after going through that, what I was convinced of (as if needed) is AB is your stereotypical US mega sports star dumbass.

* A stretch of that word when it comes to AB's email.

Last edited:
Well, I went and read* the emails in question and the official documents made public ...

Reckon it doesn't look good for the either party TBH. I don't think the accusers position looks anything like clear cut, but there's prob enough for AB to end up on the exemptions list which would end his Pats adventure before itt began.

Either way you cut it, after going through that, what I was convinced of (as if needed) is AB is your stereotypical US mega sports star dumbass.

* A stretch of that word when it comes to AB's email.
The NFL will begin walking down a slippery slope if it starts suspending players for civil issues. I don't imagine the NFLPA will take kindly to that. Mind you, this woman's story is unraveling fast (with the videos and what not).

FTR, I have no issue with people thinking AB is a piece of s**t but innocent.

The AB situation is unraveling quickly. The NFLPA will have a field day if the league trys to throw him on the exempt list.

There are reasons to do it and not to do it. But I think we just need to wait for more information before making a decision.

I think people are hoping the Patriots list him inactive. But I feel that if the Patriots have enough evidence of foul play. They will just cut him. Until then, full expectation to suit up.

BB played a straight bat today as usual, and I'm sure AB appreciates that.

----

On a side note. Loving the underrated defence because the media still isn't giving it just coverage.

A very solid core that won't give too many scores I feel.

But as usual, no noise about them. Which I am happy with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

43 :nflpatriots: :nfllions: 0

Pretty much say's it all, comprehensively dismantled Miami.

That said nice to go down to the Fins and come away with a emphatic win.

OT Isaiah Wynn out early with another foot injury. :( Cunningham filled in at LT.

Foot Note : Fins are a rabble.

Edited Foot Note : Lovely to see The Donkeys gone down at home to The Bears, with a Bears field goal with 2 seconds left. :)

Last edited:
43 :nflpatriots: :nfllions: 0

Pretty much say's it all, comprehensively dismantled Miami.

That said nice to go down to the Fins and come away with a emphatic win.

OT Isaiah Wynn out early with another foot injury. :( Cunningham filled in at LT.

Foot Note : Fins are a rabble.

Edited Foot Note : Lovely to see The Donkeys gone down at home to The Bears, with a Bears field goal with 2 seconds left. :)
Strange to come away from a comprehensive drubbing feeling like had the Dolphins receivers held their catches and a few bounces of the ball not gone the Pats way, the game could have potentially been a lot tighter. Good thing is, there's some great coaching moments to come out of that game and honestly, it was a win in Miami.

One thing that stands out through two games (three if you include the Super Bowl) is the Pats front 7 is playing with far more penetration than I can ever remember.

I'm not sure how much you can actually take from that game. Miami are completely useless.

Having said that the D is looking good. Love the aggressive calling too. Lost count of the sacks...

I'm not sure how much you can actually take from that game. Miami are completely useless.

Having said that the D is looking good. Love the aggressive calling too. Lost count of the sacks...

I don't think anybody is getting too ahead of themselves on that showing. At the moment we're looking the bomb, but I don't think you can make much of a call for a few weeks yet.

Offence is going to continue to have questions going forward. The OL is obviously being stretched now. A better defensive might show it up, though Scarnecchia will always get the best out of it. And who knows how long Gordon and AB can be realied upon to suit up. Both could be 'healthy scratchings' at any moment.

On the plus side, I'm enjoying Dorsett more and more. The guy goes where Brady wants him, has speed and catches the ball even in tough situations. He doesn't overplay the possession, remains healthy and is basically baggage free. He's my highlight for the first two weeks. He's no super-star of course, but I'm growing to like him more all the time.

Last edited:
Wynn has been placed on IR.

Hope Cannon can get himself healthy and fast, as right now that OL has taken some injury hits and is IMO the one major concern going forward.
That said BB has a way of picking over other teams castoffs to address real needs then getting Scar to get them system and match ready.

We are not going to get that much on an indication just where we are in the grand scheme of things this week either, as the Jets are in a bit of a tail spin.

Falk will be their QB this week, poor bloke our D will make a meal out of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back