Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
I reckon that game is almost a positive. We could not have shat the bed any more but it's not like KC were just marching into the end zone unopposed on drive after drive.

If we play them again this year I give us a decent chance at full strength.

good teams win those games, we arent

Nobody is good when Hoyer starts at qb. Stidham not much better outside the nice pass to Harry for the td. His touch and radar deep was terrible.

Defense played great other than not holding onto easy picks from Mahomes. Cost them points each time , one fg and one td.

BB took Fat Andy to school, his players (qbs in particular) let him down.

They need Cam back desperately.

Will take that score line with out the Mad Hatter.

Was expecting a lot worse.

Says more about the Chiefs that they were not able to win by more.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Pats are 1 dumb Josh McDaniels playcall and COVID-19 away from (seriously) being 4-0. I'm supremely confident with Newton at the helm, the Patriots win that game today. A few things:

1. Hoyer simply has to be released. A 10 year veteran making rookie mistakes has no place in the NFL.
2. Stidham will be a back-up not a starter.
3. Damien Harris will be our next bell cow back. Outside of a couple of incorrect reads, he played well and showed he plays quicker than Sony, already.
4. As expected, the lack of dynamic pass-catchers was on display for all to see. We desperately need an Alpha WR.
5. What was the point of drafting Asiasi and Keene if you're going play the very limited JAG Ryan Izzo?
6. The officials handed the Chiefs the game on a silver platter.
7. Defensive performance was extraordinary.
8. Extend Cam Newton.

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
Given everything that happened in the lead-up and the way that game went down

i expect nothing.jpg

wish i was more confident and optimistic of our team as you two are :(

Don’t fret GG.exe one of your teams will come through. 😉

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Showed a lot of heart to rally late. Reality is, they had two weeks to practice and prepare, while we had two practices total. Titans obviously showed you can win with a disrupted preparation but I think the limited reps really showed with our battered O-line.

While it was pretty shitty to watch, still walk away feeling like this team will be good.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Rebuild incoming. Belichick appears to have too much faith in his coaching and not enough in game-changing offensive talent. Throw the kids to the wolves, let them develop and worry about re-tooling in the offseason because clearly, this team doesn't have the offensive cattle. Also, it now appears obvious our next franchise QB isn't on the roster. The Cam experiment was fun but now, without anyone capable of creating separation, it looks plain sad.

Truthfully, I wouldn't be dissatisfied with a full organisational reset, coaching included. It's been a great run but like all great runs, they come to an end.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rebuild incoming. Belichick appears to have too much faith in his coaching and not enough in game-changing offensive talent. Throw the kids to the wolves, let them develop and worry about re-tooling in the offseason because clearly, this team doesn't have the offensive cattle. Also, it now appears obvious our next franchise QB isn't on the roster. The Cam experiment was fun but now, without anyone capable of creating separation, it looks plain sad.

Truthfully, I wouldn't be dissatisfied with a full organisational reset, coaching included. It's been a great run but like all great runs, they come to an end.
BBs biggest mistake was not solving the ab situation pre draft and during draft, almost like a bet to TB that he can without a qb, just D. But the roster on both sides is bereft of talent. Rebuild for sure

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots

It doesn't stop on the offensive front; the defense has been lucky to force a punt these last two weeks - can't stop anyone.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
It doesn't stop on the offensive front; the defense has been lucky to force a punt these last two weeks - can't stop anyone.
That's because we don't have a Defensive Line and our LB core of the past few seasons is either elsewhere or opted out. The irony is I do believe we have some young talent but for reasons unknown, it's not being used. As mentioned, I'm not averse to going full rebuild now but also, I wonder if our offensive philosophy is outdated in the modern NFL.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
BBs biggest mistake was not solving the ab situation pre draft and during draft, almost like a bet to TB that he can without a qb, just D. But the roster on both sides is bereft of talent. Rebuild for sure
I blame Air Handjob for that release but you're right.

Back