Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

When was the last time a qb who played the entire game had 69 passing yards in a 45-0 win?

Incredible. Seems like a stat line out of 1931. #2020things

OK Patriot Fans.

We have seen Cam Newton in 13 games now, so what do we do as far as the QB position going forward.

Do we keep The Mad Hatter and try and negotiate a realistic $$$$ contract.
Move on from Cam as the rebuild continues.
Who could / would / should we target as an acceptable QB.
What's available in young QB talent within our draft range.

Been an odd season thats for sure, we have been as inconsistent as any team this season, we have had some good moments and some absolute shockers too.

I think some narrow wins have papered over just how bad we actually are.

Personally I think its time to move on from Tommy and Cam and try to find our next QB of the future.
That said this project may take us a few seasons, so if Cam was to come back on sensible money, to buy us some time I could live with that.

Oh.... and fully acknowledge that that with our current WR and TE cohort we are not going anywhere in a hurry.

So many holes and roster gaps to fix and fill....... just where to start.

Thoughts Patriot Nation. !!!!!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
OK Patriot Fans.

We have seen Cam Newton in 13 games now, so what do we do as far as the QB position going forward.

Been an odd season thats for sure, we have been as inconsistent as any team this season, we have had some good moments and some absolute shockers too.

Personally I think its time to move on from Tommy and Cam and try to find our next QB of the future.
That said this project may take us a few seasons, so if Cam was to come back on sensible money, to buy us some time I could live with that.

Oh.... and fully acknowledge that that with our current WR and TE cohort we are not going anywhere in a hurry.

So many holes and roster gap to fix and fill....... just where to start.

Gotta trade for someone like darnold, minshew, matt ryan, etc

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
OK Patriot Fans.

So many holes and roster gaps to fix and fill....... just where to start.

I think we need to court Darnold. If Trevor’s heading to NY, then he’ll be the best ready made option to lean on. He’s still young enough to be crafted (pardon the pun) into the Patriot way & has skill set to be a really good QB, ....wouldn’t cost more than a 2nd & 4th/5th either...

He’d marry up well with our emerging run game too.

Couldn’t watch another season with Newton though. He’s driving me insane & Stidham isn’t up to it other than as a solid back up QB.

Gotta trade for someone like darnold, minshew, matt ryan, etc

Matt Stafford.
I think we need to court Darnold. If Trevor’s heading to NY, then he’ll be the best ready made option to lean on. He’s still young enough to be crafted (pardon the pun) into the Patriot way & has skill set to be a really good QB, ....wouldn’t cost more than a 2nd & 4th/5th either...

He’d marry up well with our emerging run game too.

Couldn’t watch another season with Newton though. He’s driving me insane & Stidham isn’t up to it other than as a solid back up QB.

No way will Darnold cost that much. Market won't be that popular by trade for him, plus teams know the Jets will be drafting Lawerence so can wait for him to be released if need be. Jets should have traded him before this year's deadline.

At most he would cost a third, but I reckon it will end up being a fourth or fifth.

OK Patriot Fans.

We've seen what Cam can do...time to give Stidham a few games to see what he can do (if anything!). Then decide what to do for next season.

Harry's trainer blaming Harry's struggles on Cam.

Cam hasn't been good, but Harry was garbage last year too. He can't get open, he cant catch well enough for a possession reciever. First round bust putting blame on anyone other than himself.

Harry's trainer blaming Harry's struggles on Cam.

Cam hasn't been good, but Harry was garbage last year too. He can't get open, he cant catch well enough for a possession reciever. First round bust putting blame on anyone other than himself.

Right at the minute we are all blaming Cam. ;)

The s**t show of season 2020/2021 has rolled over and another poor performance again.

TBH I wish we had lost a few more games as that would get us better early draft picks ..... not that BB knows what do with first round picks his record ain't that flash.

As the season draws to an end, it was pretty much as I expected and its time to do a complete rebuild, none of us can complain as the last decade has been an absolute joy and all good things come to an end.

Only pleasing thing from this round was the Jets ability to have a meaningless win , that puts them now missing out of the first pick lol ......... they have been s**t for so long they cant even tank properly.
After a merry go round of crap QB's ........... they finally appear to get a crack at the best QB to come out since Andrew Luck and they fluff it, so that Jacksonville now get the franchise QB. :p:p:p

I really hope they keep Gase in the HC position for many more years.

Last edited:
The sh*t show of season 2020/2021 has rolled over and another poor performance again.

TBH I wish we had lost a few more games as that would get us better early draft picks ..... not that BB knows what do with first round picks his record ain't that flash.

As the season draws to an end, it was pretty much as I expected and its time to do a complete rebuild, none of us can complain as the last decade has been an absolute joy and all good things come to an end.

Only pleasing thing from this round was the Jets ability to have a meaningless win , that puts missing out of the first pick lol ......... they have been sh*t for so long they cant even tank properly.
After a merry go round of crap QB's ........... they finally appear to get a crack at the best QB to come out since Andrew Luck and they fluff it, so that Jacksonville now get the franchise QB. :p:p:p

I really hope they keep Gase in the HC position for many more years.

Jets fans reactions today on you tube and social media have been priceless. Looking forward to seeing what Rich Eisen has to say tomorrow.

I feel so sorry for the fans. Their franchise straight up tortures them.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
I think BB will bring in Darnold at a fairly discounted price, should the Jets finish bottom. Or maybe the Jets draft Jones or Fields?

What are the chances of Jones lasting until the Pats pick? They may look to trade up to grab him.

You dont think McDaniels will be that guy? Was disastrous as that HC/GM at the Broncos.

Kraft may well give McDaniels the HC job, but IMO he will also appoint a stand alone GM.

BB was in a unique position and Kraft gave him all the controls that BB wanted, that status wont be offered to whoever the new coach is.

That said I have no idea when BB will retire, he has always been a fighter and up for a challenge.
He has overseen two successful rebuilds and I would not be at all surprised if he wants to oversee a third.

BB always struck me as the sort of bloke that will go out on his terms and on a high note, rather than hand a mess over to some new HC to sort out.
Now I am not necessarily saying he goes out with another Lombardi, but rather, he puts together a team thats back in contention for the AFC East title.

Given his record I just cant see Kraft pushing BB into retirement, BB goes when he himself decides it's time to go.

Just my two cents worth.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Patriots signed K Roberto Aguayo, QB Jake Dolegala, DT Bill Murray, G Ross Reynolds, K Justin Rohrwasser, CB D'Angelo Ross, WR Devin Smith, DT Nick Thurman, WR Kristian Wilkerson, and WR Isaiah Zuber to reserve/future contracts.
All 10 players finished the year on New England's practice squad. With Nick Folk scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, the Patriots also notably brought back both Aguayo and Rohrwasser.
SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter
Jan 4, 2021, 5:29 PM ET

Back