Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news Dave Andrews signs on for another four years.

This pleases me greatly, great footballer but also a very strong leader and high quality locker room bloke. :thumbsu: :whitecheck:

So the Kyle Van Noy transaction is basically: Pats lose Kyle Van Noy for Kyle Van Noy and a fourth round compensation pick

Pretty much. :)

Good news Dave Andrews signs on for another four years.

This pleases me greatly, great footballer but also a very strong leader and high quality locker room bloke. :thumbsu: :whitecheck:
With superior coaching, we are a QB away from being a Super Bowl calibre talented roster. Go get your guy Bill and take us back to the promised land.

It's been reported that The Patriots, have signed Raekwon McMillan, the hard hitting inside linebacker who also plays in special teams.
McMillan would add some additional toughness and versatility to the front seven.
This move makes sense with Brandon Copeland having signed a one year deal with Atlanta.

McMillan visited Foxborough on Friday, as did the former Detroit / Atlanta CB Desmond Trufant........ why would we be after a veteran CB ...... well there have been whispers that New England and Dallas are in discussions about trading CB Stephon Gilmore for WR Michael Gallop .... this will be an interesting, developing trade story line to follow.

Lawrence Guy re-signed and another STer added. Watching BB conduct the Free Agency orchestra has been nothing less than spectacular. Suddenly, there's few holes (if any) in the roster, one begging for the crescendo: a trade up for our QB of the future.

They have also re-signed James White. :thumbsu:
Both Lawrence and White are starting players, so to have retained them both is an unspectacular but, very solid FA move.

Patriots have also signed 8 year veteran LB LaRoy Reynolds.

BB is building a formidable list for 2021. :)

Lawrence Guy re-signed and another STer added. Watching BB conduct the Free Agency orchestra has been nothing less than spectacular. Suddenly, there's few holes (if any) in the roster, one begging for the crescendo: a trade up for our QB of the future.
Who are you suggesting is worthy of trading up for? I'm not sure I'd be keen on going all in on anyone after Lawrence or Wilson.

Who are you suggesting is worthy of trading up for? I'm not sure I'd be keen on going all in on anyone after Lawrence or Wilson.
Personally, I'd be happy standing Pat at 15 if Mac Jones (I'm more than fine with his pocket passing ability and care little for uber athleticism at the position) is available but if the reports are to believed it seems like they're targeting Justin Fields. In a perfect world, the Pats would trade for an established, disgruntled star QB but eh, it is what it is.

Personally, I'd be happy standing Pat at 15 if Mac Jones (I'm more than fine with his pocket passing ability and care little for uber athleticism at the position) is available but if the reports are to believed it seems like they're targeting Justin Fields. In a perfect world, the Pats would trade for an established, disgruntled star QB but eh, it is what it is.

Glad you didn't say Lance. 😉

I like both Jones and Fields , just wouldnt trade multiple early picks to move up inside the top 7 or 8 for either.

I like both Jones and Fields , just wouldnt trade multiple early picks to move up inside the top 7 or 8 for either.

Agree - I just can’t see the Patriots being able to get in any sort of position to land Fields.

I would however, consider trading into the back end of the first round to pick up Jones if he was still there.

Failing that I would just take a punt on someone like Jamie Newman by way of an example, in the middle rounds.

Also think the Patriots might flush out a second string QB, post draft or once the season gets underway.
Maybe a Darnold or Mariota.
I personally don’t think Darnold is as bad as he has shown, rather I think he has been jerked around and had his confidence damaged in a very dis functional, cluster f**** of an organisation - The Jets have been a grave yard for good players for some time now.

The Mad Hatter now has no excuses as the weapons are now at his disposal, but he is at best a bridge QB and not the answer to our next tilt at a title.

I have no idea what it will look like, but I just can’t see the Patriots going into the season with only Stidham as the Mad Haters back up.

Too many red flags about Wilson and Lance for my liking and while not a "sexy" pick, there's not much else Jones can do to establish NFL potential credentials.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports Patriots head coach Bill Belichick ignored team scouts who wanted to draft A.J. Brown and Deebo Samuel over N'Keal Harry in the 2019 NFL Draft.
The revelation comes a week after Patriots owner Bob Kraft criticized the team's draft results. Belichick reportedly ignored his personnel department and went with Harry as the 32nd pick based on Harry’s performance during a non-workout visit and Belichick’s relationship with Harry’s college coach, Todd Graham. The rest is history: Harry has been a non-entity in the New England offense -- catching 45 passes for 414 yards in two seasons -- while Brown is among the league's most explosive wideouts and Samuel is an electric after-the-catch weapon and a staple of the 49ers offense. Breer said Kraft’s recent reference to a “different approach” to the NFL Draft indicates Belichick is now listening more to his personnel department.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com
Apr 6, 2021, 9:10 AM ET

Edelman retires after failing a medical and being released.

Very sad when an out and out champ retires, but sadly injuries and father time have caught up with Jules.

What an amazing 12 years as a Patriot whereby he leaves the game with three SB rings.

Hope he stays retired and doesn't decide to join TB12 and Gronk in Tampa.

Jules body has been hammered and he has struggled to make it on to the park the last two seasons.
There were reports earlier in the week that even if he played on this season he wouldn't be available for all of the games.

He has been my favourite Patriot player for about 8 years now and I can only thank him for his wonderful contribution and service to what has been one of the greatest dynasties in NFL history, pound for pound he sits, IMO, up there with one of the toughest Patriots I have had the privilege to watch.

He has never been camera shy and I suspect we will be seeing his name and face somewhere soon in the media.

Thanks Jules for a wonderful career. @:blueheart::heart:#11

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Very sad when an out and out champ retires, but sadly injuries and father time have caught up with Jules.

What an amazing 12 years as a Patriot whereby he leaves the game with three SB rings.

Jules body has been hammered and he has struggled to make it on to the park the last two seasons.
There were reports earlier in the week that even if he played on this season he wouldn't be available for all of the games.

He has been my favourite Patriot player for about 8 years now and I can only thank him for his wonderful contribution and service to what has been one of the greatest dynasties in NFL history, pound for pound he sits, IMO, up there with one of the toughest Patriots I have had the privilege to watch.

He has never been camera shy and I suspect we will be seeing his name and face somewhere soon in the media.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Yep agree, even in my short time supporting the Pats he was the standout for mine.

Yep agree, even in my short time supporting the Pats he was the standout for mine.

He has been an absolute warrior 🐿 .

Has managed to forged a pretty amazing career for himself, a 5' 10" QB from Kent State and he morphed himself into an elite WR.
One of the best slot receivers that the Pats have had, brilliant in clutch moments.

Would be fair to say that the come from behind win in the SB against Atlanta doesn't happen had it not been for ' That Catch ".

Kudos to BB for taking him in the seventh as he said at the time, my paraphrasing ... note sure when he will play, but he has too much talent, get him up here and lets see what we can work out.

Last edited:

The amount of clutch moments he had was outstanding

Throwing a TD pass in the 2014 Divisional to tie the scores
The catch on 3rd Down in SB49 as Chancellor sent him into oblivion
Super Bowl-winning TD in the same game
The catch off the tipped pass during the game-tying drive in SB51
The entirety of SB53 in a game dominated by both D-lines to win MVP

The most quintessential Patriots wide-out since Troy Brown

I can't see this happening but I was stuffing around on the PFN Mock Draft Simulator as I have been for weeks and found a way I would be happy for the draft to go. Again I can't see us getting up to 4 but for the Mock Draft Simulator Atlanta kept taking Fields so I needed to get there. Trading Picks 15, 46 and 2022 1st rounder for Atlanta's pick 4. Again that won't happen but if there was ever a year we could toss our draft picks in the bin it's this one. I gurantee we get 0 of these guys but one can dream.
1619506485720.png
1619506514944.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back