New facilities in Springfield. Update: all systems go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Part of an email from the club this morning-

SPRINGFIELD

Progress on our Club’s new home is going well. Our Queensland Government funding deed has been executed and a development application for The Reserve Community Arena at Springfield was lodged with Ipswich City Council this week. We have assembled a talented design team led by Brisbane-based architects Populous who have recently designed training bases for West Coast Eagles and Geelong Cats, among many other world-leading stadium projects. Earthworks should commence next month while our team refines the detailed design.

We look forward to sharing some exciting images and fly-throughs with Club partners, members and supporters in coming months as we launch a fundraising drive to ensure that our teams have the leagues’ best training facilities and our Club has an iconic home for AFLW and NEAFL games.

Finally, it’s been really gratifying this year to see the joy the team’s performances have brought to all the loyal supporters of the club. So many of you have stuck with us through some lean times and we are very grateful for that.

Thanks for your support, I look forward to seeing many of you at the footy tomorrow night to celebrate Daniel Rich’s 200th game with the Club, or at an upcoming Lions function.

Go Lions!

Andrew Wellington
Chairman

Dlions

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Part of an email from the club this morning-

SPRINGFIELD

Progress on our Club’s new home is going well. Our Queensland Government funding deed has been executed and a development application for The Reserve Community Arena at Springfield was lodged with Ipswich City Council this week. We have assembled a talented design team led by Brisbane-based architects Populous who have recently designed training bases for West Coast Eagles and Geelong Cats, among many other world-leading stadium projects. Earthworks should commence next month while our team refines the detailed design.

We look forward to sharing some exciting images and fly-throughs with Club partners, members and supporters in coming months as we launch a fundraising drive to ensure that our teams have the leagues’ best training facilities and our Club has an iconic home for AFLW and NEAFL games.

Finally, it’s been really gratifying this year to see the joy the team’s performances have brought to all the loyal supporters of the club. So many of you have stuck with us through some lean times and we are very grateful for that.

Thanks for your support, I look forward to seeing many of you at the footy tomorrow night to celebrate Daniel Rich’s 200th game with the Club, or at an upcoming Lions function.

Go Lions!

Andrew Wellington
Chairman
The fact that he singled out,
The ‘Queensland Government’ funding deed having been executed makes me think there was a bit of a hold up there, as Tassie4ever mentioned a couple of posts up!

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
The fact that he singled out,
The ‘Queensland Government’ funding deed having been executed makes me think there was a bit of a hold up there, as Tassie4ever mentioned a couple of posts up!

I get my info from an internal ICC source who deals with development matters.

I'll check the above Lions product when next we meet.

Top Bottom