Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Is fundraising new information or have I missed something?

has been milling round in the background for a little bit but still fairly new. Without knowing much about it I'd say its for more of the nice to haves rather than structural things. I'd imagine it will be more focused on things like more alter g units and the like, contents rather than big ticket items. the 70 million is for a facility but the lions were always going to have to contribute to really fit it out properly. I'm guessing that is what this funding is for.

has been milling round in the background for a little bit but still fairly new. Without knowing much about it I'd say its for more of the nice to haves rather than structural things. I'd imagine it will be more focused on things like more alter g units and the like, contents rather than big ticket items. the 70 million is for a facility but the lions were always going to have to contribute to really fit it out properly. I'm guessing that is what this funding is for.
That would be my guess.
Things like tables and chairs, telephones, White boards, projectors, lockers and bench seats, maybe lane ropes for the pool, more gym equipment so all the boys can do gym together.
There would be a lot of these sorts of incidentals that are not included in the build price.

Some more photos.
2e749c48-5d09-4497-8efc-66f253f3fff8-jpeg.794390
It's lovely to see a father playing sports with his children

I don't think it's for anything critical. It's an opportunity to raise more money for the club that they can link directly into something with visible progress.

It's the same reason you get "pay down the debt" club fundraisers but not just "improve our bottom line" ones.

Sorry for the noob question but I assume all our home games from 2021? will be at Springfield? Are the dimensions similar to the Gabba?

Sorry for the noob question but I assume all our home games from 2021? will be at Springfield? Are the dimensions similar to the Gabba?

Men's pre-season games and Women's home games. Men's home games will still be at the Gabba. The Reserve will be more of a boutique suburban ground. Capacity will be around the 5000 mark from memory.

Men's pre-season games and Women's home games. Men's home games will still be at the Gabba. The Reserve will be more of a boutique suburban ground. Capacity will be around the 5000 mark from memory.

The NEAFL team will play their home games at Springfield.

This is clearly just for the cherry on top, and ultimately you can really only have one effective fund raising push - from supporters who are already forking out money - every couple of years. Now is probably the best time to capitalise on good will and have people feel like they are buying into future successes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Construction Set to get underway in March.
Ready for the 2022 AFLW season.

I thought the date was start of 2021 AFLW season. So i found this article from Sep 2019

Quote from article
Mr Madigan said it was essential the “fit for purpose” work was done before Christmas to ensure agreed timeframes, environmental consequences and costs.

The Reserve is expected to officially open in early 2021.

This is a cool Time lapse camera overlooking The Reserve.
To try it out I put in a Start date of 5/9/19 and finish date today.
It took a while (2 minutes) to download the 650 images. Then you can hit play/pause button to watch. I have NBN so that helped.

Or you just select some of the other options available.

Either way it is a good site to Bookmark. You can see construction progress without relying on the Big footy community posting photos .

Edit : For those that don't have NBN do this link

When The Reserve is finished will the Lions staff still be at The Gabba or are they all moving to Springfield?

Last edited:
Judging from the floor plans, i saw a CEO, and CFO office in there somewhere. I spent a while downloading those pictures, seems it was every 15 mins for the last 7 days. Riveting stuff! The water didn't even fall :eek:

Hopefully in the coming months it will be much better to watch :D

Judging from the floor plans, i saw a CEO, and CFO office in there somewhere. I spent a while downloading those pictures, seems it was every 15 mins for the last 7 days. Riveting stuff! The water didn't even fall :eek:

Hopefully in the coming months it will be much better to watch :D
Yes you have to play around with the dates. And it is a bit like watching paint dry.

However i don't understand the no rain comment.
Just select "today" don't change any dates and you will clearly see the rain.
I posted the link so people interested could look in say Monthly to see progress.
Try this current link and click "Today". You will clearly see a minl lake forming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back