Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Yeah, I knew that bit. I just have no construction industry knowledge whatsoever so am wondering how long the actual facilities construction is likely to take.

Three to 3.5 years I was told last night for all the facilities to be completed. Seems a bit extreme to me, but then Costco Bundamba still hasn't gotten a firm opening date well after scheduled end December 2018.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Three to 3.5 years I was told last night for all the facilities to be completed. Seems a bit extreme to me, but then Costco Bundamba still hasn't gotten a firm opening date well after scheduled end December 2018.

Looks like end of 2021 is the plan then.

About when I'll have the time to go up and check it out.

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin
I find it amusing that you attribute altruistic motives to a Land Corporation which has had close dealings with the Ipswich City Council. The Ipswich City Council LMAO.

Developer called before CCC hearing
joelgould-1c31psps1rll94089i2_ct30x30.jpg

by jgould

20th Apr 2017 8:41 AM

SPRINGFIELD Land Corporation deputy-chairman Bob Sharpless has been called to appear before the Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) public hearing.
The CCC has updated its witness list and Mr Sharpless is slated to appear on Thursday, April 27 at the hearing which will investigate the conduct of candidates in the Ipswich, Moreton Bay and Gold Coast local government elections in 2016.

** On the board & Chairman for many years? Try four & imo four very poor years so far as Club performance goes.
Being Ipswich I assume they'll turn it into a multi-use site with another toxic waste dump being built nearby (they've already got at least one) that will poison players and residents. Springfield, dodgy mayors, toxic waste- the parallels are just too obvious. What a place.

DashinD

All Australian
Sep 5, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Being Ipswich I assume they'll turn it into a multi-use site with another toxic waste dump being built nearby (they've already got at least one) that will poison players and residents. Springfield, dodgy mayors, toxic waste- the parallels are just too obvious. What a place.
I don't know if you are taking the piss, if you are, play on and ignore the incoming rant.

I think you have some preconceptions about Ipswich that aren't exactly rooted in reality. If you want to define the whole city by those couple of things you've posted about, then sure, it's a shithole.

However, that's not my reality of living here. We live in a large, nice Queenslander on the edge of the parks, 750m from a good primary school that we walk to, which we share with a community of vibrant and unpretentious young families. We're paying off our mortgage for less that half of what we paid to rent in Indooroopilly. My wife and I are both able to work part-time, and there is always someone to be with the kids before and after school, often both of us are at home in the afternoons. I've been able to establish a small business with next to no effort because of the lack of competition (small pond and all that).

In other words, we have a ******* sweet lifestyle, at minimal cost. Not trying to humblebrag, it's something that we've deliberately planned for, and something that most people could do if they wanted to. Old-fashioned preconceptions like yours actually help people like us, theyact as a filter keeping away the people who can't get past that stuff, leaving the cheap, awesome houses for us!

I get it that's it's not like this for everyone here, but what is for certain is that we wouldn't be able to live this way if we stayed in Brisbane, where we both grew up in lower middle class families.

Plus, we will soon have the Lions on our doorstep, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!! YEAH BABY! So much training, AFLW, intraclubs, pre-season games in the tea leaves... stoked!

Last edited:

drapes11

Debutant
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't know if you are taking the piss, if you are, play on and ignore the incoming rant.

I think you have some preconceptions about Ipswich that aren't exactly rooted in reality. If you want to define the whole city by those couple of things you've posted about, then sure, it's a shithole.

However, that's not my reality of living here. We live in a large, nice Queenslander on the edge of the parks, 750m from a good primary school that we walk to, which we share with a community of vibrant and unpretentious young families. We're paying off our mortgage for less that half of what we paid to rent in Indooroopilly. My wife and I are both able to work part-time, and there is always someone to be with the kids before and after school, often both of us are at home in the afternoons. I've been able to establish a small business with next to no effort because of the lack of competition (small pond and all that).

In other words, we have a ******* sweet lifestyle, at minimal cost. Not trying to humblebrag, it's something that we've deliberately planned for, and something that most people could do if they wanted to. Old-fashioned preconceptions like yours actually help people like us, theyact as a filter keeping away the people who can't get past that stuff, leaving the cheap, awesome houses for us!

I get it that's it's not like this for everyone here, but what is for certain is that we wouldn't be able to live this way if we stayed in Brisbane, where we both grew up in lower middle class families.

Plus, we will soon have the Lions on our doorstep, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!! YEAH BABY! So much training, AFLW, intraclubs, pre-season games in the tea leaves... stoked!

Best post ever, I am actually a 10 min walk from where the facilities will be so I can’t wait ;)

And a fine place to stage the Premiership celebrations.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Beautiful response!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin

My post was more of a comment on the goings on at Ipswich City Council and the fact that it imports apparently toxic waste from NSW. That doesn't define Ipswich as a place, but it does reflect the fact the it's fairly irrelevant in SEQ. No one's interested in what happens in Ipswich (aside from the odd corruption scandal), despite the fact that there are plenty of other issues there that would receive much more attention in the SC/Brisbane/GC corridor.
Probably your most pretentious post yet but looking at past history not surprising.
You went off on some tangent about unions in this thread for no apparent reason so look, I'm going to take this as a compliment.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
My post was more of a comment on the goings on at Ipswich City Council and the fact that it imports apparently toxic waste from NSW. That doesn't define Ipswich as a place, but it does reflect the fact the it's fairly irrelevant in SEQ. No one's interested in what happens in Ipswich (aside from the odd corruption scandal), despite the fact that there are plenty of other issues there that would receive much more attention in the SC/Brisbane/GC corridor.

You went off on some tangent about unions in this thread for no apparent reason so look, I'm going to take this as a compliment.
You're leaving out that it was a response to your numerous union posts. Cool attempt to deflect though.

You're leaving out that it was a response to your numerous union posts. Cool attempt to deflect though.

I think you're confusing carnaroys08 (who you had your union discussion with) and carnthemlions.

Dec 18, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Roar,Halifax Town AFC

Love your work DD
I too live in Ipswich, mortgage free, backing on to a park and then bush land. I can’t wait for the reserve to be finished
i don’t think corruption is confined to ICC, there is trouble in Logan and the corruption I witnessed while working for 30 years in the public service in Brisbane is another level again. I am a photographer working in real estate atm, on a clear day when I have my drone in the air, the toxic cloud hanging over Brisbane City is something to behold. So no need for a toxic waste dump in Brissie, just breath it in, there you go breath it in.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Just got back from 10 days off the grid and got this news.

You bloody beauty!

I haven't read over everything on it on here and in the MSM yet but when does the construction start and do we know when it will be usable?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just got back from 10 days off the grid and got this news.

You bloody beauty!

I haven't read over everything on it on here and in the MSM yet but when does the construction start and do we know when it will be usable?

They haven't got a builder yet so nothing is set in stone but they expect to start later in the year.

They're hoping to get the grounds ready first IIRC. But again without a builder nothing is decided.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back