Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

So any trade target that tours our facilities this time next year will require a hard hat.

Should be able to get pollies turning up for any tour then, they loves them some hard hats.

I hope that creek there doesn't flood, I assume it doesn't as that was one of the reasons given for not seriously considering Coorparoo or Yeronga as our new base.

Looks like they've done some work in straightening out, mitigating any local flood risk. The area itself is close to the watershed, so flash-flooding would be the only concern. Riverine flooding won't be an issue. Except for in 100 years maybe.

Looks like they've done some work in straightening out, mitigating any local flood risk. The area itself is close to the watershed, so flash-flooding would be the only concern. Riverine flooding won't be an issue. Except for in 100 years maybe.

Let’s hope the 1 in 100 year event is on 100 years and not year 1.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting that the consultants manage to tick all the boxes except one - written consent to the development from the landowners. A formality but a pretty important one you would think. Given the earthworks have started, I assume the thing has been approved although this says no decision has been recorded.

How can they possibly go ahead without that consent.......would be catastrophic for the club if they have to demolish or halt all works due to a minor but important detail.

Who are the landowners by the way? I thought either Springfield Corp (or whatever they're called) or the council owned it.

How can they possibly go ahead without that consent.......would be catastrophic for the club if they have to demolish or halt all works due to a minor but important detail.

Who are the landowners by the way? I thought either Springfield Corp (or whatever they're called) or the council owned it.
Didn't they give the Lions the land for a $1 lease?

My understanding was that the land was donated to the ICC by Springfield Land Corp on the proviso that it be used for this purpose? This was my understanding.
Correct me if I am wrong.
To then be leased back to the Lions for a dollar a year for 50yrs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm probably way off here, (obviously hope I am) but this has had a dodgy feel to it from day one imo..

Settle down. They initially failed to include a bit of documentation in the submission process in the plans I linked above. All fine, nothing is getting demolished.

Interesting that the consultants manage to tick all the boxes except one - written consent to the development from the landowners. A formality but a pretty important one you would think. Given the earthworks have started, I assume the thing has been approved although this says no decision has been recorded.

Document 14 - Owners consent

Document 14 - Owners consent
That's for one parcel of land in the development but they didn't file consents for the other two - 7003 Eden Station Drive and 7001 Centenary Highway. Hence the letter from the Council saying it was incomplete. I'm assuming the other two consents have since been filed or else they presumably couldn't proceed to dig it up.

Settle down. They initially failed to include a bit of documentation in the submission process in the plans I linked above. All fine, nothing is getting demolished.

Didn't say it was going to be demolished.......has been many cases of that happening though over the years, where proper approvals etc haven't been done properly.

How can something so big start going ahead if every single required consent isn't ticked off?

...and don't tell me to settle down like I'm an hysterical female. I'm not.

What I am is someone who is questioning the process after it was mentioned by WhiteLineFeva that certain consents weren't given and who likes everything done properly and not leave room for error...

Didn't say it was going to be demolished.......has been many cases of that happening though over the years, where proper approvals etc haven't been done properly.

How can something so big start going ahead if every single required consent isn't ticked off?

...and don't tell me to settle down like I'm an hysterical female. I'm not.

What I am is someone who is questioning the process after it was mentioned by WhiteLineFeva that certain consents weren't given and who likes everything done properly and not leave room for error...
If there was anything dodgy going on during the early stages of this, it would have been picked up during the Pissali (not sure of spelling) saga.
Everything is slowly being ticked off and ground works have begun, it is happening MacMum believe it or not!

Documents 4, 5 and 7 have pretty detailed plans: http://pdonline.ipswich.qld.gov.au/...onMaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=878476

You might have to click the link, accept the conditions and then go back and click the link again to get the actual application.

The plans in these docs show a set of change rooms (I don’t think the main change rooms used by the players) where 32m2 is allocated for backs and forwards and 40m2 for mids. Miss get all the perks!

The plans in these docs show a set of change rooms (I don’t think the main change rooms used by the players) where 32m2 is allocated for backs and forwards and 40m2 for mids. Miss get all the perks!
That's the job, the mids always need to run around more :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back