Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What are all those cars parked there for? If for the station, where will they park when the job is done. The photo looks like they are parked on and around what will be our area.....

What are all those cars parked there for? If for the station, where will they park when the job is done. The photo looks like they are parked on and around what will be our area.....
They are for the train station, yes.

There is going to be a new multi level car park built for the train station as a seperate development to the Lions facility.
And I believe there will be 2 seperate car parks for the Lions facility itself.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm probably way off here, (obviously hope I am) but this has had a dodgy feel to it from day one imo..
You're way off. Sharpless is heavily involved with Springfield Land Corp as one of the original founders.

Not sure in why you'd think the deal is dodgy other than from a lack of understanding/knowledge.

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I'm probably way off here, (obviously hope I am) but this has had a dodgy feel to it from day one imo..
Before posting something so ignorant you should do a little research.

Sharpless has put a great deal of his hard earned into this project with zero expectation of a personal return. Zero.

If you get put down for such a pitiful post you should expect a response. Nothing to do with gender. Everything to do with ignorance.

You should get a job at our ABC.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Sharpless has put a great deal of his hard earned into this project with zero expectation of a personal return. Zero.

If you get put down for such a pitiful post you should expect a response. Nothing to do with gender. Everything to do with ignorance.

Steady there.

Calm down Mr Sharpless.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With the former Ipswich mayor Pisasale's legal issues encompassing fraud, corruption, exhortion, sexual assault and perjury, the major donations by the Springfield Land Corporation to Pisasale in the past, question marks over whether the Ipswich council ignored environmental concerns to approve the facilities followed by donations to Pisasale by the SLC, Sharpless' conflict of interest in his position as Chairman of the Brisbane Lions and Deputy Director of the Springfield Land Corporation and with how our club was generally being run at that point in time, I too had "concerns" with the process.

Hopefully we've gotten past that mess at least...

Thankyou ZoBlitz

Dodgy wheeling and dealing is what businessmen do. It’s what separates them from the animals.

Exactly..

Brett C and Tassie4ever .... perhaps before posting something so ignorant, you should do a little research. You are way off.

Everyone needs to be outraged about something these days,that's our society atm.

That's a outrageous suggestion!

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Thankyou ZoBlitz

Exactly..

Brett C and Tassie4ever .... perhaps before posting something so ignorant, you should do a little research. You are way off.
Shock horror a developer donates to a policitician! Next you'll tell me unions donate to the labor party and there's no conflict there.

Just because someone feels something is dodgy doesn't make it so and doesn't make your comment any less ignorant.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

There is zero evidence of this. Zero.

That said, I would like to think that we are now past the questionable dealings of Pisasale & Sharpless. The project has progressed into shifting dirt and building infrastructure. I don't care how we got here, and believe it's too late to have it halted or reversed.

I think we're in the happy grey area between the 2 arguments of "I hope it doesn't come crashing down" and "Nothing to see here".

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Geez I'd love to say "get stuffed" but being a lady I won't;)

How about, instead, you do a bit of research. As befits any gender.

And if I were you I'd be careful about spreading about any accusations of personal benefit- not a good thing to do in this litigious age.

Do we really have to go over all this "why not Coorparoo/ Yeeronga/ wherever?" stuff again. For God's sake surely we've moved on. The decision has been made. The caravan has moved on- there are now even pictures to prove it. Get behind the Club's progress. Or not.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey Tassie4ever, there are plenty of us that have opinions on many things happening to The Brisbane Lions. If some of the opinions or thoughts are not the same as yours.....SUCK IT UP! On this forum, they are entitled to express their opinions providing they are not offensive or disrespectful which MM's post was neither. Rudeness like your post isn't called for.

Back